Schroth QuickFit Pro - On a 2018?

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I want to utilize the Schroth QuickFit Pro for HPDEs since I also use the car primarily on the street. Schroth says these won't fit 2018+ Mustangs, but I thought the GT350 was pretty much unchanged since 2015?

I know there were some subtle changes over the years. For example - I've read the prior years steering wheels don't fit. Anyone have any insight on whether the harness will fit OK and this is just a general fitment oversight?
Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I am not sure how it would not fit unless they somehow changed where the bolt in anchor points are. There is plenty of adjustment in length so front to back should not be a problem. Are the seats shaped drastically different in the 18?

OP
OP
ZX3ST

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The seats appear to be identical to previous years, but I don't know anyone local to put them side-by-side.

Maybe there's a difference in the latch mechanisms? What changed in 2018 that makes these incompatible?

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I thought the latching mechanisms were a standard. This harness has been excellent for track days, I highly recommend it. Probably going to get one for the passenger side

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I installed my 4 point Pro from my 13 GT without any glitches. Go for it!

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
From what I have read it has to do with the rear seat latching system that is used. Sooner or later they will get it figured out, I am hoping soon then later. Til then I am waiting til they get it all taken care of .

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I want to utilize the Schroth QuickFit Pro for HPDEs since I also use the car primarily on the street. Schroth says these won't fit 2018+ Mustangs, but I thought the GT350 was pretty much unchanged since 2015?

I know there were some subtle changes over the years. For example - I've read the prior years steering wheels don't fit. Anyone have any insight on whether the harness will fit OK and this is just a general fitment oversight?
OK, I can speak with experience here. I had the QFP on my 2016 GTPP and loved them. Schroth initially told me that they would not fit the 2108 GT350. After some inquiry, I learned that Ford made a change on the rear belts in 2018. The earlier rear belts had a different receptacle to the 2018s. In 2018 the receptacles are the same size for front and rear belts. I bought a replacement RR belt end for my 2016 and installed it on my 2018. The QFP then fit the 2018 perfectly. I saved the original 2018 belt end so that I can change it back to original when I sell the car.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

<TED>

OP
OP
ZX3ST

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
OK, I can speak with experience here. I had the QFP on my 2016 GTPP and loved them. Schroth initially told me that they would not fit the 2108 GT350. After some inquiry, I learned that Ford made a change on the rear belts in 2018. The earlier rear belts had a different receptacle to the 2018s. In 2018 the receptacles are the same size for front and rear belts. I bought a replacement RR belt end for my 2016 and installed it on my 2018. The QFP then fit the 2018 perfectly. I saved the original 2018 belt end so that I can change it back to original when I sell the car.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

<TED>
Thanks Ted. That helps immensely.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, I've been able to confirm via google search and comparing my belts. Here's what I've found.

Prior model years the front belts had a 7/8" wide latch tab. The rears had a 1" wide tab.
2018+ the rear belts have been updated for 7/8" wide latch tabs to match the fronts. So the Schroth adapter is too wide to fit.

I found this thread which also helpfully provides a part number for the retrofit. It does however mean (like you stated) that you can't use the rear 3-point seatbelts anymore. Minor point I guess. Easily reversible.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/schroth-quickfit-2018-install.101330/

Is it the same part number for both driver and passenger side? I'm planning on installing harnesses for both sides so my instructors can get in on the action.

In the meantime I sent an email to Schroth to see when (or if) they might offer an updated part for the newer models. I won't need these until April.

Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Thanks Ted. That helps immensely.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, I've been able to confirm via google search and comparing my belts. Here's what I've found.

Prior model years the front belts had a 7/8" wide latch tab. The rears had a 1" wide tab.
2018+ the rear belts have been updated for 7/8" wide latch tabs to match the fronts. So the Schroth adapter is too wide to fit.

I found this thread which also helpfully provides a part number for the retrofit. It does however mean (like you stated) that you can't use the rear 3-point seatbelts anymore. Minor point I guess. Easily reversible.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/schroth-quickfit-2018-install.101330/

Is it the same part number for both driver and passenger side? I'm planning on installing harnesses for both sides so my instructors can get in on the action.

In the meantime I sent an email to Schroth to see when (or if) they might offer an updated part for the newer models. I won't need these until April.
This is what I used.

FR3Z-6360044-AB

Buckle Rear Seat

I think it is the same on both sides, but I only needed the driver's side so I am not absolutely sure. You might check with Benny at LevittownFordParts.com.

Best,
<TED>

Thrownaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350R
Just went through this...

I have older rear female rear seat belts and male FRONT seat belt does not fit them. Therefore the Schroth system will not fit the female receptacle in the front...

Ford changed seatbelts in 2018.

Schroth is working on this but has no timeline for completion.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Just went through this...

I have older rear female rear seat belts and male FRONT seat belt does not fit them. Therefore the Schroth system will not fit the female receptacle in the front...

Ford changed seatbelts in 2018.

Schroth is working on this but has no timeline for completion.
First, the Schroth importer is aware of this issue and has a solution. When it came up I got the following message from Cody McLean at the importer:

"The issue with the belts incompatibility relates more to your model year than the model itself. Ford changed the rear female receptacle on 2017+ vehicles and it prevents our harness from hooking in correctly. From our understanding it’s possible to purchase and install a female receptacle from a 2016 or older Mustang to work around this issue.

Otherwise your Quick fit should transfer right over. Hopefully this has helped point you in the right direction. "

Based on this information, I bought a 2016 rear female receptacle and am using the Schroth Quickfit Pro on my 2018. Others have done the same.

You seem to be confused about the source of the problem. The problem isn't with the front seat belt. The rear seat belts were changed sometime in 2017 (according to Schroth). The Schroth front belt attachments will click right in to the existing front female receptacle on Mustangs before or after the change. Since you seem to have a Schroth belt there, try putting the front fitting in the front female receptacle. It will work. By contrast, the rear fitting will not work in the front female receptacle on any of the current Mustangs. The change was only to the rear belts.

Regards,
<TED>

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I CAN CONFIRM QUICKFIT 2015-17 DOES NOT FIT 2018.

HOWEVER SCHROTH THEY WILL RELEASE A 2018 MODEL IN FEW MONTHS. (JUNE?)
I NOW RUN A 4 POINT RALLYE BY SCHROTH. unfortunately this doesn't accept the Neck Restraint Systems
Sponsored