2018+ digital gauge swap in a gt350?

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Has anyone heard/know of someone doing the 2018+ gauge swap in the 350? I see that the 15-17 GT and ecoboost owners are starting to get them swapped pretty easily as plug and play setups are starting to hit the market, but I have no idea if this is even possible/practical for the 350. My various searches around the internet have yielded me nothing. I personally like the look of the digital gauges and I think it would make a nice addition to the GT350 if there's a way to make it work.
Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Has anyone heard/know of someone doing the 2018+ gauge swap in the 350? I see that the 15-17 GT and ecoboost owners are starting to get them swapped pretty easily as plug and play setups are starting to hit the market, but I have no idea if this is even possible/practical for the 350. My various searches around the internet have yielded me nothing. I personally like the look of the digital gauges and I think it would make a nice addition to the GT350 if there's a way to make it work.
I looked at the thread over in on Infotainment section with great interest several months ago but am skeptical it will work in our cars unless the display can be reformatted to register the higher redline. I too was keen to do this conversion since so many have flushed out the bugs and hit it to work. I hope a solution can be found dcto get a proper reconfiguration for our our specific needs.

OP
OP
MikeMM

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I looked at the thread over in on Infotainment section with great interest several months ago but am skeptical it will work in our cars unless the display can be reformatted to register the higher redline. I too was keen to do this conversion since so many have flushed out the bugs and hit it to work. I hope a solution can be found dcto get a proper reconfiguration for our our specific needs.
The stock one will read to 8K, and the difference between 8K and 8250 is minimal. Honestly the redline isn't a deal breaker for me because at 7800+ I'm not looking at the tach. The biggest snag I could see is missing readouts for some of the gauges we have that the GT doesn't. In that respect, the ForScan thread had found a way to mitigate that on the 15-17GT so I'm sure there would be a workaround.

Mastervic27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, F80 M3, Ariel Atom SRA, AP1 S2K, NA Miata
I've inquired a seller on eBay about the redline and it can be only program either at 6500 rpm or 7400 rpm. If it was programmed at 7400 rpm that means the gauge will indicate redline before our engine reaches redline at 8250 rpm and it will not be able to show RPM beyond 8k. This was a deal breaker for me....

ridesafely:

Hi,

Absolutely. Those can all be programmed to reflect features like drive modes and others. The redline can also be either 6500 RPM or 7400 RPM.
Your previous message

Hi there,

Do you know if the digital cluster can be programmed for a GT350R with all the features like drive modes and redline updated?

Thanks!

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
The stock one will read to 8K, and the difference between 8K and 8250 is minimal. Honestly the redline isn't a deal breaker for me because at 7800+ I'm not looking at the tach. The biggest snag I could see is missing readouts for some of the gauges we have that the GT doesn't. In that respect, the ForScan thread had found a way to mitigate that on the 15-17GT so I'm sure there would be a workaround.
I see what you are saying. I don’t agree though and wouldn’t go there unless the tach can be reset to read out to 9000 rpm. Like our stock gauges I’d want to see some headroom beyond the redline. And if any functionality could not be made to work then I’d pass on this idea.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Post-It makes those arrow shaped adhesive tabs we could stick on the display for where the redline would be.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby gt350
I did this swap on my 15 and went through all the forscan options.

7400 is the highest redline possible.

But all other options would be similar

Active exhaust is there
Drive modes are there
Magneride is there

The biggest loss would be RPM/MPH

Hopefully the GT500 will come with a digital dash we can retrofit to the 350

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah I would wait for the GT500 cluster if you are looking to do a digital swap into a 350. I am expecting it to be digital standard and hopefully with the higher numbers as wanted. Might be waiting a while though.....

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
I am very interested in making this modification at some point.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
No way the gt500 will rev to 8.25 and have a 9k rpm gauge.
That is a certainty. One of the first things I was looking for in the intro video. GT500 tach only reads to 8k. Unless there is a way to alter the graphics we are out of luck.

PAWOLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
I'd be very interested on this as well. I love that digital dash Ford has going on.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Any updates as to whether the GT500 redlineand RPM range can be changed to 9000?
Sponsored