Shifteck or Corsa res delete

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is there any reason there would be a sound difference between the Shifteck and the Lethal Performance x-pipes? Just curious if the material (T304 vs 409) or location/style of the X (if there is any difference) could alter the sound very much. Or would you have to go to something significantly different like the Corsa double X to really get any difference in sound from one resonator delete to another?
Sponsored

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
i ordered the lethal x pipe or the holiday!! Cant wait to get it installed this weekend. i had a lethal h pipe on my last car great products!!

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
I'm wanting to order the Shifteck mid-pipes, but my only concern is losing the vibration dampers. Will that cause issues with my stock headers? I'm hearing the dampers were put there because Ford development cars were cracking headers due to Voodoo vibrations. Is there any truth to that?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My car vibrates no worse with the dampners now removed from the Shifteck mid pipes. Close to 750 miles now with them on with no CEL and no vibration issues. Friend of mine with a C7 Z06 heard the car this Sunday and loved it. Said it sounded like a racecar. Also in Normal mode is pretty darn quiet. I already had a resonator delete done by an exhaust shop prior to the o/r mid pipe install. Can be perceived as a little loud and not for everyone. I may do a Borla ATAK exhaust setup down the road to get rid of some of the raspiness.

Last edited:

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Update. Decided to pe-order the Shifteck h pipe resonator to hopefully cut down on some of the raspiness with the stock x pipe. Will report back after install once received.

Sponsored

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Supposed to get the H pipe today and will not get it installed until after Christmas. Going away this weekend will not have time before I leave. Will report back to you next week Friday or Saturday.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Update. Decided to pe-order the Shifteck h pipe resonator to hopefully cut down on some of the raspiness with the stock x pipe. Will report back after install once received.
I'm very interested to hear this setup. I wasn't aware that shifteck had started producing an H. I would prefer a less raspy option as well. Being that these cars are raspy by nature that is the main reason i haven't pulled the trigger on a res delete yet.

Sponsored

M1AHD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm very interested to hear this setup. I wasn't aware that shifteck had started producing an H. I would prefer a less raspy option as well. Being that these cars are raspy by nature that is the main reason i haven't pulled the trigger on a res delete yet.
Same here.. If anyone with the H would be willing to take a sound clip that would be awesome!

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yeah the raspiness is magnified with the cat delete mid pipes. I do not want to change my exhaust out and this may be what I have to live with in having the cats deleted. I will see.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to know more about the H pipe swap instead of the X?
I'm on the fence about getting the shifteck X because in the past of always loved H pipe sound over X 's .
Just not sure cause of the flat plane - please if anybody has real world experience with shiftecks H in place of the stock resonators please post as I will be pulling the trigger real soon here. Thanks

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Yeah the raspiness is magnified with the cat delete mid pipes. I do not want to change my exhaust out and this may be what I have to live with in having the cats deleted. I will see.
How do you like the sound of the H pipe by shifteck ?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I really like it. I have a feeling with the cat deletes that the valves in the mufflers might eventually give out. Cut down on the raspiness at high rpm driving and a nice burble at idle. Done with the exhaust until and if the mufflers go out.
Sponsored