LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I really like it. I have a feeling with the cat deletes that the valves in the mufflers might eventually give out. Cut down on the raspiness at high rpm driving and a nice burble at idle. Done with the exhaust until and if the mufflers go out.
So you did a cat delete with it as well?
And your another happy H pipe Customer?
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I had the straight pipe muffler shop resonator delete first with the stock X pipe still in place. Then I did the cat delete because I did not want to do headers or have to get the car tuned. After really not liking the raspiness of the resonator delete, stock X pipe and cat delete, my last attempt before possibly looking at a full catback system was to get the h pipe. Raspiness is greatly reduced and it still keeps the 5.2 unique sound which I love after install. Good for now.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I had the straight pipe muffler shop resonator delete first with the stock X pipe still in place. Then I did the cat delete because I did not want to do headers or have to get the car tuned. After really not liking the raspiness of the resonator delete, stock X pipe and cat delete, my last attempt before possibly looking at a full catback system was to get the h pipe. Raspiness is greatly reduced and it still keeps the 5.2 unique sound which I love after install. Good for now.
Oh got ya. Well as long as your happy that's all that matters.
I personally do not like these cars with cat deletes or mid pipes and resonator deletes. Mid pipes with keeping the resonators on sounds pretty good. But taking the resonators off and doing either cat delete/mid pipes is just to harsh and rasp of a sound.
For me the flat plane crank sound is still there somewhat with the H delete pipe (figured it would be) , however it takes away to much of it for me as well. The X for me will be a nice win. I'm thinking and hoping anyways.
I also will be leaving the neck down part and not cutting like some do and its just the perfect sound with no rasp and just amplified flat plane crank love from the already awesome stock sound.
Happy shifting dude !

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Post sound clips of H pipe please. Ideally, H pipe with otherwise stock exhaust.

My goal is only to reduce raspy sound some. H sounds like it might give a deeper sound at power lower RPM

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
There are a few clips out there already. Check the Official Resonator Delete thread

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Did the cat delete for the easy pick-up in horsepower; about 9 rwhp I believe. Easy to swap in and out and bang for the buck.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Post sound clips of H pipe please. Ideally, H pipe with otherwise stock exhaust.

My goal is only to reduce raspy sound some. H sounds like it might give a deeper sound at power lower RPM
Search under user name of: CoryinOrlando
he has some clips of the H pipe.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Did the cat delete for the easy pick-up in horsepower; about 9 rwhp I believe. Easy to swap in and out and bang for the buck.
Will the cat delete void the warranty ? I have just the shifteck H pipe installed but want to possibly add the shifteck midpipes for $250 more to enhance the sound . Thanks’

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My car is not tuned which is the benefit of getting the pipes with the O2 extensions and can be swapped out prior to taking to the dealership for any warranty work.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
My car is not tuned which is the benefit of getting the pipes with the O2 extensions and can be swapped out prior to taking to the dealership for any warranty work.
Oh cool thanks for the heads up !

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Will the cat delete void the warranty ? I have just the shifteck H pipe installed but want to possibly add the shifteck midpipes for $250 more to enhance the sound . Thanks’
I have some documents from Ford that teach techs what to look for in order to avoid paying a warranty claim. There is mention of modified exhausts and cats and how they may affect certain aspects of the engine. They have learned how to defend against the Magnuson-Moss act, at least to some extent. I'd be careful... proceed with caution is all I'm saying. Please don't shoot the messenger.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
I have some documents from Ford that teach techs what to look for in order to avoid paying a warranty claim. There is mention of modified exhausts and cats and how they may affect certain aspects of the engine. They have learned how to defend against the Magnuson-Moss act, at least to some extent. I'd be careful... proceed with caution is all I'm saying. Please don't shoot the messenger.
I called my local ford dealership here in New Mexico (near El Paso) abd the service advisor told me any aftermarket mods like resonator delete will affect the warranty if I go in with an exhaust issue. What are examples of exhaust issues? Couldn’t I just put the oem resonator pipe back on ?

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase

You must have a different kind of GT350 then me. Mine has zero rasp, nothing to reduce down.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Don't do it man. As it is your not to sure on your H from talking to you. The mid pipes with any resonator delete sound like poop. They only sound decent with resonator in place. 9 claimed horsepower , definitely not worth it. You'll never notice a bit of difference , not ever. Lol

Last edited:

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Don't do it man. As it is your not to sure on your H from talking to you. The mid pipes with any resonator delete sound like poop. They only sound good with resonator in place. 9 claimed horsepower , definitely not worth it. You'll never notice a bit of difference , not ever. Lol
Good thinking !
Sponsored