AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
THIS is what "no rasp" sounds like:

This is a 2.5" headers system with X pipe behind a 469 stroker motor.
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
THIS is what "no rasp" sounds like:

This is a 2.5" headers system with X pipe behind a 469 stroker motor.
Think you bought the wrong car.
This is a flat plane crank not meant to sound like a classic old car.

On a side note I rather the sound of my stock 350 to what you posted.
Sounds like every other classic/modern muscle car out there. Rear video actually sounded like tin cans farting.....
"Heard one heard them all"

I hear no rasp in my 350...

Think this is what your looking for - lol

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
:punch: umm, no, I didn't buy the wrong car, but thank you.

The H pipe even advertises as more of a "classic," deeper sound.

Possibly the best sound I heard to date was ARH headers and full exhaust. You hear the pure FPC engine note. But it's not worth the money it takes to get there imo, plus I did really like the stock sound too.

So for now, that's where I'll stay most likely. Just nice to explore options and hear what others have done (without insulting another man's car).

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
:punch: umm, no, I didn't buy the wrong car, but thank you.

The H pipe even advertises as more of a "classic," deeper sound.

Possibly the best sound I heard to date was ARH headers and full exhaust. You hear the pure FPC engine note. But it's not worth the money it takes to get there imo, plus I did really like the stock sound too.

So for now, that's where I'll stay most likely. Just nice to explore options and hear what others have done (without insulting another man's car).
Whatever you say man. However if you think the stock system is raspy, then you have no idea what rasp is.

On another note, didn't realize that was your car earlier. So sorry for being blunt but nevertheless wasn't a fan of the sound. Nice car however for sure!

Last edited:

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I said that I do like the stock sound and am probably going to stay with it.

Every owner on this thread is considering or already made a change to their exhaust. That doesn't mean they all bought the wrong car either. After all, cars are often about individuality and a reflection of their owner's interests and tastes.

Yes, that's my '64 in the videos (thanks for the compliment). Old school muscle for sure. And yes, I'm really enjoying modern muscle as well.

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I said that I do like the stock sound and am probably going to stay with it.

Every owner on this thread is considering or already made a change to their exhaust. That doesn't mean they all bought the wrong car either. After all, cars are often about individuality and a reflection of their owner's interests and tastes.

Yes, that's my '64 in the videos (thanks for the compliment). Old school muscle for sure. And yes, I'm really enjoying modern muscle as well.
I know .... here's mine , however just trying to amplify the already awesome sound. Here is my weapon.
20190222_145746.jpg

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I was surprised to read that now all X pipe theory is the same. Ford with with an X that forces the air to cross and actually collide whereas many others just sort of merge at the intersection but are not really forced to cross. Builders say there could be a difference in both sound and performance between the two. H pipes were the first type of system that allowed for balancing between left and right banks and showed an improvement on the bottom end. X pipes came later and showed increases in HP up top, and I guess, a difference in sound.

I love the sound of the GT350. Just trying to decide if I like it best the way it is, or if it's worth changing it. I do not need it louder for my taste, so this is just about fine tuning (and if any change is both needed and worth the money).

@sagonzal2000 , thanks for the sound clips. Cool stuff.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I was surprised to read that now all X pipe theory is the same. Ford with with an X that forces the air to cross and actually collide whereas many others just sort of merge at the intersection but are not really forced to cross. Builders say there could be a difference in both sound and performance between the two. H pipes were the first type of system that allowed for balancing between left and right banks and showed an improvement on the bottom end. X pipes came later and showed increases in HP up top, and I guess, a difference in sound.

I love the sound of the GT350. Just trying to decide if I like it best the way it is, or if it's worth changing it. I do not need it louder for my taste, so this is just about fine tuning (and if any change is both needed and worth the money).

@sagonzal2000 , thanks for the sound clips. Cool stuff.
Well if you like the stock sound already then I would definitely not recommend the H pipe as that clearly takes away from that and completely changes the tone. If your happy with the stock sound I wouldn't do the X delete either because that will give you the stock sound only louder. Also rasp (as your definition ) will be more pronounced.
Honestly the stock sport mode sound on this car is fantastic and were all always eager to change the exhaust. I bought the shifteck X but my car sleeps for the winter. When I finally get back in there I might be so in love with the stock sound that I might not touch it.
If you look at you tube videos online, comparison videos of stock versus the change they made. I almost hate to admit it but the stock always sounds better ---lol.
I'm sure a lot of people agree with this too and just don't want to except it as they need to change there exhaust so desperately.

Earlier you said the best sounding exhaust you heard on this car was the headers and cat back from ARH. I agree with you on that, however the level of better is very minimal and definitely not worth the 3k price tag to burn.
Unless of course you got it to burn, then why not .
The down side to that is you loose function of your normal mode and it's always loud - not that - that's a bad thing but when the wife's in the car she likes normal too.

Last edited:

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Agreed. In this vid, I like stock Sport mode best:

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. In this vid, I like stock Sport mode best:
I agree somewhat. I really do like the stock sound however with resonator delete I can't help but think its how the flat plane should sound and like the R it should of just came like this from the factory.
However like you I'm older now and just not into an overly loud exhaust anymore like I was when younger.
Very indecisive I am on what to do.

Keep in mind this video is a resonator delete and not a swap with the shifteck X, the shifteck will sound better and flow better and have less rasp up top.

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I agree somewhat. I really do like the stock sound however with resonator delete I can't help but think its how the flat plane should sound and like the R it should of just came like this from the factory.
However like you I'm older now and just not into an overly loud exhaust anymore like I was when younger.
Very indecisive I am on what to do.

Keep in mind this video is a resonator delete and not a swap with the shifteck X, the shifteck will sound better and flow better and have less rasp up top.
Yes, I guess that's the difference between X pipes that cross vs X pipes that sort of merge but don't force air to cross at 90* angles.

Too close to be worth the time and money. But fun to bench-race about - or keyboard-race I guess is more accurate these days.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I guess that's the difference between X pipes that cross vs X pipes that sort of merge but don't force air to cross at 90* angles.

Too close to be worth the time and money. But fun to bench-race about - or keyboard-race I guess is more accurate these days.
As much as I love the stock sound, now that I have the shifteck X I'm going to have to at least try it. Especially that it doesn't change normal mode at all. I drive my car in sport 90 percent of the time but for when I do have it in normal I like that it's quiet.
If I Don't like the shifteck its an easy swap back and then ill just leave it alone.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
As much as I love the stock sound, now that I have the shifteck X I'm going to have to at least try it. Especially that it doesn't change normal mode at all. I drive my car in sport 90 percent of the time but for when I do have it in normal I like that it's quiet.
If I Don't like the shifteck its an easy swap back and then ill just leave it alone.
It is not an easy swap back from the Shifteck pipe to the stock resonator. Once you cut the factory system in the rear, the factory weld joint and change in diameters make using a clamp not a good option. Unless you want to weld the system back together you will need to modify the pipes.
Sponsored