Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
have frequented nearly every car enthusiast forum, and never have seen a similar thread to this. Never.
Are you serious dude? I've never been a member of a forum for something I owned that didn't have a topic like this! Every vehicle I've ever owned has been a ticking time bomb...in theory of course. This thread is far from new. Every vehicle with its own cult following has a flavor. You need to go hang out on focusst.org, focusrs.org, f150online.com, ducati.ms...

Every one of these is a giant POS just like this thing:facepalm:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
sdfss
And?

Never happened to any other car of mine. From Nissan, to Subaru, to Mitsubishi to Chevrolet. Red line after cold starts, 50 minutes sessions on Big Willow. You name it. Never before. I obsess about cars and have frequented nearly every car enthusiast forum, and never have seen a similar thread to this. Never. I used to rip canyons for hours in the WRX and Evo, 10s of thousands of hard miles. Abusive as shit.
And it appears you probably shouldn't have nice things. Purposefully abusive, yet has perfect expectations. Sorry, all I can think of is a Neanderthal when I read that.

Congrats I guess that you abused some other types of engines with entirely different characteristics, designs, tolerances, etc. and got lucky. Would you treat a Ferrari in the same manner? How about an actual race car? You're angry regarding your personal experience, which I do not blame you for, but now you are throwing absolutely ridiculous comparisons and shitting on a topic that you clearly are NOT educated on, nor have the capacity to do the statistical analysis required to even come to any real conclusion. What we DO know is that the majority of engines did not NEED to be replaced, but could have been repaired. These are NOT BLOWN engines. What we also know based on statistical bias, is that the number of users reporting issues will always far outnumber those who look to merely report that everything is normal and running well.

Stop spewing false information and paranoia based on your personal situation which has clearly biased you beyond logic and reasoning.

2017. 800 miles (engine exploded at 2300). Cannister....WTF?
MY2017 after I believe October or November were built with a new filter type... a typical canister filter same as you find on the F-150. More dummy proof than the canister style lol

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Are you serious dude? I've never been a member of a forum for something I owned that didn't have a topic like this! Every vehicle I've ever owned has been a ticking time bomb...in theory of course. This thread is far from new. Every vehicle with its own cult following has a flavor. You need to go hang out on focusst.org, focusrs.org, f150online.com, ducati.ms...

Every one of these is a giant POS just like this thing:facepalm:
Yes. I am dead serious. And when I had far more free time, I spent far too much time on forums learning everything I could.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
sdfss

And it appears you probably shouldn't have nice things. Purposefully abusive, yet has perfect expectations. Sorry, all I can think of is a Neanderthal when I read that.
Naturally. That is your imagination at work trying to diminish my point.

I am a driver. I drive hard. I matured over the years and always properly care for my cars. Again, never had a blown engine, no matter the level of abuse.

Any management not demanding heads over this is a fool.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Naturally. That is your imagination at work trying to diminish my point.

I am a driver. I drive hard. I matured over the years and always properly care for my cars. Again, never had a blown engine, no matter the level of abuse.

Any management not demanding heads over this is a fool.
Not diminishing your point at all, merely pointing out how foolish it sounds. Do you think you are the only one who drives their cars hard? Abuse and driving hard are too entirely different things. You expect to be able to abuse your car, and yet still remain 98% reliable. Treat your car right, and you minimize the potential for failure...

And again, tell me how many other engines of this magnitude have your subarus and chev's or other vehicles had? None of those engines have the same tolerances or requirements that this one has. If someone wants the largest FPC V8 in history, but yet wants to treat it like a Subaru and expect the same outcome, THAT person is a fool. Hell, unless you got a Z06, any motors you've referenced so far don't even have forged internals, so their completely different in terms of how finicky they are or what they need before beating on them.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Not diminishing your point at all, merely pointing out how foolish it sounds.
Totally believe you.

And again, tell me how many other engines of this magnitude have your subarus and chev's or other vehicles had? None of those engines have the same tolerances or requirements that this one has.
I agree. You ought to call up the UAW bosses and demand retraining for their incompetent monkeys. Definitely need education in tolerances and torque specs.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Totally believe you.

I agree. You ought to call up the UAW bosses and demand retraining for their incompetent monkeys. Definitely need education in tolerances and torque specs.
Totally, and in your case, perhaps restrict which monkeys they allow the vehicle to be sold to. Herp derp.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Just came across this on Instagram.....

BAF5F6D4-433C-4A4D-AC67-33A0A004977B.jpeg
58A3F73D-596E-45A5-A127-7BDF22A3FF0D.jpeg
BF4DBE01-92DD-4D80-999C-DCC100E99F51.jpeg
Good find, and good to see that someone has at least torn down one failure, that is actually a complete failure. Too bad about his warranty though... what did he expect to happen when getting an aftermarket shop to crack open his engine?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Good find, and good to see that someone has at least torn down one failure, that is actually a complete failure. Too bad about his warranty though... what did he expect to happen when getting an aftermarket shop to crack open his engine?
They revoked his warranty before the aftermarket shop touched the car. They said it was because of his tune and that he "raced" it even though it was only track days and no competitive racing. Once the warranty was fucked, then he went and took it to a shop to tear the engine apart. I think this should have been fully covered by Ford but it is what it is now.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I wouldn't give up if I was him. Seeing that as the cause would just fuel the fire with me. Ford has to prove that the tune actually caused that o-ring to fail to void that warranty, and that ain't gonna happen.....

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It's still miniscule. Scowering through the forums and FB, there's no way you can even come up with (pick a number) 100 engine replacements. I can't. With ~20,000 cars on the road, I'd say yea, numbers are still minuscule. Or at least in my opinion. I just picked the number 100 out of thin air as I don't know what else to reach for since I can't even get that high; what is your (and others) definition of "a lot", outrageous, or alarming rate, etc? That has yet to be defined, even if just opinion. That might help us meet on common ground if we knew what you guys defined as a lot, or what would define an epidemic. I may have to eat some crow on this one, and if I do, I'll chew and swallow proudly, but I'd be willing to bet Ford (from a purely business standpoint) does not consider low singe digit %% failures as an epidemic.
This!!!! ^^^
Low single digit, say 1% of 20k= 200 engine
They revoked his warranty before the aftermarket shop touched the car. They said it was because of his tune and that he "raced" it even though it was only track days and no competitive racing. Once the warranty was fucked, then he went and took it to a shop to tear the engine apart. I think this should have been fully covered by Ford but it is what it is now.
Yup! J got screwed by the dealer. Ford denies claims with input from dealer. Dealer says, cars been raced had tune and wala! Warranty nixed.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
You're selling the Shelby with its FPC V8 that's unlike anything else on the planet and keeping the flat 4-cyl turbo.. Yikessss :O

I'm a Porsche fanboy at heart, but that's one I decision I couldn't cope with. Maybe for a 991.1 911 GTS or a .2 GT3, or even a GT4/Spyder I would drop the the R for, nothing else in their lineup though.
Yep, love the Porsche. It's my daily driver. I won't trivialize the Shelby's shortcomings compared to the 718GTS. I will say that my new 812 Superfast will be a worthy replacement for the GT350 though.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I hate to say it, but if you put a tune on the engine, goodbye warranty.