Sport mode

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
what about those of you that have tunes by Lund or Steeda?
Sponsored

XPystchrisX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Steeda tune on my GT has just turned everything up a bit. Sport, Track, work just the same. It's just better.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sport mode is shit because it is non-linear throttle mapping and feels like shit and drives like shit.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Normal mode for me during regular. Keeps sport mode feeling sporty.

Track mode when on the track. Having the ABS and TC fully engaged is ideal for regular street driving.
I think you have some misconceptions here...
ABS is on _always_. Did you ever brake hard enough to engage it ? It's fairly subtle with good grip but noticeable. Driving modes have nothing to do with ABS. Track mode disengages TC but in the actual driving it's hardly relevant - with some basic skill.

On track Advancetrac goes off in my car (stability control - which is still on to some extent in Track Mode).

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I think you have some misconceptions here...
ABS is on _always_. Did you ever brake hard enough to engage it ? It's fairly subtle with good grip but noticeable. Driving modes have nothing to do with ABS. Track mode disengages TC but in the actual driving it's hardly relevant - with some basic skill.

On track Advancetrac goes off in my car (stability control - which is still on to some extent in Track Mode).
My comment was in response to the guy who said track mode every day for normal street driving.

That's absurd to me. I doubt the guy is a professional-level driver and with the limitless number of unknown variables during regular street driving, its safer to have all of the traction aids present.

We are like to think we are expert drivers, but... :cheers:

Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I get better MPG in sport vs normal...

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
My comment was in response to the guy who said track mode every day for normal street driving.

That's absurd to me. I doubt the guy is a professional-level driver and with the limitless number of unknown variables during regular street driving, its safer to have all of the traction aids present.

Some of us have driven cars before 2017 that don't have 73 layers of computer control I guess and don't rely on electronic nannies to do the job our brains should be doing.

Lane departure, blind spot monitoring, automatic parallel parking, radar guided cruise control, automatic braking, all of this serves to make people more confident while being distracted and expecting technology to fill the empty space between their ears.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

I was one of them. I have track mode every day for normal street driving, it's first thing I do after starting the engine. I don't know what an expert driver is, I wouldn't consider myself one but I have decent grasp of where this car's limits are having spun quite a few times (not on street obviously). Been driving three years in rain / snow / whatever and didn't even come close to loosing control. Enough to convince you that I not a threat to everyone around me ?

And second to comment above - my first three cars had absolutely zero nannies, first two did not even have an ABS.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Is the sport mode on a base gt the same as the one for the premium? I have to hit the mode button twice and it goes in sport mode.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Is the sport mode on a base gt the same as the one for the premium? I have to hit the mode button twice and it goes in sport mode.
No. It only affects stability control in Base from what I remember. In Premium it has different throttle map as well.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I used to drive in track mode all the time but for the last year it’s been a double click into sport mode every time I start her up. I think it feels faster than track mode, and if you hold the TC lever up and turn of all the nannies in sport mode that’s the most fun way to drive this car imo. This is with Steeda tune

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
its safer to have all of the traction aids present.

Ha hardly. If you rely on Advancetrac/traction control stick to a prius.
:cheers:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I drive in Sport mode as soon as the car is warmed up. My car feels like a pig in Normal mode, extreme difference.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
With my auto 15 I didn’t use sport mode much because I hated the fake sounding rev matching downshifts that make you sound like a douche. With my new manual 18, I absolutely love sport mode and will be driving in it ALL THE TIME.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Ha hardly. If you rely on Advancetrac/traction control stick to a prius.
:cheers:
Rely on them? No. Do I think they are useful and make the roadways safer for everyone while we all commute to work? Yes. :cheers:
Sponsored