CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
what did you have done?
Headers, tune and NNP in a box with bi mode exhaust. Cam and other stuff coming. Tires are the next mod as the run flats just won't grip. Hit it from a roll and hang on as you are going sideways.
Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I might have gone c7 this go around if it wasn't so fugly :lol:
Prices are too high. Saved a ton buying a 2013 C6 with low miles. You can buy 3 GT's for price of a C7.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Does not easily fry the tires? People who feel this way are delusional or just don't know what they are doing.

If I disable traction control I can ROAST the rear 275 Pirellis all day long by simply mashing the accelerator from a dead stop without power braking to raise the RPMs. That is one main difference which is throwing people off; Older model Mustangs (2000 and prior, I think) did not have traction control so the intervention of the traction control system cutting throttle inputs to maintain traction is throwing people off.

Secondly, power is not the issue here, weight is. I remember reading a Car and Driver article testing an 01 or 02 Z06 which made 405 hp and accelerated to 60 in 3.9 - 4.0 flat. That's 30 hp less than the GT but a good half a second quicker to 60. What gives? You guessed it: Weight. That Z06 weighed what? 3150 lb's?

Weight is the enemy of our cars and I've known that long before I even test drove it. Weight hurts everything. Vehicle dynamics, acceleration, braking, cornering, longevity and durability of parts. You name it.

I have been actively pursuing shedding pounds since my car was delivered (hence my user name ;) ) but it is pretty difficult with this car. If this car was a good 350 - 450 pounds lighter, this thread wouldn't even be in existence.

Simply put, this car would be a BEAST.
Maybe that's why they shaved car's nose in 2018. Hopefully the weight will be reduced the correspondingly.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe that's why they shaved car's nose in 2018. Hopefully the weight will be reduced the correspondingly.
Honestly, I doubt it. With the new 10 speed transmission and magna ride shocks, I believe it will actually gain weight. The smaller front end surface area is only cosmetic in nature and will only aid in aero efficiency, if anything.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Honestly, I doubt it. With the new 10 speed transmission and magna ride shocks, I believe it will actually gain weight. The smaller front end surface area is only cosmetic in nature and will only aid in aero efficiency, if anything.
*edit
Its a huge improvement in hood lift and hopefully airflow.
I rolled my front bumper support down 10mm and then another 10 to avoid crazy hood lift above 100. Not the only one with issues lol.
Hood vent relocation same deal. We are pulling coping cause 15-17 vents dont flow w more pressure top than under hood.
Cosmetically, these are "fixes" not really integrated into the design language thus all the complaints. The changes serve very real functional purpose for those tracking

Last edited:

Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not cosmetic. 100% correcting a known issue.
Its a huge improvement in hood lift.
I rolled my front bumper support down 10mm and then another 10 to avoid crazy hood lift above 100. Not the only one with issues lol.
Hood vent relocation same deal. We are pulling coping cause 15-17 vents dont flow w more pressure top than under hood.
Cosmetically, these are "fixes" not really integrated into the design language thus all the complaints. The changes serve very real functional purpose for those tracking
All the things you mentioned relate to aerodynamics, which I already stated. ;) :doh: You just repeated what I said in detailed terms. :clap2:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I've always felt the added weight complimented the suspension and road handling. Car feels damn heavy but man is it planted with those pirellis. Was heading home from work one day last year and had a new SS Camaro come up on my rear all a sudden(straight away of course). Anyways I didnt try to pull away but knew some twisties were approaching and decided to enter the curves at an accelerated rate. This was a first for me to do this but felt the car would shine and sure nuff the distance between us was nicely expanded. Was the driver afraid to hang with me or had he tried I cant say but it was satisfying. Now I'm talkin warm weather of course before I get flogged on the tires. I like the stock pp suspension but a bit bouncy.. but now the stock wheel hop is ridiculous lol..

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I was sarcastic

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've always felt the added weight complimented the suspension and road handling. Car feels damn heavy but man is it planted with those pirellis. Was heading home from work one day last year and had a new SS Camaro come up on my rear all a sudden(straight away of course). Anyways I didnt try to pull away but knew some twisties were approaching and decided to enter the curves at an accelerated rate. This was a first for me to do this but felt the car would shine and sure nuff the distance between us was nicely expanded. Was the driver afraid to hang with me or had he tried I cant say but it was satisfying. Now I'm talkin warm weather of course before I get flogged on the tires. I like the stock pp suspension but a bit bouncy.. but now the stock wheel hop is ridiculous lol..
I can understand your viewpoint but only from a singular handling dimension. With this car, if you are very deliberate with your steering inputs, you can generate a respectable amount of cornering grip and, thus, speed.

What this car does not do well, especially in base form, is a rapid succession of directional changes and that, almost in its entirety, stems from the car's excessive weight.

Sponsored

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Yeah ok. Let it rev out in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and tell me you don't have the biggest damn grin on your face marveling at how it doesn't let-up noticeably.
do you mean let it redline in 2nd, 3rd and 4th before you shift?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can understand your viewpoint but only from a singular handling dimension. With this car, if you are very deliberate with your steering inputs, you can generate a respectable amount of cornering grip and, thus, speed.

What this car does not do well, especially in base form, is a rapid succession of directional changes and that, almost in its entirety, stems from the car's excessive weight.
Well I can see that argument somewhat but you cant let that keep you from pushing the car. It was meant to be beat on...
[ame]

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dont have to redline it to find "warp drive".. get a good octane in her and tach it up there real good in those middle gears. It will surprise you for sure!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As [MENTION=16086]hiccup[/MENTION] said, no you don't have to take it all the way to redline, but if you rev it out to at least ~6500 in each of those gears it'll feel like a rocketship, especially coming from something quite a bit slower. Take note of the speedometer, and rate of change (or lack of) of the speedometer when doing so...

OP
OP
merc123

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
I bit the bullet and got the '16 PP GT. Sport mode is insane! I got what I was looking for out of the power and am satisfied. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored