Sponsored

Buying tomorrow, looking for tips.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You gave some potentially very bad advice. For you it may have worked out because of your financial situation. You have no idea if the OP is in the same or similar situation as you. Based only on what he is buying and the term he is looking for, it points to not very good. Just a guess, but I would rather guess this way than role the dice like you are suggesting. The simple rule of thumb is that if you don't have the cash on hand to buy the item you want, you really can't afford it. Period. A house is somewhat of an exception, but if you take out a mortgage for more than 20 years to lower the payment, you can't really afford the house. The speculation most people have is that their position will improve over time. In some cases that is absolutely true, but too often it is not the case. The current debt by households is about 13 trillion dollars. That means way too many people are buying things they can't afford. So cash may not be king to use all the time, but you still need to have it. Not sure I have seen a loan for 72 months on a 5 year old car with 80k getting close to 0%.

OP, you would do better by getting some other car, like a Honda Accord or Camry for less money and more reliable. When you financial situation improves and you can afford a better newer GT, then get it. May take a few more years, but you will thank yourself everyday for not doing it now, at least the way you seem to be set to do. Probably not what you want to hear, but the best advice I can give you. In any event, good luck.
I disagree. But again, everyone is going to have a different opinion on this. Only the OP can decide what is best for him.

Sure, you could buy a cheaper car and get a Mustang later. Just remember:

1. The world could come to an end during that time
2. You could be hit by a bus
3. Finances may change
4. Lifestyle changes may happen
5. You could die five minutes from now

You can plan for what MAY come, or you can live in the present. I've always done that, and it has never let me down.

OP, if it makes you happy and you can afford the payment, so be it. Most of these guys talking about "36 month loan or cash in full" have 30 year mortgages and bad credit.

If you need serious advice, I suggest you speak to a financial adviser about your situation. Definitely don't take ANYTHING ANYONE, including me, says on the internet as great advice for your situation. These are opinions only.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I didn’t see it noted unless I missed it and original hyperlink to car is gone - but what was the asking/selling price of the vehicle in question?

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I didn’t see it noted unless I missed it and original hyperlink to car is gone - but what was the asking/selling price of the vehicle in question?
$17 something I want to say 17900. I did a 150 mile sweep in his area and this car looked to be about the best "deal" in his area taking into account the $ he was wanting to spend.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Talking about bad advice. The guy wants a mustang and you’re telling him to go buy a Honda or Camry I mean WTF.... If it makes the guy happy who cares.
How would not being able to potentially pay your bills because of a car you purchased make you happy? He might be happy up until he pays a few payments and can't go anywhere with it after it breaks down. I think buying a cheap car that will be fairly trouble free until he can afford a more expensive fun car is pretty good advice.

Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
How would not being able to potentially pay your bills because of a car you purchased make you happy? He might be happy up until he pays a few payments and can't go anywhere with it after it breaks down. I think buying a cheap car that will be fairly trouble free until he can afford a more expensive fun car is pretty good advice.
The guy isn't asking for advice on life choices dude he just want's some tips about the car he's potentially buying and then theirs always that one guy who turns into some life coach guidance counselor on here and derails the thread.....

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The guy isn't asking for advice on life choices dude he just want's some tips about the car he's potentially buying and then theirs always that one guy who turns into some life coach guidance counselor on here and derails the thread.....
So you don't think my points are important? I guess you don't have kids. Also, advice is just that, suggestions based on someones opinions. You can use em, leave em whatever. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
You guys crack me up:cwl:

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
So you don't think my points are important? I guess you don't have kids. Also, advice is just that, suggestions based on someones opinions. You can use em, leave em whatever. No need to get your panties in a twist.
I put some new panties on so we're good. Dapper hasn't been back since he posted this so I'm assuming the car was complete shit anyways :flag:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If someone had mentioned that a 46 000$ car will have a 10 000$ in upkeep for 6 months of use I would have probably decided not to buy it. But somehow nobody mention that the insurance on a GT is insane. Not to mention the gas millage is disappointing sure in the states is not a big issue with the cheap gas but here a gallon is 4.67$ of regular and 5.73$ for premium gas. So this add up quickly. Also a GT or any sports car for that mater is not exactly a daily grocery store go getter and if something happen to the car like you need new tires or shit you are behind way more than 600$ for tires that the OP is trying to save on his GTI. So overall if 100$ a month in car payment is an issue imagine how much of an issue the 150$ in insurance will be. Or the new rims etc.