10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

hasimp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 - Oxford White w/ Blue Stripes
I've had this thread saved for awhile and whenever I get around to upgrading the stock screen this is definitely the one I am most interested in. That being said, after reading through the thread I have a few questions.

1. Did anyone ever get the bluetooth issues with iPhone figured out? I have an iPhone and if it would not work well with the unit I would be pretty concerned.

2. Also concerning iPhone, it says on their website that phone mirroring is available on this unit. Has anyone used this, and if so, is there a video demonstrating this feature?

3. Lastly, has the reverse camera issue been fixed as well?

Also, thanks for all the work you guys have done on the unit and for putting it together in this thread.
Sponsored

Em1turbo

Emin's 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0
1. Bluetooth works well with every phone. I sometimes like once a week have the Bluetooth get disconnected but that stopped happening when I deleted the 3rd party apps I downloaded.
2. The mirroring app it has doesn't work, but I use another app from the Google store and it works just fine.
3. Reverse camera works flawlessly, always has. People just don't know how to connect it that's all.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
Is there a major difference between this unit and the one on eBay for $399? They sure look similar, and have the same features listed. I'm a little more interested in this than the Tesla Style. It has a few more output features, and I like the horizontal layout better than vertical personally.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Is there a major difference between this unit and the one on eBay for $399? They sure look similar, and have the same features listed. I'm a little more interested in this than the Tesla Style. It has a few more output features, and I like the horizontal layout better than vertical personally.
Link to ebay please

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Does this unit have 1GB Ram and 16GB of storage or is that a misprint?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ill install this this week and post my thoughts. I got from a ebay vendor how ever.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] did you get the one [MENTION=22045]poorfortune[/MENTION] posted? It looked like that one only fits premium cars? If not, please post a link...I was going to get the Seicane but if I can get the same thing cheaper than that's a bonus.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yes I did, I think it doesn't fit premium cars. I sent them a picture of my radio and dash and they said it would work I have not tried it yet.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing if it is identical to the Secaine unit I installed in February. I'm curious to know if they provide better instructions.

I've been enjoying it every time I drive, which is almost daily. It is still working great with no issues except for the zoomed in back up camera. I actually kind of like it or maybe I'm just used to it. Again, I can get it to unzoom if I unlock the shifter lever and move it slightly forward while backing. I haven't had time to try something else like connecting the signal wire on the Secaine unit to a back up light circuit.

I'm always streaming SiriusXM internet radio using my Samsung J3 android phone as a wi-fi hotspot. I still think Google Drive navigation is the best navigation app I've seen. It is nice to be able to look up anything on the internet with the 10.2-inch screen. I could never find the screen mirroring app to mirror my cell phone on it but I really don't need it. I just set up web pages and other apps on the Secaine unit so the only thing I use on my phone is the wi-fi hot spot.

I just wish I could put a 10.2-inch screen android unit in my 2007 F150. I'm really spoiled by the large screen. It looks so good in the car and it is doing everything I need it to do. With the stock speakers and the built in equalizer set to Rock it sounds pretty darn good. I hope it lasts forever.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did, I think it doesn't fit premium cars. I sent them a picture of my radio and dash and they said it would work I have not tried it yet.
That's good news since I have a base model...their pic looks like it is for a premium bezel, but scrolling way down, like you said, it says send them a pic of your radio area to see if it fits...
How quickly did they respond to your inquiries?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing if it is identical to the Secaine unit I installed in February. I'm curious to know if they provide better instructions.

I've been enjoying it every time I drive, which is almost daily. It is still working great with no issues except for the zoomed in back up camera. I actually kind of like it or maybe I'm just used to it. Again, I can get it to unzoom if I unlock the shifter lever and move it slightly forward while backing. I haven't had time to try something else like connecting the signal wire on the Secaine unit to a back up light circuit.

I'm always streaming SiriusXM internet radio using my Samsung J3 android phone as a wi-fi hotspot. I still think Google Drive navigation is the best navigation app I've seen. It is nice to be able to look up anything on the internet with the 10.2-inch screen. I could never find the screen mirroring app to mirror my cell phone on it but I really don't need it. I just set up web pages and other apps on the Secaine unit so the only thing I use on my phone is the wi-fi hot spot.

I just wish I could put a 10.2-inch screen android unit in my 2007 F150. I'm really spoiled by the large screen. It looks so good in the car and it is doing everything I need it to do. With the stock speakers and the built in equalizer set to Rock it sounds pretty darn good. I hope it lasts forever.
I got no instruction at all. When I asked they said take it to an installer

That's good news since I have a base model...their pic looks like it is for a premium bezel, but scrolling way down, like you said, it says send them a pic of your radio area to see if it fits...
How quickly did they respond to your inquiries?
They were responsive I got the unit in maybe 4 days.
Sponsored