Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for the long a detailed response and for now only one question.....Where did you see the outside temp display? Mine doesn't show up on the main screen.
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Nice write up!

I also found that flaw in the frame and fender that you're talking about. One of the battery cover screws of mine fell down in there. I unclipped the fender well guard, pulled it back and was able to get my hand in there. Now I know to be more careful of that spot, lol.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Thanks for the long a detailed response and for now only one question.....Where did you see the outside temp display? Mine doesn't show up on the main screen.
I'm glad you liked my response. I'm happy to pass along my experience with this unit.

When turning on or making adjustments with the factory HVAC controls a window pops up on the screen.....Wait! I'll take some pictures!

The first picture is the overall view of the panel illuminated by an LED shop light hanging from the visor arms. The plastic protective screen cover is still on. It is staying on and the trim panels are staying off until I'm sure I'm done with the installation. The passenger door is open and that automatic pop up stays on for several minutes at least.

In the second picture you can see the "Ext 14oC" on the HVAC window that pops up every time the factory controls are adjusted. I'm assuming this means exterior temperature. I just turned on the heat in the garage and it is a little warmer than the 57 degrees F that the car is showing.

The screen shows with arrows and window icon what the controls are displaying. The defrost, vent and foot areas are on with the fan speed around medium. This pop up screen stays up for around 5 seconds after each adjustment.
IMG_2940a.jpg
IMG_2947a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
No shit I never noticed that. My car hasn't come out of the garage yet, so I didn't play with the HAVC much. Now if we could get it to display in F.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
AAAARGH I really want this unit now lol! it looks much better than the tesla screen too! Hot damn... But I have to hold myself for a little because I've spent thousands of dollars on this damn car within 7 months lol

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Do these screen dim when you press the +/- buttons next to the headlight knob? Also, when the headlight switch is set to auto, does the unit auto dim when it gets dark?

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Do these screen dim when you press the +/- buttons next to the headlight knob? Also, when the headlight switch is set to auto, does the unit auto dim when it gets dark?
The Seicane screen does not dim when the +\- buttons on the headlight switch are pressed. They only control the instrument panel. It does not dim when the headlight switch is set to AUTO either. I believe that will automatically turn on the headlights when it is dark outside.

I found two ways to dim the display. The first way I found was to touch the Settings icon on the main screen to go to the Settings screen. On the Settings screen, touch Display to open the Display screen. On the Display screen touch Brightness Level and a bar with a slider button will appear. You can adjust the brightness with that.

Touch the Brightness Mode and a screen comes up that allows you to set Auto, Light and Dark. In Auto mode, when you turn on the parking or headlights the screen will automatically dim. It only seems to dim so much based on the what the Brightness is set to. It seems like the higher the brightness is set, the dimming is not as low as if the Brightness was set lower. The lower the Brightness, the lower the dimming goes. Below half bright it really gets dark. I was happy to see this dimming function.

If a person doesn't want Auto dimming, changing the Brightness mode to Light or Dark makes it stay that way regardless if the headlights are on or off.

There is a function called Easy Touch. I thought it came up automatically but since I've been turning the car off and on I have to start it. To start it, touch the middle square button with four colors in row of buttons at the bottom of the screen to go to the Apps. A screen opens up with a bunch of icon buttons on it. Easy Touch is at the lower left corner. Opening that up and selecting ShowAssistTouch by touching a square box to put a green check mark in it turns it on. Now a dim round button shows up in the upper left corner of the main screen. It can be moved anywhere. Touching that will bring up a square black pop up window. Touching the icon that looks like the sun shining at the top of that screen will dim the screen. Touch it again and the screen turns off. Touch somewhere away from where that button was turns the screen back on at full brightness. Buttons at the bottom of that pop control the speaker volume. The center button goes to the home page which is already on display. The button on the upper left opens up a pop at the bottom right corner of the screen to select Wallpaper, Manage Apps and System Settings. The screen dimmer/off button is the only one I would use on this pop up.

Below are pictures of the different screens as they appear in my description. The last one shows what you see when you wipe the first screen of apps to the left. There is one more app screen that has WPS Office and You Tube on it.
IMG_2958a.jpg
IMG_2957a.jpg
IMG_2951a.jpg
IMG_2952a.jpg
IMG_2959a.jpg
IMG_2975a.jpg
IMG_2962a.jpg
IMG_2973a.jpg
IMG_2960a.jpg

Last edited:

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I tried to play You Tube using my home wi-fi but the signal is not strong enough for video in the garage. I then set up my Samsung J3 phone to be a wi-fi hot spot. I was able to play the 2017 IMSA BMW Endurance Challenge race at Daytona in 720p60HD. The picture quality is excellent. There is a loss of quality when photographed. The screen shot below shows the Mustangs leading the pack to the green flag at the start of the race. I never thought I'd be watching Mustangs racing at Daytona on You Tube while sitting inside my Mustang! This means I will have wi-fi anywhere I have Verizon phone reception. :thumbsup:
IMG_2950a.jpg

Last edited:

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Update on the USB ports: I thought the one in the center console storage still worked because I was able to charge my phone with it. I plugged in a USB drive with music on it and the player doesn't see it. There is power there to light the drive and charge the phone which is good. I thought the files would get to the player through the factory Sync unit. I didn't plug the front USB into the panel because I will be taking it out again and that plug is hard to remove. I'm assuming that doesn't work either. Still, two USB outlets in the glove compartment is OK. I'm used to having only one.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Update on the USB ports: I thought the one in the center console storage still worked because I was able to charge my phone with it. I plugged in a USB drive with music on it and the player doesn't see it. There is power there to light the drive and charge the phone which is good. I thought the files would get to the player through the factory Sync unit. I didn't plug the front USB into the panel because I will be taking it out again and that plug is hard to remove. I'm assuming that doesn't work either. Still, two USB outlets in the glove compartment is OK. I'm used to having only one.
Again thanks for forging ahead here with going over the features and trouble shooting issues as well. I have some more questions for you below if you will. And yes it seems the USB port that plugs into the bottom left of the start button only charges.

1. Does you voice command button work on steering wheels? Mine still does not. Not sure if I missed a connection.
2. So your blue tooth phone connection works with no audio issues like mine with poor quality sound with drop outs?
3. On the main home screen upper right corner there is an internal music player with lots of cheesy music loaded. I was able to delete songs but don't know how to add music there. Do you know how to add music there?
4. How do you select to play music from USB stick? can you show the screen that reads the USB drives.
5. Have you found a way to get your phones wifi hotspot to connect automatically? I have to toggle my phones wifi hotspot off and on again every time to get it to connect when I startup the system.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I don't have time right now to answer all the questions fully. Also, the car would not stay in the full power mode with me running the new infotainment system a lot. It took all night with a 3.5 amp charger to charge the battery back up. I will take more pictures and give detailed answers tomorrow. Here's a few quick replies of what I have found so far.

1. Does you voice command button work on steering wheels? Mine still does not. Not sure if I missed a connection.
I haven't tried this very much. At this point I'm not sure I have my phone fully connected or registered. I haven't tried making a call with it using any buttons on the screen.
2. So your blue tooth phone connection works with no audio issues like mine with poor quality sound with drop outs?
Yes, the Bluetooth audio works great off my Samsung Android 6.0 phone. I was able to skip to a different song with the steering wheel control.
3. On the main home screen upper right corner there is an internal music player with lots of cheesy music loaded. I was able to delete songs but don't know how to add music there. Do you know how to add music there?
I haven't tried to delete the music. I would think music could be added using the ES File Explorer. You can see all kinds of folders including what is on a USB. I plan on taking pictures of how that works. It will take some time to figure out what all it can do.
4. How do you select to play music from USB stick? can you show the screen that reads the USB drives.
You can open up that internal music player by touching the mini-player in the upper right corner or the purple square icon with a music notes on it in the lower right corner of the main screen. At the top of the full music player screen are four buttons one of which should be marked USB1 or possibly USB0. Touch that button and music should start playing. Album titles will display vertically on the left edge. You can wipe the list up and down with your finger. I was disappointed that album art and titles did not always display in the player until I loaded some files that I have physically embedded that information into the file with a tagging software. Then the album cover picture, artist, album title and song title displayed. Yes! It looks good to see all that info. Unfortunately a lot of CDs that I have converted to MP3 or WMA will have to be tagged by me with that program. What I see in Windows Media Player doesn't show up in other players. I will take pictures of this and post them when I can.
5. Have you found a way to get your phones wifi hotspot to connect automatically? I have to toggle my phones wifi hotspot off and on again every time to get it to connect when I startup the system
I'm not sure how that works yet. I connected to my home wi-fi first. Then I set up a connection to my phone as a wi-fi hot spot. I think when I went out later and got on Google it connected to my house automatically. I searched Mustang6g and found this thread. It was kind funny to look at the messages I posted on this forum in the dash of my Mustang.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks Jeff! I to find it really cool doing so many things like surf, read emails and respond to 6g forums on my cars touch screen. I feel like I've come so far, but yet I'm still so far away with my own knowledge of this software and hardware. I am so glad you did this mod as you seem light years ahead of me in tech and electronic gizmo knowledge. My car is always on trickle charge for the same reasons, I'm always trying to figure something out on this system.

Last edited:

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I just realized I could have looked at the discharged battery voltage on the center information screen between the tach and speedo. I'm not used to having that kind of information available in a car.

After I connected the NOCO charger to the battery it was at 25 percent charge for a long time and was still there when I went to bed. I was starting to think I had an internal drain on the battery somewhere in the car when it was off. It must have been drained way down by all my experimenting. When I got up it was at 100 percent charge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I just realized I could have looked at the discharged battery voltage on the center information screen between the tach and speedo. I'm not used to having that kind of information available in a car.

After I connected the NORCO charger to the battery it was at 25 percent charge for a long time and was still there when I went to bed. I was starting to think I had an internal drain on the battery somewhere in the car when it was off. It must have been drained way down by all my experimenting. When I got up it was at 100 percent charge.
I've just leave my trickle charger on the car all the time. My voltage never drops below 11.8 even after long use of the touchscreen and stereo.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

After I connected the NOCO charger to the battery it was at 25 percent charge for a long time and was still there when I went to bed. I was starting to think I had an internal drain on the battery somewhere in the car when it was off. It must have been drained way down by all my experimenting. When I got up it was at 100 percent charge.

Have you discovered anything new with the system?
Sponsored