Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Thanks for the information! It looks like the protective covering did it's job on my screen. The scuffing is light. I'm sure my screen is ok. I will leave the covering on until I install it in the car. I'm still considering trying a matte screen saver to cut the glare.

The brackets look good on the new radio. Apparently it is made specifically for the Mustang. I thought that maybe it was a generic case. The location of it in the dash is critical for the CD/DVD slot to align with the dash panel. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I've been watching all your videos. I have downloaded them so I can watch them anywhere. Thanks for making them available.

Did you get yours installed?? I'm hoping you would also contribute to how this unit is working for you :D
Sponsored

Eleanor15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Not trying to be a asshole, but you've had the unit almost a week, is it really that hard to put netball and figure out lol?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Not trying to be a asshole, but you've had the unit almost a week, is it really that hard to put netball and figure out lol?
Keep you panties on friend:lol:I've been working midnights and haven't had much time except to work on fixes and such and all these videos. I've also spent a good day learning the features and functions so I would be able to give a good review on its functions and options. I have never had an android devise before and had a learning curve. I also have some emails out to the company Seicane and awaiting a responses on some issues below. My overall impression is very good though the unit looks so nice installed better than OE in my opinion, and the functions and controls a very cool.

Current issues are

1. The screen no longer displays outside temp?? not sure why, but I downloaded a weather widget that comes up on the main screen for the time being. I would rather have the actual temp outside than what the weather widget displays.

2. The voice commands don't work, but all other steering wheel control do work.

3. The steering wheel programmer doesn't seem to work, but like I said above all the control work except for voice commands.

4. I phone via blue connection has a constant skip or interference when playing music where when listening the sound drops out for a split second and does this constantly. All other media and music does not do this. Sound is good otherwise.

Eleanor15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lol coool. Sorry really impatient lol! I really want to get one. Does the DVD player work?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Lol coool. Sorry really impatient lol! I really want to get one. Does the DVD player work?
The DVD player works very well, and sound is amazing. I've also loaded Amazon music and that's very nice and again sound is superb. Keep in mind I upgraded my speakers and tweeters and everything is amped with plenty of power. The volume controls go to 30 and at 15 my music is really load and clear with the amps and new speakers. The issue remains with iphone blue tooth music is not sounding great. Seicane is aware, and I'm hoping they will have a bug fix for it.

Sponsored

Eleanor15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I think just having the preamp output it's worth it lol. Thanks for the update! Keep us posted!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I think just having the preamp output it's worth it lol. Thanks for the update! Keep us posted!
Yes it is, adding amps is easy now as you bypass the factory DPS system that makes amp speaker line output problematic. The power and sound of my system now is amazing.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Here are 4 videos with the review, it took 4 because I kept running out of space on my phone and then got interrupted with a phone call. Sorry for the crappy video quality and glare as well, but the system looks really good in person.:frusty:

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
does it bother you at all that it's running android from 2012?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Did you get yours installed?? I'm hoping you would also contribute to how this unit is working for you :D
I think this message was for me.

Last night I removed the stock dash panel and head unit. I had to get a Torx 15 driver today in order to remove the circuit board. I will attempt to un-solder the knobs before attaching it to the new panel. I hope to have the Seicane unit installed by the end of the week.

I will definitely post information about my experience with this unit. Like most people I have a lot of other things going on and will work on the install when I get time. Thanks to Shawn for leading the way and showing it in his videos. I think the easiest thing will be plugging in all the harnesses and then turning on the power.
Sponsored