CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
This is good reading when you guys go at it. Whoever doesn't like it, go watch dancing with the stars or something. And all Mustangs suck, every damned one.
Sponsored

LightningBlue17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, Lightning Blue
This goes back to response I said on another thread four-cylinder and six cylinder mustang's are for people who can't afford the V8 nothing is wrong with that.

If I were you save your money until you can afford a V-8. There are way too many people who buy the four-cylinder or a six cylinder and regret it within six months. Just save your money and your time will come.

I just love when people say I bought the four cylinder mustang for the gas mileage. :headbonk:

Do you only get that gas mileage when you drive like a grandma and stay out of boost once you're in boost you get worse gas mileage than the V8.

Who buys a Mustang to drive like a grandma :frusty:
Not sure why you continue to make general statements, like those above, without any factual evidence to back it up. You've never met me, yet you think you know why I bought my ecoboost.

For the record, I can afford a GT. Bought an Ecoboost for several reasons. First off, Where I live GTs are a dime a dozen. You don't see the Ecoboosts around much. I like to be different. Second, this is my daily driver. Regardless of what you think, the EB gets better mpg than the GT - and I don't drive like a grandma either.

Third - modding my EB has been a lot of fun, and I now have a car with tons of torque for quick bursts to 80mph (which on Long Island is about as fast as you can go due to all the traffic). My torque is already equivalent to the GT, and I've a few more mods and tunes to add to fully complete my setup.

Fourth - I don't like to be the center of attention. Modding an Ecoboost and driving a sleeper is how I prefer to go about it. IT's a finesse car - handles great due to the lower weight - and has the ability to smoke cars off the line due to the mods.

Mustangs have always come in different flavors for different people. You enjoy your GT, and that's great for you. Others like me feel the same about their EBs and V6s.

Peace out.
:cheers:

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Usually I would say V8 or go home too, but I miss my V6. Very quiet, smooth and didn't burn a drop of oil, compared to the 5.0.

That being said, V6 for sure. It will make rated power on 87. I4 will lose lots of power and gas mileage on 87. Look at the prices for premium....for me it's a deal breaker.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Not always true...
I traded a GT for an Ecoboost, almost 5,000 miles later and I'm still happy with my decision to drop 100 hp.
With my GT I usually averaged 20-21 mpg, 18 if I was harder on it, now with the Ecoboost I get between 24-27 mpg and have just as much fun driving it. As much as I liked the GT with Borla exhaust, it is nice having a quiet but fast car.
used to like the sound of gt exhaust, but ive gotten to enjoy the quietness

Jp23rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto
Not sure why you continue to make general statements, like those above, without any factual evidence to back it up. You've never met me, yet you think you know why I bought my ecoboost.

For the record, I can afford a GT. Bought an Ecoboost for several reasons. First off, Where I live GTs are a dime a dozen. You don't see the Ecoboosts around much. I like to be different. Second, this is my daily driver. Regardless of what you think, the EB gets better mpg than the GT - and I don't drive like a grandma either.

Third - modding my EB has been a lot of fun, and I now have a car with tons of torque for quick bursts to 80mph (which on Long Island is about as fast as you can go due to all the traffic). My torque is already equivalent to the GT, and I've a few more mods and tunes to add to fully complete my setup.

Fourth - I don't like to be the center of attention. Modding an Ecoboost and driving a sleeper is how I prefer to go about it. IT's a finesse car - handles great due to the lower weight - and has the ability to smoke cars off the line due to the mods.

Mustangs have always come in different flavors for different people. You enjoy your GT, and that's great for you. Others like me feel the same about their EBs and V6s.

Peace out.
:cheers:
I test drove a v6 Camaro and ecoboost Mustang. I liked the Mustang a bit better because of the visibility and trunk space. I would be using as my only car in New England. I'm just waiting for a used premium 16 to swing by my dealer for 20k. What do you think?

Sponsored

LightningBlue17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
I test drove a v6 Camaro and ecoboost Mustang. I liked the Mustang a bit better because of the visibility and trunk space. I would be using as my only car in New England. I'm just waiting for a used premium 16 to swing by my dealer for 20k. What do you think?
If you like how the EB mustang drives, go for it! I am averaging 24 mpg, and enjoy driving it each day. No regrets - love the car!

Good luck with your choice. :headbang:

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
If you like how the EB mustang drives, go for it! I am averaging 24 mpg, and enjoy driving it each day. No regrets - love the car!

Good luck with your choice. :headbang:
are you planning on running winter tires? i went threw last winter when i lived on LI with the 18" stockers and made it through(not much snow though). if i didnt leave i was def going to run winter tires

LightningBlue17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
are you planning on running winter tires? i went threw last winter when i lived on LI with the 18" stockers and made it through(not much snow though). if i didnt leave i was def going to run winter tires
Yeah, you got lucky last winter!:lol:

As of now, no plans for winter tires. I work close to home, and am planning on working from home on days where snow is forecasted. If it wasn't for the job flexibility, I would definitely consider snow tires though. Had an '89 LX 5.0, and it was all over the place in the snow. That had 225hp - Ecoboost has quite a bit more, LOL.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I just love when people say I bought the four cylinder mustang for the gas mileage. :headbonk:

Do you only get that gas mileage when you drive like a grandma and stay out of boost once you're in boost you get worse gas mileage than the V8.

Who buys a Mustang to drive like a grandma :frusty:
I don't even discuss this anymore, tired of getting harassed by other EB owners calling me an idiot who doesn't know how to drive or how my car is messed up.. my car has less than 8k in a year and 1 month of ownership and has had 2 services/oil changes at the dealer I purchased it from.. found zero mechanical issues. Car doesn't make any weird noises, no vibrations, no hesitation, (idled a little funny with MMR CAI, stock box seems to have fixed that), nothing wrong with it.. other than it's slower than advertised but it's hot as balls where I live and the damn thing heat soaks badly especially in traffic.

I'll just leave these links here for anyone interested.

592miles lifetime mpg
592miles tank mpg
3257miles lifetime mpg
7547miles lifetime mpg
Current tank mpg as of 30mins ago

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Cleaned it up :-)
landscape-1479830633-evil-kermit-memes copy 2.jpg

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't even discuss this anymore, tired of getting harassed by other EB owners calling me an idiot who doesn't know how to drive or how my car is messed up.. my car has less than 8k in a year and 1 month of ownership and has had 2 services/oil changes at the dealer I purchased it from.. found zero mechanical issues. Car doesn't make any weird noises, no vibrations, no hesitation, (idled a little funny with MMR CAI, stock box seems to have fixed that), nothing wrong with it.. other than it's slower than advertised but it's hot as balls where I live and the damn thing heat soaks badly especially in traffic.

I'll just leave these links here for anyone interested.

592miles lifetime mpg
592miles tank mpg
3257miles lifetime mpg
7547miles lifetime mpg
Current tank mpg as of 30mins ago
I don't know why anyone would harass you, but low mileage on your car is an anomaly. From what I've read on these forums, most EB owners are pulling mid to high 20's for MPG. I've been averaging 24mpg over the 1200 miles I've put on the car, calculated manually when I fill up. The cars computer tends to be around 1mpg high - usually around 25mpg. I do not nanny the car, either. I drive in sport+ and if I see an opportunity to hammer it, I do (within the confines of the speed limit, of course).

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What are you buying this car for? As a daily driver with power and good looks? Then you're fine with the EB or the V6, you are getting an exceptional car for the price of a 4 cylinder Camry. If you are buying because you want the fastest car you can then get the V8 or the GT350.

I'm glad I only got the V6. 80% of my driving is done under 20mph in L.A traffic. MPG is not that great in this and would be awful in the V8.

I wouldn't worry so much about the lack of "premium" options on the V6 either, but if you are, get the EB.

If you get the V6, get the 051A upgrade you have 18" Foundry wheels, electric seats, fog lights etc. All the cars come with Bluetooth audio, backup cameras etc, even the very base models. The V6 is a lot lighter than the V8 so you don't need the larger brakes and sway bars really unless you are planning to track. If you are get the EB or V8.

There are two thing I wish the V6 had that aren't options. The larger screen that you get on the V8 (Which you can add aftermarket) and leather seats (Which you can add aftermarket). I can probably live with the smaller screen. I may upgrade to leather seats down the line when the cloth start showing some wear.

But whatever you do. Buy what is best for you. People who say V8 or nothing.. to me makes no sense. The V6 has the same power the V8 did not that long ago at all. But if you want the V8, get the V8.

Also it depends on where you live. I don't think i've ever seen 93 octane gas for sale in L.A. Which you need for the EB to get the power out of it. I put 87 octane in my V6. Cheaper and what this engine was designed to run on. I don't know what the EB gets with 91 but I doubt power wise it has the edge on the V6 with the lesser gas.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
If i had to choose, I4 for sure.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.