I4 vs V6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Why buy a sports car with a v6? My girls accord would smoke the v6 mustang and still get 30+mpg and in my opinion is much more comfortable than the mustang.

Accord VTEC doesn't make 300 hp. My girl has an Acura with this engine, it is not even close to the Stang even though the rating is close. Plus she gets 19mpg. So you are talking out of your arse, frankly.

Also, why buy a sports car with an 8 cylinder over a 10 cylinder. You must be so embarrassed.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
When I bought my Mustang, i drove the v6, EB, and the GT. The v6 was just a waste of time. Why buy a sports car with a v6? My girls accord would smoke the v6 mustang and still get 30+mpg and in my opinion is much more comfortable than the mustang.

Then i drove the EB and I did like it I wont lie. The only thing is, I couldnt see myself in an AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR with a 4 cyl (turbo or not). The last 4 cars ive owed were all turbo (3000gt vr4, mk3 supra, dsm, starion) and I just wanted something different as I was tired of F/I.

When I got in the GT and started it up instantly knew this was the car for me. Pure muscle and nice sounding v8. Sure I could make the EB just as fast blah blah blah but in my head im buying a muscle car so im not gonna be the guy with a 4 cyl mustang lol. Im not bashing them or even the v6 but if you want those motors there are tons of more practical, comfortable, and more reliable cars out there for the same price.

The mustang name when you ask the majority means "muscle car" and im sorry but no muscle car should ever have a v6 or 4cyl option. That includes chargers, camaros, challengers etc. Everytime i see the base models im always asking myself why didnt they just get the v8? Im not hating or talking down on the people who bought them but theres so many better options then buying an american car with a v6 or 4 cyl. Honda's and Toyota's are years ahead of any american car in most categories. I knew i would be sacrificing comfort, reliability, re-sale value by buying an american car. But theres nothing like a big v8 and for that one reason is why i ended up buying my GT. :cheers:
Are you talking out of your bum or your face? It's hard to tell with the amount of crap that's in your post. You bash the v6 and the eco then say "sorry" and "I'm not bashing them." Irony eh? You can't fix stupid...

The first 4 cylinder Mustang was in 1974. That combo has some history as well. I think 42 years is quite awhile.

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
Does someone know the 0-60 time for the stock V6? and the stock I4? I think the V6 is a great looking car for $22-26K. I think Koons has some for $21,500!

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Everytime i see the base models im always asking myself why didnt they just get the v8?

Most of the time it comes down to $

I didn't feel the GT was worth the extra $10,000+ over the EB for DD use and weekend mountain runs, I have a Porsche for track days so no need for the extra performance on the street and the EB does JUST as well on any mountain road as the GT.

I saved myself a BUNCH of money getting the EB, and then went and bought another motorcycle with the money I saved lol.

Some people don't want to spend the extra $, or cant afford the GT, but still want a great looking car that handles well and is a bad ass DD, who cares if it has a 400hp V8, not everyone is a street racer or a track guy.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I'm still trying to figure out where they put the free phallus extension that comes with all V10/V12 sports cars. I say this since everyone who talks of them or owns one likes to tell everyone else how much more masculine they are.

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
Well sure u all have a point in your own perspectives. But that's just my personal opinion. I'd never own a muscle car with a v6 or 4 cylinder. Sorry it bothers all of you so much lol. Maybe if you guys would've just got the v8 you wouldn't be so salty haha :shrug:

Hey we all have our reasons for getting what we get I was just explaining my mentality when I made my purchase. Take it for what it is and have cheer up. It's the holiday season u know :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.