AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
My car seems to be unique (or mis-programmed). My fog lamps will NOT turn off when in DRL mode (tri-bars are on too), even when the headlight selector is in the OFF position.

If the headlights are on (no brights, no parking brake), the fog lamp button works and allows to switch fog lights off/on. In DRL mode fog lamps are always on. I have the LED fog lamps. The dealer acknowledges it's odd, but says per Ford this can not be changed as it's inherently programmed this way on my vehicle.

Could this be reprogrammed to correct?
Dealer is wrong. The LED fogs were NEVER DRL's from the factory in the USA, the DRL's are the tri-bars, the fogs are off, if the fogs are on with the car on and the dial in the "off" position or "auto" position, then this means someone changed the code that we found, either ford themselves, or the previous owner if there was one.

Normally they way it should work with the Fogs being DRL's is they turn on when the car is started, they shut off when the headlights come on and you would have to hit the fog light button to turn them on, they also will be on when you have the dial on parking lights only. ONLY when the headlight is on will they shut off, if they dont, then the as built code also was changed to remember the last setting (Fog button on).

This can be changed from the codes we have found already.
Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

Dealer is wrong. The LED fogs were NEVER DRL's from the factory in the USA, the DRL's are the tri-bars, the fogs are off, if the fogs are on with the car on and the dial in the "off" position or "auto" position, then this means someone changed the code that we found, either ford themselves, or the previous owner if there was one.
Dealer does not disagree, but says they will not mess with the codes as it's inherent to this vehicle's BCM. I'm second owner, Ford Motor Company listed as original owner per CarFax, so who knows. It's a USA vehicle.

Normally they way it should work with the Fogs being DRL's is they turn on when the car is started, they shut off when the headlights come on and you would have to hit the fog light button to turn them on, they also will be on when you have the dial on parking lights only. ONLY when the headlight is on will they shut off, if they dont, then the as built code also was changed to remember the last setting (Fog button on).
Yes, this is exactly what my car does.

This can be changed from the codes we have found already.
I'll read yourinstructions again to see if I dare to try this or not. Maybe it isn't worth the risk of me messing with it. I don't typically like mess with root files.

BTW - would you find it interesting if the PCM was serial #000000001? Maybe that explains it.
20160830_193506.jpg

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

Dealer does not disagree, but says they will not mess with the codes as it's inherent to this vehicle's BCM. I'm second owner, Ford Motor Company listed as original owner per CarFax, so who knows. It's a USA vehicle.

Yes, this is exactly what my car does.

I'll read yourinstructions again to see if I dare to try this or not. Maybe it isn't worth the risk of me messing with it. I don't typically like mess with root files.

BTW - would you find it interesting if the PCM was serial #000000001? Maybe that explains it.
Serial number has no effect, also I find it laughable that the dealer says they wont do it. Believe it or not, if memory serves me correctly MY dealership can do this. The IDS system can change this very easily, its no different then the dealership enabling Dark mode, its already in there IDS system to do this and will NOT harm anything.

[MENTION=19362]StrongFord[/MENTION], No disrespect, but truly its idiot proof. It takes less then 2 mins to do it. If you have the OBDII MX scan adapter and the forscan program I can either walk you through it, or I can remote into the computer and do it myself. Just so you know, there is NO code to manually enter for this, its a lamen drop down menu and choose what you want. See the attached image: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90047&stc=1&d=1470701438

I have changed so much already with the lighting on mine.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm thinking about replacing my GT PP oil pressure and vacuum gauges with GT350 oil pressure and oil temp gauges. GT350s don't come with MyColor so am wondering if anyone knows if the GT350 gauges support MyColor. Maybe someone has turned on MyColor in a GT350 or otherwise knows the answer. My gut tells me its almost a sure thing they support it but since most electrical stuff can't be returned once its installed, I don't want to eat the cost if they don't. I value MyColor more than I don't need a vacuum gauge. ;)

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see a oil temp and vacuum/boost cluster.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'm thinking about replacing my GT PP oil pressure and vacuum gauges with GT350 oil pressure and oil temp gauges. GT350s don't come with MyColor so am wondering if anyone knows if the GT350 gauges support MyColor. Maybe someone has turned on MyColor in a GT350 or otherwise knows the answer. My gut tells me its almost a sure thing they support it but since most electrical stuff can't be returned once its installed, I don't want to eat the cost if they don't. I value MyColor more than I don't need a vacuum gauge. ;)
Don't have an answer for you MyColor question, but I'm searching for a way to swap the vacuum gauge out for an ammeter or at least voltage. Yes, I know I can get voltage on the console screen, but I prefer tire pressure and Miles-to-empty right there. The vacuum gauge simply tells me if the throttle is open or not...

Heck... amps, volts, trans. temp., diff. temp., even an analog clock would be better options!:rant:

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I assume this is limited to Premium cars with the Shaker system minus sub?
I'm not sure, but I would imagine that's correct. I would guess there are only a couple of amps in general, each with minor changes based on the audio package.

I do get a very small signal when I enable the output, but it's not enough to run the sub. It does register on an RTA and disappears when I disable the bit. It's not at a typical voltage level for an RCA or a low-level output. Any amp using this signal would need enormous gain compensation. But, maybe that's how Ford has it set up? I know there's not enough gain in my sub amp to make it useful.

Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have changed so much already with the lighting on mine.
Ok, so here's how far I made it. From here I wasn't clear what I should change to eliminate fog lamps 'on' during DRL mode. The S550 As-Built Values list doesn't really cover that issue. Would one of these apply?
Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights Disabled BCM 0726-27-01 xxxx xxx1 xxxx
Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights Enabled BCM 0726-27-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx
Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal Disabled BCM 0726-28-02 xxxx x1xx xxxx
Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal Enabled BCM 0726-28-02 xxxx x0xx xxxx

Plus, on this screen I'm not too sure if I update both the -01 and-02 rows. And I wasn't too sure to do after making a change. This is where I bailed out.
FORscan.png

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so here's how far I made it. From here I wasn't clear what I should change to eliminate fog lamps 'on' during DRL mode. The S550 As-Built Values list doesn't really cover that issue. Would one of these apply?
Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights Disabled BCM 0726-27-01 xxxx xxx1 xxxx
Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights Enabled BCM 0726-27-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx
Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal Disabled BCM 0726-28-02 xxxx x1xx xxxx
Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal Enabled BCM 0726-28-02 xxxx x0xx xxxx

Plus, on this screen I'm not too sure if I update both the -01 and-02 rows. And I wasn't too sure to do after making a change. This is where I bailed out.
Thats not the right location for the DRLs, you are in the BCM AS Built format list, just under that SHOULD be another BCM which is the plain english wording as my screenshot (NOT BCMB but just above that) that is where you will find the DRL fog light change located. The location in YOUR screenshot is for the things you listed only. In the attached screenshot BCM and BdyCM mean the same thing, just pick the one that does NOT have "(AS BUILT format)" next to it.
BCM.jpg

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just pick the one that does NOT have "(AS BUILT format)" next to it.

[MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION] FIXED!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :headbang::cheers:

Thanks to those that contributed to this thread! Mustang6g WINS over dealership service - but we already knew that!

For good measure I shut off the ridiculous double horn honk too.:first:

WIN!!!!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm not sure, but I would imagine that's correct. I would guess there are only a couple of amps in general, each with minor changes based on the audio package.

I do get a very small signal when I enable the output, but it's not enough to run the sub. It does register on an RTA and disappears when I disable the bit. It's not at a typical voltage level for an RCA or a low-level output. Any amp using this signal would need enormous gain compensation. But, maybe that's how Ford has it set up? I know there's not enough gain in my sub amp to make it useful.
I wouldn't be surprised. In my buddy's 2012 that I helped him do a sub install on, we found low-level and it was also very, very low. We used a line driver to good effect.
Sponsored