Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
And here is old Bessie.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Perfect! What are you on now and what did you have on before?
BC BR coilovers now, I was on stock PP struts/shocks/springs. I got grilled by all my car friends because I made the mistake of telling them the past few months that I was "staying stock" since I had the PP suspension already... HOWEVER... LOL, I got a decent deal on these and figured it was worth it. They were barely used, grabbed them for $650. Originally I would have just went with a set of springs but the cost plus having a little more customization goes a long way in the end so I figured why not. While I know BC isn't considered a top tier so far they seem to ride great. I have them set on 15 clicks which is right in the middle of soft and stiff. The ride is very comfortable. Not bouncy on my commute to work. Going over big bumps isn't harsh. It seems a little float almost at times so I might tighten them down a little bit. The car stays flat in curves now. Body roll isn't noticable anymore. The car certainly feels very planted and now I can feel the limits of the tires on hard turning.
20160831_195217-02.jpeg

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
BC BR coilovers now, I was on stock PP struts/shocks/springs. I got grilled by all my car friends because I made the mistake of telling them the past few months that I was "staying stock" since I had the PP suspension already... HOWEVER... LOL, I got a decent deal on these and figured it was worth it. They were barely used, grabbed them for $650. Originally I would have just went with a set of springs but the cost plus having a little more customization goes a long way in the end so I figured why not. While I know BC isn't considered a top tier so far they seem to ride great. I have them set on 15 clicks which is right in the middle of soft and stiff. The ride is very comfortable. Not bouncy on my commute to work. Going over big bumps isn't harsh. It seems a little float almost at times so I might tighten them down a little bit. The car stays flat in curves now. Body roll isn't noticable anymore. The car certainly feels very planted and now I can feel the limits of the tires on hard turning.

I think your well past "staying stock" LOL.. Excellent choice though :thumbsup: I noticed BC coilovers are popular amongst the Lexus crowd. I see them mentioned frequently when browsing Lexus forums for my IS. I haven't really seen too many negative comments regarding their ride quality.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
[MENTION=22365]Aarron_M[/MENTION] - love the headlight tint, and rims! Details on the - well - both of those? I'll probably only do the tint - contemplating different rims - but those are great...

Sponsored

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have a bit of a theme going too.
Both of these cars look amazing IMO. What size 6GR's are you running and what tire set up? I am picking some up this weekend and could not be more excited!

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Grabbed a picture yesterday evening of the new stance.
I have bc coil overs also, do you know what your settings are on your current stance? My car is a non pp and the handling difference is drastic.

Sponsored

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Removed the resonator and replaced with an x-pipe; stock mufflers.

cjaj0507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Kona #1375
With the tint and alignment finished up today, finally done with a week or so of progress. Full Kooks exhaust (LT's, cats, H pipe, and mufflers), JLT intake, custom Dyno tune, Roush coilovers, BMR cradle lockouts, Eibach spacers, MGW shifter (love this mod, some of the best $ spent), 50% ceramic tint, and my paint guy added a bit of Kona to the plenum and coil covers. Love the way she drives , sits, and sounds now!!!
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1031.jpg

Last edited:

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Stock exhaust was pitiful. I had the new exhaust system here before the car. lol :headbang:
I have the borla sport sitting in my garage waiting for the car to get here as well. I'll drive it for a minute with the stock exhaust on though.

How long exactly did you last?

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
I have the borla sport sitting in my garage waiting for the car to get here as well. I'll drive it for a minute with the stock exhaust on though.

How long exactly did you last?
~600 miles.

Entirely because I was waiting for help, and the first weekend was a failure due to my stuff not having enough torque to break the bolts free.
Sponsored