Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

bcdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Met GT 6spd Convrt/50yr
IMG_0916.JPG

Rankor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY Ecoboost 6R80
My parts arrived yesterday, so today the UPR catch can went on. Intercooler should happen this weekend.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium

Sponsored

ASarsano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Good things are happening..

Looking good. Did u have redline from factory or were the door inserts aftermarket of so would love the info where u got em they been looking to do some thing similar to my doorpannels

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
What was the hate part out of curiosity?
@stresstest , I loved the way the car drove. Coming from a 2004 WRX this car was head and shoulders above in every way performance wise. I also enjoyed the grown up look of the car. Still cool, but not like high school kid type cool.

Hate part of the car was shit build quality. The interior rattled like a coffee can full of nuts and bolts. Battery also wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 days (remedied by dealer). Even for Subaru, that was an anomaly. IMHO, I wasn't gonna keep paying for a $30k+ car that I hated. I had enough. (This was my third suby btw 2 WRX's and my ex-wife's Legacy) It didn't take much of a push for me to get into the Mustang.

I also had one of the worst dealerships in my area. They were worthless and I was happy to tell Subaru on every occasion. Nothing changed.

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
@stresstest , I loved the way the car drove. Coming from a 2004 WRX this car was head and shoulders above in every way performance wise. I also enjoyed the grown up look of the car. Still cool, but not like high school kid type cool.

Hate part of the car was shit build quality. The interior rattled like a coffee can full of nuts and bolts. Battery also wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 days (remedied by dealer). Even for Subaru, that was an anomaly. IMHO, I wasn't gonna keep paying for a $30k+ car that I hated. I had enough. (This was my third suby btw 2 WRX's and my ex-wife's Legacy) It didn't take much of a push for me to get into the Mustang.

I also had one of the worst dealerships in my area. They were worthless and I was happy to tell Subaru on every occasion. Nothing changed.

Kinda figured you'd bring up the build quality. I hear about that and the rattles often from owners I know

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Kinda figured you'd bring up the build quality. I hear about that and the rattles often from owners I know

It was my third subaru and I was used to a few rattles from the 2004. My ex-wifes legacy also wasn't immune from the rattles, but they were few and far between.

The 2015 was just embarrassing to be in. Everything rattled. The lack of trust with the local dealer also wasn't inspiring. They had my ex's car for the better part of a month working on one single rattle. They were so incapable of fixing that, they had to call a Tech from Subaru USA to fix it. :headbonk:

Something that I also missed was the sound of the boxer motor. In 2015 they started using equal length headers and I really missed the old thumper sound.

All of those things just added to my frustration. I haven't missed the WRX since getting the GT. I had vowed to never buy an American made car again, but Ford has won me back. I'm really impressed with the S550.

I will miss AWD in bad weather situations, but those were rare when I got to really use it for it's intended purpose.

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Gt350 wheel to finish off the interior ;^)

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Finished installing APR Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter and the RTR Side Rocker Splitters. Real happy with them.

Nice, Mike. Your Stang looks great. :cheers:

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Washed mine this AM.
Sponsored