PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What is the correct way to have maf? I've seen multiple ways? Thanks again for great product!
Pmas said its doesn't really matter as far as MAF readings but I have mine inside the shield facing down and slightly forward so the wires and MAF clear the shield. I've been pleased with how cool the iats are staying considering the heat here. Seems cooler than they were with my Airaid on my 13.
Sponsored

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What is the correct way to have maf? I've seen multiple ways? Thanks again for great product!
Pmas said its doesn't really matter as far as MAF readings but I have mine inside the shield facing down and slightly forward so the wires and MAF clear the shield. I've been pleased with how cool the iats are staying considering the heat here. Seems cooler than they were with my Airaid on my 13.
^^What he said. If Nick at PMAS says it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter. But mine is inside the shroud as well.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Just put my PMAS intake on today. Not sure if anyone else has tried it on a gt350 IM with the stock TB and adapter. Mine is hitting the hood when it is closed. Not enough to cause the hood not to close but contact none the less. I have tried pushing it in farther in the coupler at the TB and angling it differently but the radiator shroud will only let it drop so much. The problem might be the TB spacer pushing it out a half inch farther or maybe the gt350 IM may sit a bit higher. Not sure but wanted the info to be out there about this slight fitment issue. I plan on putting my gt350 TB on sometime pending Lund coming up with a tune or just having Rev Auto dyno tune my car with it on. Hopefully with no adapter needed it will sit low or far back enough to no longer contact the hood. I can only imagine how it presses against the hood when the engine is under torque. Other then this the intake went together fine, no problem at all with the hardware or coupler installation. One clamp was a bit small but everything worked. My only other critique is about the maf install spot on the tube. It should have a flat surface to attach the maf to. It is curved with the tube which means the maf flanges are not flush when bolted down. I hope my fasteners dont come loose over time. We shall see. I have not been able to dyno it yet (my buddies dyno computer crashed before we got to make a pull) but I did datalog a 3rd gear pull on the way home and compare it to a previous pull with my JLT. No definitive proof by any means but it did make an extra half pound of maf flow (47.5lbs per min JLT vs 48lbs per min PMAS). I will report back when I get to dyno them back to back.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put my PMAS intake on today. Not sure if anyone else has tried it on a gt350 IM with the stock TB and adapter. Mine is hitting the hood when it is closed. Not enough to cause the hood not to close but contact none the less. I have tried pushing it in farther in the coupler at the TB and angling it differently but the radiator shroud will only let it drop so much. The problem might be the TB spacer pushing it out a half inch farther or maybe the gt350 IM may sit a bit higher. Not sure but wanted the info to be out there about this slight fitment issue. I plan on putting my gt350 TB on sometime pending Lund coming up with a tune or just having Rev Auto dyno tune my car with it on. Hopefully with no adapter needed it will sit low or far back enough to no longer contact the hood. I can only imagine how it presses against the hood when the engine is under torque. Other then this the intake went together fine, no problem at all with the hardware or coupler installation. One clamp was a bit small but everything worked. My only other critique is about the maf install spot on the tube. It should have a flat surface to attach the maf to. It is curved with the tube which means the maf flanges are not flush when bolted down. I hope my fasteners dont come loose over time. We shall see. I have not been able to dyno it yet (my buddies dyno computer crashed before we got to make a pull) but I did datalog a 3rd gear pull on the way home and compare it to a previous pull with my JLT. No definitive proof by any means but it did make an extra half pound of maf flow (47.5lbs per min JLT vs 48lbs per min PMAS). I will report back when I get to dyno them back to back.
You could machine 1/2" off the TB side of the intake and add more to the receiver groove, so it's in the same location without the spacer. Then once the spacer is removed just get a new longer silicone coupler.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could machine 1/2" off the TB side of the intake and add more to the receiver groove, so it's in the same location without the spacer. Then once the spacer is removed just get a new longer silicone coupler.
I'm gonna keep an eye on the top of the intake tube and hood to see if rub marks are developing. If this happens before I have it retuned with the 350TB then I may take that sort of measure. I really don't want to cut a half inch of the plastic tube off, especially since I'm still not sure it will clear that way either. It may be that the 350IM sits a bit too high for this size of intake tube with the radiator shroud in the way.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe cutting the coupler shorter by half an inch?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Cowl hood :cool::cheers:

Ps. I think wherever you cut it will be a tight fit. I notice my hood a little harder to shut and I have stock IM. So far haven't noticed any rub marks. Maybe a custom fan shroud would be a worthy option.

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Maybe cutting the coupler shorter by half an inch?
This. I'm planning on a GT350 manifold and I've already been scoping this out as I will be using the adapter and stock t/b so the coupler will need trimming off the small side.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This. I'm planning on a GT350 manifold and I've already been scoping this out as I will be using the adapter and stock t/b so the coupler will need trimming off the small side.
I'll be doing the same here once I have an extra $1000 to spend. Pmas plus GT350 should be an excellent combo.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm running mine with the GT350 manifold and throttle body:
1. Does touch the hood slightly, I could probably trim the coupler a little. For now I've stuffed the elbow into the coupler a little more and everything fits fine.
2. I used loctite on the MAF sensor for added precaution
3. I used a combo of my stock intake clamps and the PMAS clamps to make it all work. The PMAS clamp is to small for the GT350 throttle body, but one of the stock clamps works great.

Nice thing about the PMAS is you know its not restricting airflow anywhere, its HUGE!!

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and ideas. I may try trimming the coupler on the small side a bit. It doesn't seem to cause an issue, I just wanted to share so others knew what to expect. I can't wait to get back on the dyno for new numbers.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought a buddies No-tune PMAS(he is trading his car). My Lund Flex tune is already tailored for my stock airbox, so I assume I should be able to just slap the PMAS on and go about my way. Can't wait to give it a go. :)

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey PMAS - I know the only real evidence would be through testing, but theoretically, do you think using your intake with the new Ford tunes for the 5.0 could show better gains? My theory is that since your no-tune intake shows power gains with just a stock tune, I almost wonder if the Ford performance pack 1 or performance pack 2 would be a good stacked option for those of us looking for "mild" mods and retaining some level of warranty (rather than a full aftermarket tune).

I definitely need some nice intake sucky noises in my life.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
I bought a buddies No-tune PMAS(he is trading his car). My Lund Flex tune is already tailored for my stock airbox, so I assume I should be able to just slap the PMAS on and go about my way. Can't wait to give it a go. :)
You got it!
Sponsored