samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Did they happen to give you instructions on how to mount it? Got my kit and just got the hardware, with like 5 or 6 washers just hanging out in the box.
Same here. Although, I don't think there that many washers in mine. I think there was one. Now I have to go double check that.
Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Same here. Although, I don't think there that many washers in mine. I think there was one. Now I have to go double check that.
So how was the install? Any pics? I’ll be emailing them soon about getting some instructions maybe.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
So how was the install? Any pics? I’ll be emailing them soon about getting some instructions maybe.
Super easy. There are some pics at the start of this thread.

Drop the plastic under body cover. There's 17 7mm screws and 6 plastic push pins.

There's a wire connector and a big fat wire loom that need to be temporarily moved.

Unbolt the two 13mm nuts that hold the radiator support and pull it off the two bolts. - I made a mistake and went over radiator support. Don't do that, per ZL1. I still have to go back and fix mine.

Bolt everything back up.

It took me right at hour, start to finish.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Right. Seems pretty straight forward, one of my other questions was what the hell are the the 2 M8 nuts the sent for? My car isn’t a PP car, so apparently they’re needed, but I can’t imagine that they are the nuts that hold the crash bar in place? I asked for instructions got sent the wrong PDF, then I got linked to a video for the GT350 install. I’m thinking of just going behind the bracket they tell us to remove, after all I’ll be using it for a license plate holder.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I don't know. I didn't get any nuts. Just one 1-1/2" washer.

Hoping for a decent day this weekend so I can get back under there and get it corrected.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the tow hook, with the camera mount right after Christmas. Finally got around to getting installed this weekend, so here's my write on that, since it doesn't come with instructions.

1. I backed the car into the garage, with the front wheels just over the lip. I was hoping I could use the slope of the driveway to get me enough room under the car without jacking it up. Wasn't enough. We jacked up the passenger side just enough to get the wheels off the ground.

2. Remove the either 17 or 19, can't recall, 7mm screws that hold the belly pan on. there are also 6 plastic push pins that need to come out. You can probably get by with just doing the passenger side, but it's not that big of a deal to take the whole thing off, so off it came. (Guess i didn't get a pic of that)

3. Once that is off, it's pretty straight forward. You have to remove the two 13mm nuts
Inked20210502_163451_LI.jpg

3. You also need to unplug this plug and move this wire bundle. Edit: **The radiator support bracket needs to come off of the bolts, then the tow hook bracket, then the radiator bracket goes back on, and then bolt it all down. Don't just slip it over the bolts, like someone, who shall remain nameless did**

Inked20210502_163442_LI.jpg

4. slip the mounting bracket over the two bolts and re-install the nuts. loosely, so make sure everything lines up on the front side.

20210502_165559.jpg

5. Once you have the post for the hook started, tighten everything up. I did not have to trim any of the grill. YMMM.

6. Re-stall the belly pan, and tighten up the hook and post, and you're good to go.

20210502_171402_HDR.jpg

My younger son helping out.

I plan on removing the post, moving it to the lower of the two mounting holes shown in picture 3, so i can get the camera mount on and adding a little dab of blue Loc-tite to everything.

The whole thing, start to finish, including time hunting up an extra 7mm socket and going back and forth on wrench sizes for the bolts, took right an hour.

There is absolutely no need to remove the front bumper, as shown in just about every video on-line.

If you found this helpful, please send a donation to me. Gold level donation = $500; Silver Level donation = $250; and Bronze level donation = $100. :angel:

LMAO checks in the mail Gold member ****

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
A tow hook is very solid and has no movement.
When my C7 broke down it took 5 minutes tooad the car on the flatbed. The driver was very thankful I had the tow hook.

You mean a tow hook had to be added to the C7 ? I thought that was stock on those cars.... :cwl:

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
LMAO checks in the mail Gold member ****
Thank you for your donation. You will now be added to our mail / email / phone list for future donations and to upgrade your current donation level to platinum.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i just installed this
my only concern is that its secured with two m8 nuts that dont look like they could withstand much force

Sponsored

CptSumTingWong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
i just installed this
my only concern is that its secured with two m8 nuts that dont look like they could withstand much force
Did you remove the bumper for the install? If you didn't remove the bumper, was it hard to get the radiator support bracket out of the way?

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i have a non pp gt. there was no radiator bracket. install was a breeze. just take off the belly pan

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Did you remove the bumper for the install? If you didn't remove the bumper, was it hard to get the radiator support bracket out of the way?
I have a PP2 and didn't remove the bumper when I installed mine, not hard at all. Just a little tight as far as room to work goes but very doable.

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
So how does this install on a 19 gt. I bought thus used and need the 2 m8 nuts. My bracket has the recesses on it. So how does it go on.?what thread pitch are the m8 nuts I need also
Sponsored