Sponsored

tow hook

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
$200 may be expensive, but I don't see anyone else posting any alternatives... And I haven't found any other options that don't require cutting the bumper, welding, etc.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wow that escalated quickly!!!! Lol
Makes me glad I got a 4x4 f150 for winter. I don't have a hole in my front bumper, what if you go in ditch front first and they have to pull from rear?
or

If you slide off the road and end up boxed in between two trees - do they make one for the side of the car to mount under the rockers? :lol:;):D:headbonk:

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
damn that thing is pretty fresh. how hard do you think install would be? and would I have to cut my lower grill with a dremel tool or something to get it to stick out like that?
Easy as pie. Dont have to take the bumper off or anything. I have and aftermarket grill with mesh, so I had to cut, not sure if you need to or not with the factor grills. My first track event was in a thunderstorm and I saw a total of 2 dozen cars get towed out, many with damage. Any car that I plan to take to the track will have a tow hook.

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
$200 may be expensive, but I don't see anyone else posting any alternatives... And I haven't found any other options that don't require cutting the bumper, welding, etc.
This. Sounds like jacking rail threads all over again :frusty: Even if you could make something for much cheaper, how much is your time worth?

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Joe, what tires do you have on?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Joe, what tires do you have on?
Currently running the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06's. they honestly are pretty good in my opinion but the snow I got caught in was no territory for a mustang. lol. By the way those stock p-zeros were a joke. lasted me like 6k miles hahah I was pissed

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
wow [MENTION=11217]gundam83[/MENTION] ! that looks awesome! thanks for the pic. I think I like the look as much as the functionality of it... might be a future purchase ......

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Easy as pie. Dont have to take the bumper off or anything. I have and aftermarket grill with mesh, so I had to cut, not sure if you need to or not with the factor grills. My first track event was in a thunderstorm and I saw a total of 2 dozen cars get towed out, many with damage. Any car that I plan to take to the track will have a tow hook.

There's a tiny section you need to cut, maybe 1/2", out of the honeycomb. After seeing Alan from BMR put their s550 in the mud at the track after a rainy day and on the advise of the track instructor, I wasn't taking a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=10213]stoli[/MENTION] thanks for the input as I have the stock grills and don't really plan on changing them out. that looks awesome! especially with the stanganator emblem

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
[MENTION=10213]stoli[/MENTION] thanks for the input as I have the stock grills and don't really plan on changing them out. that looks awesome! especially with the stanganator emblem
This may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
EU-spec cars have a factory tow-hook installed. It's hidden behind the bumper:

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Currently running the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06's. they honestly are pretty good in my opinion but the snow I got caught in was no territory for a mustang. lol. By the way those stock p-zeros were a joke. lasted me like 6k miles hahah I was pissed
Joe I have no doubt that the continentals do a good job, I looked them up and took a peak at the tread. But snow tires make a world of difference, I have Yokohama W.drive V905. I won't go a winter without snows. They got me through two blizzards this year with the mustang. You might want to consider some in the future, it's worth the cost.

Yeah the stock tires are crap. The all seasons that came with mine would of made my car undrivable for the winter. They barely grip when the roads are damp! :D

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
One of the reasons I installed a Curt receiver on the rear. 1) mounting bike without messing up the trunk or back seat; 2) an attachment point bolted to the frame to pull me out of a snow bank.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
EU-spec cars have a factory tow-hook installed. It's hidden behind the bumper:
Hmmmm....

I wonder how much the circular tow hook cover costs through Ford - and how much the part or parts are that is hidden behind the bumper cover?

I'd be willing to guess that a US spec S550 can be coverted to look like the EU spec in your photo?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
It's going to be a lot more than $200 for that - and now you're going to have a visible hole and cap in your bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored