Sponsored

Anyone have 2018 with ZL1 Plate Holder - Tow Hook Mount?

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Anyone have one of the offset plate holders on a 2018 from ZL1? Ideally, would like to see if anyone has installed one on a PP2 and how much of a pain it was to pull the underbelly parts to get it mounted, but also have not really seen this on a 2018, so making sure it fits as I don't always trust what the sites say.

This is the one I'm speaking about in the link below. The Sto N Sho I have for my PP2 scrapes the incline of my drive, so I took it back off and looking for other options.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/mustang-2005-2018/products/copy-of-ford-mustang-2015-17-550-gt-and-performance-pack-tow-hook-package?variant=32290544129
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Why doesn't Ford just include the screw in tow/recovery point on US spec like it does on Euro spec? Maybe it saves a dollar per car (OK, maybe $5), but they could make up for that in reducing part numbers and associated engineering. Then you could use any aftermarket, tow point screw-in plate holder and installing a recovery point would take about 30 seconds.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Pix of mine here.

I installed it before I got the chin splitter, so I can't speak to the removal of that, but there are 6 or 8 clips, and iirc 25 screws to remove for the belly pan. If you have a pnuematic or electric wrench, no big deal.

Although the directions say bend the radiator support bar out of the way to mount the bracket to the crash bar, it will be nearly impossible to get it back on if you do that. Ask me how I know. What I did, and highly recommend, is removing the radiator cover, and popping the tabs of the top inner radiator shroud out of the radiator support. This will allow you to pull the shroud down enough from underneath and inside to loosen the upper radiator support bar nuts, and move the bar out of the way. That last part probably won't make sense until you are looking at the radiator support bar from underneath after removing the belly pan.

When you order, make sure to tell them you have a 2018 PP2 and that you need the GT350 style offset bracket. The bracket for the 15-17 PP will not work.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Pix of mine here.

I installed it before I got the chin splitter, so I can't speak to the removal of that, but there are 6 or 8 clips, and iirc 25 screws to remove for the belly pan. If you have a pnuematic or electric wrench, no big deal.

Although the directions say bend the radiator support bar out of the way to mount the bracket to the crash bar, it will be nearly impossible to get it back on if you do that. Ask me how I know. What I did, and highly recommend, is removing the radiator cover, and popping the tabs of the top inner radiator shroud out of the radiator support. This will allow you to pull the shroud down enough from underneath and inside to loosen the upper radiator support bar nuts, and move the bar out of the way. That last part probably won't make sense until you are looking at the radiator support bar from underneath after removing the belly pan.

When you order, make sure to tell them you have a 2018 PP2 and that you need the GT350 style offset bracket. The bracket for the 15-17 PP will not work.
Thanks! Looks good and since we have the same color car, I have a good feel for how it will look in the end. Ordering one this weekend.
Sponsored