Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
WP: You'll love it and after the third or fourth time, you'll finally figure out how to use it. <grinning> Just make sure it has enough hydraulic fluid in the reservoir and "exercise" the lift up and down a half dozen times when each of them is beside the car, not under it. Ensure that you can raise AND lower them in unison.

If you have trouble lowering them, your air pressure in the small cylinder is low. Mine shipped low and even if I stood on either lift, they wouldn't go down until I hit it with a wee bit of air..not much, it's a tiny cylinder. Then all was well.

The locks are simple but they were mystifying for me at first. Not the stop itself, that was obvious, but the oblong aluminum cams. When you figure out how and when to "flip 'em" you'll be a happy camper.

I unplug mine if I'm gonna have her up for a few days, with the locks in place of course. I also use jack stands but they're really overkill for one of these HD fellas. The 7000 lifts either of our cars effortlessly.

Of course, you can always read the manual. <smile>
Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
WP: You'll love it and after the third or fourth time, you'll finally figure out how to use it. <grinning> Just make sure it has enough hydraulic fluid in the reservoir and "exercise" the lift up and down a half dozen times when each of them is beside the car, not under it. Ensure that you can raise AND lower them in unison.

If you have trouble lowering them, your air pressure in the small cylinder is low. Mine shipped low and even if I stood on either lift, they wouldn't go down until I hit it with a wee bit of air..not much, it's a tiny cylinder. Then all was well.

The locks are simple but they were mystifying for me at first. Not the stop itself, that was obvious, but the oblong aluminum cams. When you figure out how and when to "flip 'em" you'll be a happy camper.

I unplug mine if I'm gonna have her up for a few days, with the locks in place of course. I also use jack stands but they're really overkill for one of these HD fellas. The 7000 lifts either of our cars effortlessly.

Of course, you can always read the manual. <smile>
Great info KB. Reading was not a requirement in the Army and I do not wish to start now.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for a way to cut the set up time. Noting arranging the blocks as the biggest wast of time. And someone that mods most everything, came up with this.

IMG_0216.jpeg
IMG_0217.jpeg

Is a prototype and close to a completed project, sharing. Must get them under the car and verify the locations. That done, tig a brace or 2 and done deal.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Good eye deer, Greg and certainly not to dis your project but the absence of a welder here and my infrequent motivation, I just put the blocks over the marks they made the last time I used it. :-) No time at all.

But for sure with your design, there's zero guessing, you KNOW it's in the right place.

Svgcmann

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby gt 500
I have question and I apologize in advance if it was already mentioned and I missed it but where do I put my jack stands after I already have it up in the air ? I’m using the quick jack it’s locked in no problem but I still want some insurance thanks again for all the input
Sponsored