circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
Morning all,

Curious, does anyone here own a Yellow Mustang (2019-2021)?
If so, from a long term perspective, is yellow relatively easy to maintain? I have had 3 black versions thus far. And, I think I have had enough. Hence, my question.
Sponsored

OrangeBeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang, 2020 Forester, 2019 Acura RDX
Morning all,

Curious, does anyone here own a Yellow Mustang (2019-2021)?
If so, from a long term perspective, is yellow relatively easy to maintain? I have had 3 black versions thus far. And, I think I have had enough. Hence, my question.
I have had lighter color cars and darker/black cars. I 100% can say that the lighter color cars are WAY easier to keep clean and you don't notice the small amounts of dust as easy. A black car will show every molecule of pollen, dust, dirt etc.

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
I have had lighter color cars and darker/black cars. I 100% can say that the lighter color cars are WAY easier to keep clean and you don't notice the small amounts of dust as easy. A black car will show every molecule of pollen, dust, dirt etc.
Thanks. I do wonder, would I get sick of the 'yellow' colour after a while.

OrangeBeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang, 2020 Forester, 2019 Acura RDX
Thanks. I do wonder, would I get sick of the 'yellow' colour after a while.
That is definitely a question for yourself to answer. I have had orange cars twice, a white car a a handful of black cars. I got sick of the white car and the maintenance on black but never the orange.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I think the orange fury would be a better choice than yellow from a "what looks nicer" point of view. In terms of yellows ability to hide dust and pollen it's probably the best. Orange fury is what I was going to buy but then I fell in love with velocity blue once I saw the cars in person. Only problem with velocity blue is it tends to show the dust after a few days. No-where near as bad as kona blue or black though.

Go to a dealer lot and look at them all in person if you can.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Can't say as I'm fond of the new Grabber Yellow. But as far as cosmetic care is concerned, probably not much different than a white vehicle and I know those are much easier to keep clean than any darker color.

1627423906081.png

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Grabber lime here with a factory black roof.

I can get it all looking nice and after a day or so, the lime still looks OK but the roof looks like shit … lol

I’ve had four black cars (still own one) so I have a direct comparison.

WD :like:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Grabber lime here with a factory black roof.

I can get it all looking nice and after a day or so, the lime still looks OK but the roof looks like shit … lol

I’ve had four black cars (still own one) so I have a direct comparison.

That reason right there is why I decided "no black roof". :crazy:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Black roof (for me) was a necessity and I knew what I would be up against ... lol

IMHO lime (and the other silly colours) needs the black stuff to bring it down just a little, the plan all along was for the black vents / mirrors / badges etc. As soon as I had ordered the car I went straight to the parts department and ordered the badges. The black mirror caps were waiting by the time delivery came, I even picked the car up from Ford with the lime mirror caps removed and sat on the back seat :like:

I still want a black spoiler / wing - I just cant find one I really like for a reasonable cost in the UK. Current favourite is the GT500 / Mach 1 wing with the gurney flap :sunglasses:

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Before I bought my first Mustang I had three consecutive yellow Holden Monaros (Pontiac Gtos in Nth America)
The tone was very close to the original triple yellow of the Mustangs.
It was very easy to keep them clean and easier than I anticipated and I loved the look of each of the 3 of them
Just go for it!

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
You want attention, you'll get it. I had a yellow Mitsubishi Eclipse for a few years. Anyone who knew me and what I drove saw me everywhere. Hard to go anywhere under the radar! A cop once pulled me over when the sedan next to me squealed wheels pulling away from a light. All he noticed was the yellow car...

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’ll love it. I know for me I’ve owned two orange and now my green cars. When I’m driving on the highway and everything on the road is silver white or black I know that I stand out to the cops but I don’t care. Those drivers are looking at me I’m not looking at them……..Wow that sounded conceded. :crackup:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I have had a yellow GT350 for about a couple months now. Before that I had a white Mustang GT for a couple years. Prior to that car I had a black F-150. I can tell you for certain the white and yellow cars are much easier to maintain, don't show dirt, grime, spots etc. the way black does. So far yellow seems better at hiding dirt than the white.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Before I bought my first Mustang I had three consecutive yellow Holden Monaros (Pontiac Gtos in Nth America)
The tone was very close to the original triple yellow of the Mustangs.
It was very easy to keep them clean and easier than I anticipated and I loved the look of each of the 3 of them
Just go for it!
The only Holden/GM I would cross the line for!
Sponsored