Sponsored

Yellow bug stained paint

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So I was washing my car today.
The juice came off but the paint is stained. I tried polish, clay bar, WD-40, Goo Gone. Pretty much everything but this stain won't go away. It looks like whatever liquid that was on the paint was absorbed into the clear coat.
Anyone has any idea how to get rid of it?
14324601_10153769440186631_6664388401745842090_o.jpg
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the same problem. I got a bottle of turtle wax bug & tar remover "powerful stain fighting formula" but I haven't tested it.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
That....are you sure that's from a bug or just guessing? Looks more like random spray from some chemical coming off the road or a truck in front of you.

Are you certain it wasn't there before and you maybe just missed it? It looks like it goes around the curves of the front fascia like it's in the paint and not just something absorbed into your clear coat. I don't know if any chemical other than soaking that spot in a thinner of sorts is going to take that off. Spot probably has to be wet-sanded and re-clear coated.

OP
OP
jasonstang

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That....are you sure that's from a bug or just guessing? Looks more like random spray from some chemical coming off the road or a truck in front of you.

Are you certain it wasn't there before and you maybe just missed it? It looks like it goes around the curves of the front fascia like it's in the paint and not just something absorbed into your clear coat. I don't know if any chemical other than soaking that spot in a thinner of sorts is going to take that off. Spot probably has to be wet-sanded and re-clear coated.
It's some kind of bug or bird piss.
It was yellow ish smear with yellow bits stuck to the paint.
And no it was not there because I waxed the it a week before and looked very closely at the paint.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Dang...I've used auto chem bug off for awhile with good results...it needs to sit for 4-5 mins. Try a cleaner wax if that fails...otherwise ultimate/rubbing compound or wet sand. Have a pro do latter if you don't know how to do it.

I have always had the full front and roofs done with old/vinyl and been thrilled with the protection. Hard to even make out the ppf...

OP
OP
jasonstang

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Strangly, the stain is completely gone. I can't see anything. And I didn't drive the car just left it in the garage for two weeks (vacation).
Sponsored