OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah people are dramatic bout x vs H. The muffler and year makes the most difference. Anything you pair with an 18+ (higher rpms=raspier) roush or mbrp is going to be loud af and race car raspy. Difference will be small.
the Roush would be the way to go but the tips are ugly.
I actually like the way the stock tips and muffles look really didn’t want to mess with it just wanted a bit more sound so was going to do the resonator delete like what I did on my 392 (Challenger) but I want it to be a noticeable difference.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
When I did the reso delete on my 392 it gave it a bit more sound. Sounded great not crazy loud... not sure this mustang will suffer the same fate though...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
the Roush would be the way to go but the tips are ugly.
I actually like the way the stock tips and muffles look really didn’t want to mess with it just wanted a bit more sound so was going to do the resonator delete like what I did on my 392 (Challenger) but I want it to be a noticeable difference.
An X or H with your stock 2018+ mufflers will be a noticeable difference. I just didn't think either one was a good sounding difference. Louder and harsher. Both of them sounded like there was a loose piece of sheet metal under the car at high rpms.

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
If you like the stock tips, and can get the piping done for cheaper, ever thought about doing a muffler delete and retaining the stock resonator?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I did the reso delete on my 392 it gave it a bit more sound. Sounded great not crazy loud... not sure this mustang will suffer the same fate though...
Ahh no. I can’t speak for other applications but when I added x to my Roush ab it doubled in volumn. So did the amount of thumbs ups from the guys with straight piped trucks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you like the stock tips, and can get the piping done for cheaper, ever thought about doing a muffler delete and retaining the stock resonator?
Nah didn’t really cross my mind... thought it may be too much hacking and welding for them.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Don't care about loud, I want that engine to sound low and mean, like a HO 289, reletively.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’ll be making up my mind shortly. Really tough decision.
all these bolt on tip options wish they were factory welded because it looks cheap to see them secured on by a clamp & bolt.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be making up my mind shortly. Really tough decision.
all these bolt on tip options wish they were factory welded because it looks cheap to see them secured on by a clamp & bolt.
I hate the way the Roush looks but to be honest when I ask anyone else they don't notice or care but it does bother me a little. It's like the minimal difference between x and h. Once you get next to a old cammed camaro or classic muscle car your H (as will the x of course) is going to sound like fran dresser. It comes down to your personal preference. Get what looks good and what sounds good to you.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Price aside....
What exhaust systems has the tips welded/connected form the factory?
May look at considering some of those...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

Roush is mid priced same wack ass looking tips.
The MBRP is nice and loud bad tips though like Roush and the Corsa looks and sounds hood... but almost 2K for noise...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My journey so far on my 18 GT non active.
Stock sound was ok
Stock mufflers with x pipe. Louder but tinny.
Corsa Xtremes stock headers. Sounded great.
Corsa Xtremes into ARH LTH. Very loud and a tad trumpety for my taste. Especially living in a condo at the time. Cold starts were brutal in open air.
Corsa Xtremes with Vibrant 1794s added then into ARH catted LTH. Killed that trumpety tone and brought volume down a bit.
Moved into house can cold start backed in with gargage door shut. Cut the Corsa mufflers and Vibrants off but kept the Corsa double x. Added AWE "Touring" mufflers. This is my favorite sound so far. More character and tone down low than the Corsa did, but still screams up top.

It's a journey. The one thing these all had in common was none had drone. Just be aware of this if you go with the MBRP Track that it will drone.

Fyi black diamond quad tips on the AWE look amazing but so did the black quads on the Corsa.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My journey so far on my 18 GT non active.
Stock sound was ok
Stock mufflers with x pipe. Louder but tinny.
Corsa Xtremes stock headers. Sounded great.
Corsa Xtremes into ARH LTH. Very loud and a tad trumpety for my taste. Especially living in a condo at the time. Cold starts were brutal in open air.
Corsa Xtremes with Vibrant 1794s added then into ARH catted LTH. Killed that trumpety tone and brought volume down a bit.
Moved into house can cold start backed in with gargage door shut. Cut the Corsa mufflers and Vibrants off but kept the Corsa double x. Added AWE "Touring" mufflers. This is my favorite sound so far. More character and tone down low than the Corsa did, but still screams up top.

It's a journey. The one thing these all had in common was none had drone. Just be aware of this if you go with the MBRP Track that it will drone.

Fyi black diamond quad tips on the AWE look amazing but so did the black quads on the Corsa.
Yeah I researched the AWE systems the track and the Touring. A lot of systems are 1k or better select few being the MBRP isn’t.
The AWE system for what it is just didn’t seem to have they volume or strong sound. Surprised you got rid of the corsa by itself...

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I’ve got MBRP Race with Active. It’s deeper and also louder than stock. When I step on it, its loud with a weird “gurgle” that sounds good; light throttle is a deeper than stock sound, and no throttle it’s about as quiet as stock (well it’s deeper but not really enough that it’s obvious).

I’ve only had it on for a week but as Jmtoast said, when you pull up to an old school it is not deep at all. It will make you feel like you are driving a 4 cylinder until you press on the gas slightly. If you are comparing X pipe vs H pipe, there probably not really a big difference by themselves.

I’m currently looking at getting a set of catted long tubes actually, as I was hoping to have that old school thump, and the MBRP set up which comes with an H pipe still has nothing like that on its own.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’ve got MBRP Race with Active. It’s deeper and also louder than stock. When I step on it, its loud with a weird “gurgle” that sounds good; light throttle is a deeper than stock sound, and no throttle it’s about as quiet as stock (well it’s deeper but not really enough that it’s obvious).

I’ve only had it on for a week but as Jmtoast said, when you pull up to an old school it is not deep at all. It will make you feel like you are driving a 4 cylinder until you press on the gas slightly. If you are comparing X pipe vs H pipe, there probably not really a big difference by themselves.

I’m currently looking at getting a set of catted long tubes actually, as I was hoping to have that old school thump, and the MBRP set up which comes with an H pipe still has nothing like that on its own.
You have pictures of the tips?
They are simple bolt on? They look good?
Sponsored