Sponsored

Worst Mustang or Worst Car ever built ?

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang V6
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRZjlUeVdiSnNNbU9KaHAydkZlU0Q3YkQ4NDRj

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRT2ljNGNjSWRSdkt5Mk54VjRBNDdjOXJuQVU4

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRVmZlazIzU1RodXUyNkN1SGViTTV6aUFHZl9j

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRV2pIRTFEZ1ZwZzdiS2w3ODZCYi0ySTZJUURF

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRekNkMFYwa21FV2tNOXhQUGtWUXRneTFsTG4w

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRdU43UlB1Vnc1eXBaQUVRSkNTTnVYUDdjeXNz

So, I never thought I would say this about Mustang, but I'm really kicking myself for buying a 40K + car with such a poor build quality, please tell me these unaligned panels are unacceptable :(

It's not just the panel alignment issues, I can't even tell you how bad the interior rattles are, there's a constant noise coming from air vents on the passenger side the moment I start cruising in 45+ mph. And the fun doesn't stop there, the moment the roads get a very little bumpy everything in the car rattles, the dash the doors, I wouldn't even be surprised if something falls off someday while driving on not 100% perfect roads.

I wonder if there is a thing called quality control at Ford ?:doh: Who ever worked on building and assembling my mustang deserve to be fired.

I'm going to stop my ranting now and ask the actual question for posting this .. So, what are the chances of getting all these things fixed at a dealership ?

P.S - I can't go to the actual dealership I bought this vehicle from because I got this vehicle from out of state (I can't believe I drove 1000 miles to and fro to buy this 40K crap :frusty:)

Update June 5th 2018 - Ford Service Center was able to fix rattles, apparently the door panel and the handle was effed up and also multiple fender push pins were missing. They also said I can take my car to the body shop referred by them and get the panel alignments fixed too :) I'm planning take it to the body shop next week, I hope all the alignments are all fixable :) I will keep you guys posted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I'd say the odds are pretty good the dealership you take it to will look to fix the rattles and such, whether they sold it or not they've still got an obligation to support Ford's warranty. You might be pushing your luck on panel gaps though. I guess until you take it to a dealer you're not going to know.

My '16 with some road course track time on it and 10K miles doesn't have a squeak or a rattle anywhere. It has had zero issues since I took delivery of it. I don't even bother looking at "panel gaps", it's a mass produced car and the fit is not going to be perfect. For the price I'm very happy with it. Sorry to hear your experience isn't as good, but not all Mustangs are like yours.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Panel alignment can be done to your liking. And if you don't like to do it yourself, take it to dealer.

:frusty:

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John, I will go try my luck tomorrow.

But the panel alignments are really bad, they look even worse in person. I have been looking at every other car on the road for the last couple of months to see if I can find a car with such bad alignments, and I still haven't found one. It is that bad, and quite embarrassing actually. I'm not exaggerating at all. :(

I'd say the odds are pretty good the dealership you take it to will look to fix the rattles and such, whether they sold it or not they've still got an obligation to support Ford's warranty. You might be pushing your luck on panel gaps though. I guess until you take it to a dealer you're not going to know.

My '16 with some road course track time on it and 10K miles doesn't have a squeak or a rattle anywhere. It has had zero issues since I took delivery of it. I don't even bother looking at "panel gaps", it's a mass produced car and the fit is not going to be perfect. For the price I'm very happy with it. Sorry to hear your experience isn't as good, but not all Mustangs are like yours.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I really hope that's true. I'm going to try my luck at the dealership tomorrow.

I really want to love this car, I waited for a year to get the 2018 model.

Panel alignment can be done to your liking. And if you don't like to do it yourself, take it to dealer.

:frusty:

Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22097]amfm144[/MENTION] curious, were the misalignments that way when you collected the car (after you inspected it)?

Regardless, like others stated take it to the dealer. Let us know how it goes. I know I’d be rather annoyed at that. My 2017 Mustang GT, had similar issues. But, I then upgraded to a 2017 Mustang Premium and don’t have those issues.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ur complaining about todays body panel alignment? Lol. Try during the musclecar heyday. Nobody complained. Want perfection? Prepare to spend A loT of greenbacks.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Ur complaining about todays body panel alignment? Lol. Try during the musclecar heyday. Nobody complained. Want perfection? Prepare to spend A loT of greenbacks.
Or by an $18,000 Corolla. Seriously, why can Toyota/Honda get perfect panel alignment on their cheapest car and others seem to have such a hard time? Is there that much magic involved?

MildMax

Takes alright pictures
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium - Magnetic
The panel alignment and gaps toward the rear of my 2017 GT Premium get under my skin as well, all my friends think I'm crazy, and say they only notice when I point it out.

Just makes me shake my head when I wash the thing.
My Charger before this car had panel gap issues, my buddies Camaro has hood alignment issues. Seems to be a pretty prominent domestic thing.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Or by an $18,000 Corolla. Seriously, why can Toyota/Honda get perfect panel alignment on their cheapest car and others seem to have such a hard time? Is there that much magic involved?
Good point. I had mentioned to someone else in another thread why I thought things like this happen. It's people and the hiring/training/check practices employed by those people. Beyond that guess, I have noticed folks here seem to behold the mustang as if it were hand-built. However, those photos are pathetic and I have not seen a Mustang on my dealer's lot that bad.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
If it makes you feel any better, back in 2016 people were paying $10-20k ADM on GT350s and most of those early cars had terrible panel fitment and paint quality. I remember a couple people on here refused delivery upon inspection at the dealer.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, it really is pathetic. Not to mention the rattles aren't helping either :(

Good point. I had mentioned to someone else in another thread why I thought things like this happen. It's people and the hiring/training/check practices employed by those people. Beyond that guess, I have noticed folks here seem to behold the mustang as if it were hand-built. However, those photos are pathetic and I have not seen a Mustang on my dealer's lot that bad.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess they do care about the build quality and customer satisfaction.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was late in the night and dark when I picked it up, I only noticed 1 misalignment then :(

[MENTION=22097]amfm144[/MENTION] curious, were the misalignments that way when you collected the car (after you inspected it)?

Regardless, like others stated take it to the dealer. Let us know how it goes. I know I’d be rather annoyed at that. My 2017 Mustang GT, had similar issues. But, I then upgraded to a 2017 Mustang Premium and don’t have those issues.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I've seen a lot worse panel alignment on S550s. But if you're not happy, take it to the dealership and have a discussion about getting them more to your liking.
Sponsored