Sponsored

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
No update guys I know it’s been a while. I’ve been trying to get this car fixed for 3 months now to no avail. First dealership couldn’t diagnose, then they did but ordered the wrong parts, then the right parts were there but they couldn’t get the manpower to repair it. Second dealership took 3 weeks to get an appointment. Now they can’t diagnose because the CEL isn’t actively on (guess stored codes don’t matter). Opened a case with Ford, they aren’t helpful. Now it’ll be ANOTHER 2 weeks before I can get an appointment to take it back in for re-diagnosis. Getting fed up with the lack of competency in every sector these days. I can figure out the problem with a $30 scanner and Forscan, but the dealership fools can’t figure it out with thousands of dollars worth of factory tools? For fvck’s sake guys…I’m 2 heartbeats from trading this POS on something else.
Sponsored

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
No update guys I know it’s been a while. I’ve been trying to get this car fixed for 3 months now to no avail. First dealership couldn’t diagnose, then they did but ordered the wrong parts, then the right parts were there but they couldn’t get the manpower to repair it. Second dealership took 3 weeks to get an appointment. Now they can’t diagnose because the CEL isn’t actively on (guess stored codes don’t matter). Opened a case with Ford, they aren’t helpful. Now it’ll be ANOTHER 2 weeks before I can get an appointment to take it back in for re-diagnosis. Getting fed up with the lack of competency in every sector these days. I can figure out the problem with a $30 scanner and Forscan, but the dealership fools can’t figure it out with thousands of dollars worth of factory tools? For fvck’s sake guys…I’m 2 heartbeats from trading this POS on something else.
Better of selling it at that point. Easier sad than done though.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to have the dealer do the latest service bulletin for my 10spd. I have to leave it and it will be two weeks before the tech can look at it. If parts are needed, who knows?

I took it home.

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Terry,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with this. I'd be livid if roles were reversed because my car is my daily driver. Can you still drive it or is it not drive-able? I'm taking mine in for a service the first week of October and it took over 3 weeks to get an appointment. I still cannot believe these dealerships have not caught up.

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Terry,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with this. I'd be livid if roles were reversed because my car is my daily driver. Can you still drive it or is it not drive-able? I'm taking mine in for a service the first week of October and it took over 3 weeks to get an appointment. I still cannot believe these dealerships have not caught up.
This is my daily as well. It’s drivable, but it drives like crap. Surging at cruise, feels down on power. Occasionally it will shake at idle like it has cams, and when it does that it’s REALLY down on power until about 5,000 rpm’s. Frankly I hope it gets hit by a meteor at this point. Seems stupid that some asshat with a home scanner can see the cam position sensor dropping out, but Ford can’t do it. Stupid.

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Car is repaired! After 8 days at the dealership, it seems they have fixed the issue. Car drives a lot smoother and seems to have more power, maybe even a bit quieter?

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Car is repaired! After 8 days at the dealership, it seems they have fixed the issue. Car drives a lot smoother and seems to have more power, maybe even a bit quieter?
How many things did they repair / change?

Sponsored

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Replaced the cylinder head, but the parts list was quite long due to single use bolts, gaskets, o-rings, and clips.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
yes, quieter for me as well. I hope this can be fixed.

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Unfortunately the saga continues, the car had an oil leak where the timing cover meets the oil pan. So after 8 days in the shop, it’s been in there another 2 days. They tell me it should be done tomorrow. I don't think I have to say I’m beyond frustrated with this, and even as a lifelong Ford guy I don’t think I’ll ever buy another one new if this is the level of service I should expect. Never had an issue pre-Vid, now it’s like herding cats trying to get this effing thing fixed.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the saga continues, the car had an oil leak where the timing cover meets the oil pan. So after 8 days in the shop, it’s been in there another 2 days. They tell me it should be done tomorrow. I don't think I have to say I’m beyond frustrated with this, and even as a lifelong Ford guy I don’t think I’ll ever buy another one new if this is the level of service I should expect. Never had an issue pre-Vid, now it’s like herding cats trying to get this effing thing fixed.
Jesus, I'd be livid! Unexcusable. I'd call FORD and see if they can do something for all of your troubles.
Sponsored