Sponsored

Trunk Alignment: Worst Customer Service Ever

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Let me start off by saying this is my 3RD Ford Mustang within 4 years. So I am not being biased. I had my previous 2016 Mustang GT repurchased through the for buyback due to engine failure then transmission failures short after and decided that i loved my car and would go out and purchase another mustang. I drove more than 3 Hours just to pick it up as i couldn't find one specked the way i like in my area. Shortly after getting the car home I noticed that the truck was misaligned causing the truck to hit the body of the car when closing causing the paint to chip. I haven't even done the first oil change in this car and dropped it off to get repaired. The service advisior and manager take a look at my car and say for sure the truck is misaligned and they will take care of it. I get a phone call about 4 days later from the service advisor saying that they are not going to be able to repair the trunk under the warranty because it look like it was attempted to be repaired before. The service advisor and manager saw my car before taking it in for service and did not tell me this. At this point I am livid as one i was out of a car for 3 months because they couldn't fix my 2016 mustang after they spent 10k on repairs and 2 I was without my car for 4 days just for them to tell me they dont want to do it anymore.

I dont understand why a dealership would turn away a customer and deny warranty service for a car that is not even a month old. I work in retail and understand things happen sometime but that shouldn't come at the inconvenience of the customer. I was even told to take the car back to the dealer i purchased it from which is 3 hours away!

UPDATE: I called the dealer I purchased the car from and the dealership had the audacity to tell the dealer i purchased from that I " Closed the truck with something to big inside of it causing it to bend the rails". This is a joke. I hope a customer car rep sees this and makes this right but for sure this will be the very last Ford Motor Vehicle I purchase It is not worth the headache.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Unfortunately there are NO Ford Cust. Care Reps on this site, so no one is going to see your post from Ford, don’t expect that...

Call the Ford 800# that you dealt with before and lodge a complaint to get a Regional CSR involved and a Case number. That is the only way you’re going to get Ford Customer Care involved.

Have you tried taking it to another Ford Dealer? Maybe you will get better results from a different dealer?