tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Hi guys, I traded my 2011 gt500 to the dealer I'm buying a 2018 gt mustang for and had remaining 10 months on the policy, so i called ford extended warranty for a rebate . I figured they owed me 465.02-507.29. They came back with 260.55. they figured their bullcrap equation on 84 months. 36 months comes free with the purchase of a car. there just ripping me off for over 200.00. Does anyone know of a entended warranty companies that ford will except for long term warranty coverages on our cars. Thanks alot brothers and sisters. I'm so pissed off at ford for doing this rip off deal on me-Tony:rant:
Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
The powertrain warranty included with the car is 5 years or 60,000 miles, so if you take that in to account they owe you even more. But in reality that's not how extended warranties work. I've had a third party extended warranty on a previous mustang that I traded in after only 2 years, so their warranty hadn't even come in to effect yet, but I only got a pro-rated amount back. It's all in the fine print of the warranty.
As for you question, Ford has no say in the extended warranty if you go with a third party. If you go with a third-party warranty, you can get the work done at any approved shop and then the warranty company pays the bill. Ford isn't involved at all. But in my experience the Ford Extended warranties are FAR cheaper than any third party option and you don't have to worry about who to contact to pay the bill while you are in the grey area after the bumper to bumper warranty runs out but the powertrain warranty is still in effect.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
This reminds me of the conversation I had at the dealership I bought my S550 from. When we were signing he looked at me and said..."I'm not even going to ask if you want an extended warranty. Because you will probably void it withing 500 miles anyway, right?" They know me so well..

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
The powertrain warranty included with the car is 5 years or 60,000 miles, so if you take that in to account they owe you even more. But in reality that's not how extended warranties work. I've had a third party extended warranty on a previous mustang that I traded in after only 2 years, so their warranty hadn't even come in to effect yet, but I only got a pro-rated amount back. It's all in the fine print of the warranty.
As for you question, Ford has no say in the extended warranty if you go with a third party. If you go with a third-party warranty, you can get the work done at any approved shop and then the warranty company pays the bill. Ford isn't involved at all. But in my experience the Ford Extended warranties are FAR cheaper than any third party option and you don't have to worry about who to contact to pay the bill while you are in the grey area after the bumper to bumper warranty runs out but the powertrain warranty is still in effect.
awmustang, I had the premium package, bumper to bumper for the additional 48 months, all components just like the original 36 month policy-Tony

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is old:
But if you buy a brand new car Geico has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. My dad used his on his Rav4. The transmission shop was surprised when Geico didn't send anyone to look at their work. They just gave them a credit card over the phone. I'm going to get it on my Mustang. So if my engine decides to go crazy after 60,000 miles I'll have Geico to lean on :). Check to see if your insurance company has anything like this.

Of course you have to pay the deductible but everything else Gecio pays for..

And its 7 years.... Didn't know that..

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I only ever get Bolton, not usually something the warranty gets voided over at my local dealership, and normally with the body and electrics if it goes it happens in the first 3yrs or so, or start to show signs by then. I get powertrain warranty to be as long as my loan and that's all.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I know this is old:
But if you buy a brand new car Geico has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. The transmission shop was surprised when Geico didn't send anyone to look at their work.
I never heard of that...is this doe thing you have to ask for ? How much extra does it add to your insurance ?
Sponsored