FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
When you start car, it automatically connects wireless carplay? Just get in and drive?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What happens when you plug it in, while it’s being wirelessed? Screen etc no issues, it just shows charging now?

My other carplay/wireless car you can plug and unplug with zero hiccups to music playing

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Definitely not true for all '16. May be a GT350 or a EU thing.
Yeah, my '16 (GT convertible, premium, 401a, etc.) had two ports: 1 under the center stack, 1 in the armrest storage. I swapped my armrest port for a dual, Carplay compliant hub (I got the F150, so two ports), however, there was not a connector to run the front port - and the OEM setup only had one passthrough connector for a single port. So, I guess I'm wondering how he had 3 - bought the car used and maybe a custom setup?

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I bought one car2play, it works, not easy to setup and upgrade. I have had to try 2 or 3 times to connect it and update it.. Now it works, i think there is a littlle delay during phone calls. I have to do more tests to be sure. I wonder how fast the battery will be drained. Iphone 11 pro max

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a problem with car2play. No guidance sound on apple map or waze (the most important for police, radar and other threats. Google maps works correctly

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I manage to hear the voice for navigation by playing in background apple music or other Music application within carplay. Strange. I tried every settings of waze or google maps. And it was the only way

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
thank you but this mat will be forbidden here (quebec province) Your phone need to be fixed on something or i have to put it in an hidden place
It should fit in the center console, but make sure your pro max does. There’s also a kit that turns the bedding of the center console into a wireless charging pad for s550 Mustangs. :)

Stang72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fastback GT Premium PP1
I bought one car2play, it works, not easy to setup and upgrade. I have had to try 2 or 3 times to connect it and update it.. Now it works, i think there is a littlle delay during phone calls. I have to do more tests to be sure. I wonder how fast the battery will be drained. Iphone 11 pro max
Ordered one today. Will see how it goes. Please share if anyone has tips on setting it up.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use it for few days now.there is some glitches. The connection sometimes don t work. For example if you engage the reverse before the connection is done totally. Siri works, but sometimes the end of her answer can t be heard. And i always don t hear voice on navigation with waze and apple map except if i plau apple music for example, at the same time. There is definetly a delay on phone. Like on a long distance call on standard phones. Almost 1 sec

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
Been using mine for a few weeks now. In. the Mustang it seems to be fine. I honestly have not noticed a significant delay in the connection as I usually am warming the car up 3-4 minutes before I pull it out of the garage. It is definitely a faster connection and get to the point of playing Apple Music on a warm start. I also compared the start of the Carplay experience with lightening cable right to usb port in car and sometimes that takes more time than I would expect. So I can only partially blame this gizmo for slow connections.

Two weeks ago, I got rid on my 2011 F250 for a 2020 F350 with the new Sync 3.4. This gizmo does not work with the truck at all. Struggles to connect and on the off chance it does connect, it shows a granulated connection screen on car display but play from my Apple Music. Once I did get everything connected and working-ish... The music skipped significantly and did not matter if was streamed or already DL'ed to phone.

I use Carplay for 3 things, and it seems only those things.... 1. Apple Music (stream one of their radio stations) 2. Apple's Podcast app and 3. Google Maps. I keep all sounds and voice-overs from Google Maps muted so I can am unsure of the issues described above.

eddison

Still have not received mine, and have inquired to the vendor several times asking if they would issue a refund or send a new unit, and keep getting the run around (give it a few more days, checking with their “shipper”, etc). I finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Although it seems like they are fixing the early firmware issues, I can’t recommend buying from the vendor based on my experience.
Sponsored