Apple CarPlay question

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT 6spd, 2019 GT PP1 A10
I thought I was going to love CarPlay but I’m a bit disappointed. I thought CarPlay was suppose to mirror the apps that are on your phone. I like to use Tidal and Amazon music. The functions that are available on the screen are a very stripped down version of what’s on the phone app. I can’t search by title or artist.
Am I missing something or is this just way it is?
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
That is most likely up to the app makers themselves. Apple Music for instance does have those search functions, but you are required to use voice search while in motion. Things are stripped down for sure, probably to make it simpler to use while driving so you have less distractions than messing with a bunch of buttons and whatnot. Whether it really is less distracting is debatable though.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I thought I was going to love CarPlay but I’m a bit disappointed. I thought CarPlay was suppose to mirror the apps that are on your phone. I like to use Tidal and Amazon music. The functions that are available on the screen are a very stripped down version of what’s on the phone app. I can’t search by title or artist.
Am I missing something or is this just way it is?
You're not missing anything. CarPlay is intentionally designed like this, because Apple thinks we're all a bunch of mouth-breathing cretins and it's their responsibility to protect us from ourselves.
Their idea is that you'd use Siri for everything. If you don't like Siri, you're out of luck. It"s virtually unusable without Siri (and, for that matter, barely usable with it).
Sponsored

Last edited: