Will the GT500 Have a DCT

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
As cool as it would be to have a true DCT, I don't think Ford would have gone through all that trouble and investment to only start all over again and develop an entirely new transmission for a niche very low volume car.
Well, Ford developed the 10R for the 90% of their RWD cars and the DCT is coming from Tremec so, it’s not developed by Ford.
Regardless, I would like to think the GT trans would make its way into the GT500. Or a 7 speed manual. But the idea of a beefed up 10R80 isn't out of the question in my mind. But like I always have said here, I won't speculate because I'm not Ford.
It’s not going to be the GT trans. The GT has a Getrag DCT, this one will be a Tremec DCT (a little more robust) as FastCarFanBoy said.
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
It would make sense that they want to differentiate their performance cars from the regular line up. Especially this one.

They probably don't like the idea of using a (basically) truck transmission in their flagship pony car.
Having similar parts to their trucks wouldn't be an excuse because one could argue the motor for the flagship Ford, the GT, is from a truck.

I hope it's not just about bragging rights because if the DCT doesn't offer any notable advantages over the 10sp then it's a woftam.

OP
OP
Franklin Yeti

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
FYI for the thread. My dealer called me today and said that they have confirmation (not sure how) but they said they have very solid information that the 2019 GT 500 will have the 10 speed automatic transmission! I am on the list to trade in my 2018 for the 2019 GT500 come order time at the end of this year. And for those who wonder, yes. I have money to burn :)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm not bent out of shape, maybe you think I am.
Just sayin, guys come in here saying they want it to have the auto, or think that it SHOULD, just because GM and Ford co-designed it. IF ford wants to out perform the ZL1-L1E on the track, its gonna need every advantage it can get IMO.
Maybe it wont end up being a track type car but all leads have went that direction.

I'd have no problems with that 10A, if ford included it in a drag pack option.
Fair dice.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
FYI for the thread. My dealer called me today and said that they have confirmation (not sure how) but they said they have very solid information that the 2019 GT 500 will have the 10 speed automatic transmission! I am on the list to trade in my 2018 for the 2019 GT500 come order time at the end of this year. And for those who wonder, yes. I have money to burn :)
I don’t mean be rude, but you dealer is full of BS. It will be a DCT.

Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Well...since you have "money to burn", mind helping a fellow car, and more importantly, Mustang enthusiast fund his dream GT500 purchase :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
maybe the same kid that won the 450m+ lotto? HAHA, J/K. He still didn't want to burn it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Franklin Yeti

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
I don’t think anyone cares? But good for you I guess :crazy:
The comment about "money to burn" was a play on posts you can see on the forum here when people talk about trading in a car they have just bought within the last couple of years for a new ride. aka "unless you have a money tree". That's it, no other intent. You can relax now.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If it really is the 10R80 then they better tune it so it shifts Hellcat ZF8 fast...actually faster. Actually Z06 8L90 at WOT fast (say what you want about that poop trans but when hustling it, yikes is it fast). I'd believe the DCT thing though granted still don't know what to expect. Ford has always been a little quirky with their specialized Mustangs to set them apart.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's a DCT.