Sponsored

Will my Extended Warranty Cover by Backup Camera Issues?

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
I have a 2015 Mustang GT Premium and the backup camera works perfectly somedays, others, like today, the picture is moving on its own and the pictures start's getting lines. So its evident that one of my wires is becoming or is severed. The warranty is expired, I did get the extended warranty, but it's the ExtraCare plan, which doesn't cover backup camera. Would a TSB still cover this issue, because the TSB states that it is possible to repair under extended warranty, but I'm not sure if it pertains to the specific plan and what it covers? Or should I try to fix it myself? I have never done something like this before, that's why I'm nervous performing the repair.

The TSB is attached.
Sponsored

Attachments

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Go talk to your local dealer and see what they say about the extended warranty covering it or not.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Look at your VSC docs and see what's excluded in the plan you chose
You can also call the company whose paper you bought directly.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you’re out of warranty and your Extended plan won’t cover it - the fix is rather easy.

There are a few threads on here where other members have done the repair and have documented it.
Sponsored