Sponsored

Ford Recall 2015-2017 mustangs for Backup Camera Issues

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
I hope I'm wrong but the way I understand it, once they mark it as done any future repairs are on the owner.
I hope your wrong too, but I will fight it since, they really didn't fix anything. I'll know next week.
Sponsored

Racer57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 1970 Cuda 383cu Tremec 5 speed.
I bought a new Mach 1 '22 leftover 1 week ago. The camera stopped working the 3rd time it was used and only about 1/2 of the time since. Goes back to shop next week.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
I bought a new Mach 1 '22 leftover 1 week ago. The camera stopped working the 3rd time it was used and only about 1/2 of the time since. Goes back to shop next week.
That's crazy. The Camera/ Harness recall is for '15-'17 Stangs. This happened to my '15 back in '18.
Dealer did the splice thing and it's still working. Also because of the harness issue, the trunk would not open.

I now have a back-up trunk opener. I bought a 6 ft. dog leash and attached it to the child emergency trunk release and ran it into the rear seat area.

Got my letter (finally) that cameras are available. Now I'm concerned. Ford WAS saying some of the '15-'17 cameras were no good.. Now you (Racer57) are saying the camera on your '22 is wonky.
I'm confused. I guess all 6th gen Mustang cameras are F'ed up ???????? Dunno!

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope your wrong too, but I will fight it since, they really didn't fix anything. I'll know next week.
I got my car back today and they performed the recall. Looks like they did the splicing and they also replaced the camera. might Be my imagination but the harness looks thicker or maybe it’s just because the covering is new.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back today and they performed the recall. Looks like they did the splicing and they also replaced the camera. might Be my imagination but the harness looks thicker or maybe it’s just because the covering is new.

I had the splice done3 years ago and was waiting for the cameras to be in stock so I guess I'll have them put a camera in even though every thing is working now. I think the really big issue was the harness and not the camera so much.

I better have the camera installed before they run out of them :thumbsup: BTW DIB color is the BEST!!

Sponsored

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the splice done3 years ago and was waiting for the cameras to be in stock so I guess I'll have them put a camera in even though every thing is working now. I think the really big issue was the harness and not the camera so much.

I better have the camera installed before they run out of them :thumbsup: BTW DIB color is the BEST!!
it is my favorite blue.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They changed the camera. All is good now. :D
Glad that worked out for you. Did you have to pay for it ..........because the "ORIGINAL" recall was for 15-17's and you have a '22. Just curious

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Got my recall done last friday. There were 2 cutted wires due to a 6 inches long rigid plastic loom where the wires were supposly "protected". But in fact when the truck is lift all way up, the wires get pinched between the trunk and this ridig loom causing wire breaking.

The tech removed that unessessary loom, repaired the wires with a "Ford" crimping kit . The wires are now extented 4-5 inches longer and protected with tape only. The tech also removed 1 clip to avoid the wires to get stressed/pinched when the trunk is open all way up.

The only change I was able to obtain is now, the camera goes on immediatly when the car is placed on the"R". Before the rework, there was a small time gap , like 1/2 to 1 second from the time I was placing the car in "R" and the time that image was appearing.

Sponsored

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my recall done last friday. There were 2 cutted wires due to a 6 inches long rigid plastic loom where the wires were supposly "protected". But in fact when the truck is lift all way up, the wires get pinched between the trunk and this ridig loom causing wire breaking.

The tech removed that unessessary loom, repaired the wires with a "Ford" crimping kit . The wires are now extented 4-5 inches longer and protected with tape only. The tech also removed 1 clip to avoid the wires to get stressed/pinched when the trunk is open all way up.

The only change I was able to obtain is now, the camera goes on immediatly when the car is placed on the"R". Before the rework, there was a small time gap , like 1/2 to 1 second from the time I was placing the car in "R" and the time that image was appearing.
It's good that you got it taken care of. That wiring harness also allows the trunk to open . If the harness had deteriorated any further ( like mine did ) POOF... the trunk won't open.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I noticed the same thing.
Sponsored