Sponsored

Why the Mach1 is a rip off

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350's available in that price range are pretty much all 2016's or 17's with over 20K miles, most in the 30K mile range.
and to think you could find '18 GT350 with <3000 miles for 45-50k back in summer/fall of 2019.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
and to think you could find '18 GT350 with <3000 miles for 45-50k back in summer/fall of 2019.
Who fucking cares? Don't want it, don't buy but stop droning on and on like a fucking broken record...... jesus christ

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Who fucking cares? Don't want it, don't buy but stop droning on and on like a fucking broken record...... jesus christ
Oops you forgot what thread we’re in Matt…this is the hater topic

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
For me the Mach1 is speced out almost exactly how I've been wanting a Mustang except I can't get it in Dark Green.
1. Extra Power
2. Automatic Trans
3. Magnaride
4. Adjustable Exhaust note
5. Extra Oil Coolers
6. Beefed up suspension/chassis
7. Better looking front fascia
8. Better Aero
9. Wider wheels and tires
I'm sure I forgot a few things.
I just want/need Dark Green paint like my '67 Dark Moss Green Fastback 390 GTA.
Planning on a Black Mach1 and in a few years do a color change to make my "Dream" Mustang.
I'll leave the engine compartment black and it'll match my '67.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
For me the Mach1 is speced out almost exactly how I've been wanting a Mustang except I can't get it in Dark Green.
1. Extra Power
2. Automatic Trans
3. Magnaride
4. Adjustable Exhaust note
5. Extra Oil Coolers
6. Beefed up suspension/chassis
7. Better looking front fascia
8. Better Aero
9. Wider wheels and tires
I'm sure I forgot a few things.
I just want/need Dark Green paint like my '67 Dark Moss Green Fastback 390 GTA.
Planning on a Black Mach1 and in a few years do a color change to make my "Dream" Mustang.
I'll leave the engine compartment black and it'll match my '67.
Don't forget the free Ford Performance Track day!

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
No dog in the fight, but I think y’all are crazy...comparing the price point of a car that is NOW being produced, with a car that is NO LONGER being produced is lunacy. all IMHO of course, and only one year between the two is irrelevant :wink:

but let’s just ignore that for a quick second...look at the price of things right now. Do you honestly believe if the 350/R was on the build sheet, that the delta between the two would be anywhere near 10k?

...not a chance 😂

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, a whole $250 value. I didn't want one but now I do!!
$250 for a day at a track in the middle of Charlotte motor speedway, with an instructor and beating the crap out of their Mach 1’s??
Yeah, sounds right … HA!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Well, now that I have the M1 and have put 600+ miles on it I can say that the car is definitely not a rip off. Anyone that says so does not own one.

It is a complete car. Different than a GT or Bullitt. Its own thing. Naysayers say stuff based on "specs" and car articles. "I've driven blah, blah and it's the same thing" Nope. Wrong.

I have owned 10 Mustangs. Not any of them,

Those that own one know different. If you are reading this thinking about buying an M1. And, you can afford it, do it. You will like it.

Manual, of course!!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, now that I have the M1 and have put 600+ miles on it I can say that the car is definitely not a rip off. Anyone that says so does not own one.

It is a complete car. Different than a GT or Bullitt. Its own thing. Naysayers say stuff based on "specs" and car articles. "I've driven blah, blah and it's the same thing" Nope. Wrong.

Those that own one know different. If you are reading this thinking about buying an M1. And, you can afford it, do it. You will like it.

Manual, of course!!
You were doing so good…until you got to that last sentence. :crackup: :cwl::like::clap:

Enjoy your M1. It’s an awesome car (even with the Tremec).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Take price out of the equation and I'm sure that most people would agree with you. Me included, since a Mach 1 would be my first choice if I was shopping for another Mustang.

But the stated direction of this thread is about whether people think it's a good value for the money. For some people, it's strictly the pricing that makes it "a bridge too far". Not the content or the driving experience.

Norm

Last edited:

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Well I'm not a Mustang owner I'm a Challenger owner, but I look at this conversation and I wonder why they hate towards the Mach 1. Yes it is a bit pricey, but in my humble opinion it is a far more attractive package than the standard gt. The tremec transmission makes it much more fun to drive and it has enough hardware in it to justify the price increase. The Mach One or GT500 is the only Mustang I would buy but I would buy either happily.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Well I'm not a Mustang owner I'm a Challenger owner, but I look at this conversation and I wonder why they hate towards the Mach 1. Yes it is a bit pricey, but in my humble opinion it is a far more attractive package than the standard gt. The tremec transmission makes it much more fun to drive and it has enough hardware in it to justify the price increase. The Mach One or GT500 is the only Mustang I would buy but I would buy either happily.
As a Challenger owner - what are your thoughts on the car in general, and this one in particular? I've been looking for something to enjoy for the rest of the summer till (if?) my Mach 1 arrives.

https://www.solomonchryslerjeepdodg...allenger-ab00b8450a0e0adf2cfdb41a2df8ca7b.htm

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Would rather have a 1LE, ZL1, or new 2 series B58 if I'm paying over $40k.

Now is not the time to buy anyway. December through March is best.
Sponsored