Sponsored

Why the Mach1 is a rip off

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I paid 37k for the SS/1LE new. It has partial leather Recaro's, eDiff, TR6060, and Magneride that doesn't SUCK ASS, for $17,000 less than a cloth-trim Mach1 which took 5 years to get here. If you really think Ford Magneride is good, you should try what the GM boys offer.

So yes, it's plainly obvious the Mach1's direct competition is the SS/1LE which comes in at 47 or 52k MSRP. The Ford badge is not worth another 5 grand. Aggregate unit sales is not necessarily an indication of technical excellence - only consumer preference, aggressive pricing, or other factors like brand loyalty. And furthermore nobody cares how many EB Mustang sells. What we care about are PP2 vs SS/1LE sales or if you want to take it further, GT350 vs SS/1LE. Nobody has published their numbers that I know of. Who knows the units may well be neigh equivalent. How does your premise hold up if say MY21 the SS/1LE and the Mach1 have same sales?
While you make some good valid points, I would still buy the Mustang, hate the look of the Camaro and even more so when I sat in one and test drove I really hated the lack of visibility of the Camaro. The interior felt cheaper to me. So in my case I want a vehicle that I like and can enjoy the way I want. I would sooner spend 5k more for the car I want and like than buy something I will not enjoy as much.
Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
While you make some good valid points, I would still buy the Mustang, hate the look of the Camaro and even more so when I sat in one and test drove I really hated the lack of visibility of the Camaro. The interior felt cheaper to me. So in my case I want a vehicle that I like and can enjoy the way I want. I would sooner spend 5k more for the car I want and like than buy something I will not enjoy as much.
This argument is so old, both their interiors feel cheap. These cars offer extraordinary performance for the dollar so cost has to be cut somewhere. If you care that much about interior, buy a luxury car. There is nothing wrong with either the mustang or the camaros interior

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
This argument is so old, both their interiors feel cheap. These cars offer extraordinary performance for the dollar so cost has to be cut somewhere. If you care that much about interior, buy a luxury car. There is nothing wrong with either the mustang or the camaros interior
No where did I say that the Mustangs interior was luxurious, I just said the Camaro's felt cheaper to me. If I wanted a luxury car I would bought one. I bought what I wanted.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 isnt special, nor is any Mustang. They’re all based off the same 4 banger rental car
I disagree with statement. That's like saying Michael Jordan, and Albert Einstein were not special because they shared the same skeletal structure/DNA as everyone else.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope it "special" that's why it gets the lovely ADM
ADM's are a dealer/buyer issue. I'm sure that no other product commands a premium for something that the selling agent deems "special" right? I mean, there was nothing special about the Series X XBox, so why were people paying over MSRP for them when they first came out?

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is a subjective statement. We can agree that the materials used are very similar between the models, but the actually ergonomic designs are completely different. Neither of them feel cheap for the segment they are intended to sell into.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Correct its a dealer issue. Here in Socal Ford dealers slap ADM on every fkn mustang.
I don't understand why people aren't willing to buy out of state to buy a vehicle. Back in 2015, I was able to out in my order for a GT350R at a dealer who was willing to work with me, not any of the local dealers who said they would be putting a $20-30K+ ADM on their allotted units. I have already been offered two Mach 1 order opportunities, one percentage points below MSRP and another at MSRP. Note: They were not from California dealers.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have already been offered two Mach 1 order opportunities, one percentage points below MSRP and another at MSRP. Note: They were not from California dealers.
If you shop in IOWA you get 7% off MSRP all day long. With quote in hand you may well be able to browbeat some sense into your local sheister.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
That is a subjective statement. We can agree that the materials used are very similar between the models, but the actually ergonomic designs are completely different. Neither of them feel cheap for the segment they are intended to sell into.
Both are cheap..... The end

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
No where did I say that the Mustangs interior was luxurious, I just said the Camaro's felt cheaper to me. If I wanted a luxury car I would bought one. I bought what I wanted.
Lol, good for you. The mustang interior is shit just like the Camaro.

My point is if you care that much about interior buy a luxury car, saying a mustang interior "feels less cheap" is silly. They both use cheap materials and feel cheap in general.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If these are cheap than everything that pre-dates it doesn't even have a word for it :crackup: The interiour quality is completely fine.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Lol, good for you. The mustang interior is shit just like the Camaro.

My point is if you care that much about interior buy a luxury car, saying a mustang interior "feels less cheap" is silly. They both use cheap materials and feel cheap in general.
Whatever you seem to have a problem with what I said and I stand by what I said, I like the interior of the Mustang better than Camaro, other than that I don't really care. Not sure why you keep going on about a luxury car, As I said if I wanted a luxury car I would have bought one.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree with statement. That's like saying Michael Jordan, and Albert Einstein were not special because they shared the same skeletal structure/DNA as everyone else.
It’s really more akin to saying a McDonalds employee isn’t more special than a Burger King employee just because they get the special Coke. The Jordans, Einsteins, etc. of the car world would be things like the GMA T.50

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If these are cheap than everything that pre-dates it doesn't even have a word for it
if you mean S197 Mustang and before, then yes there is a word: "total_unmitigated_crapola". Mustangs interiors have been so incredibly bad for 30+ years you couldn't pay me to own one.
Sponsored