Sponsored

Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Fun, spirited driving or just cruising along in a Gran Turismo car with the family in a NA V8 Mustang and still get to bring all of our luggage, well that is fantastic.
your luggage must be TINY and your backseat passengers likewise. I wouldn't dream of putting anybody in the backseat of the Mustang. For 4 persons and luggage it would be Stinger or Charger every time. Or just take the CUV.
Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I was considering Mach1 instead of GT, but here its about 63k vs 74k. And i believe that European version is cheated as its 460 hp instead of 480 and i also think that we get same manual transmission that is in GT. Havent seen any sign of Tremec like the Us version have.
I just checked the European Brochure and it is listed in there Tremec TR-3160 6 speed.

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
your luggage must be TINY and your backseat passengers likewise. I wouldn't dream of putting anybody in the backseat of the Mustang. For 4 persons and luggage it would be Stinger or Charger every time. Or just take the CUV.
Well as long as the kids are small it is a very good family car. There is plenty of luggage, how many bags do you bring on a trip? 😜

For me the Stinger and the Charger are not "sportscars" like the Mustang. Even though they are good fun family cars for sure.

At current I drive an XC60T8 for normal transportation and on very long trips with the family. Luggage capacity is not much more than in the Mustang if the parcelshelf is not taken out.

The kids are 6 and 9 so a couple of years left until they simply not fit in the backseat.
When they don't I will get me a twoseater instead 😎

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
So as long as its cleared that Mach1 gets Tremec also in Europe, do you know if there is any chance that they could replace Mt82 with Tremec in GT for 2022 year or basically there is no chance at all for this?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you know if there is any chance that they could replace Mt82 with Tremec in GT for 2022 year or basically there is no chance at all for this?
they wouldn't DARE sully/cheapen their "spechul" car by giving a part to the lowly GT. Plus I doubt Tremec necessarily has the manufacturing slack to say double unit count. The GT350 only sold 6000/yr. The Mach might do slightly more (eg. 8000) but if you gave the GT the Tremec option they'd probably be on the hook for at least 15,000 units a year.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The good news is, now that the Tremec has got the rev match feature, it will be possible to retrofit it to a post-2019 GT. In Europe the Mach 1 is approximately 13,000 euros more expensive than a GT. A Tremec geabox plus labour should be much less than that.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The good news is, now that the Tremec has got the rev match feature, it will be possible to retrofit it to a post-2019 GT. In Europe the Mach 1 is approximately 13,000 euros more expensive than a GT. A Tremec geabox plus labour should be much less than that.
- minus your warranty as well ...

Also if you are tracking your GT you are not having the coolers. If you are not tracking the car how much benefit is there for going through the hassle of replacing the trans.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also if you are tracking your GT you are not having the coolers. If you are not tracking the car how much benefit is there for going through the hassle of replacing the trans.
the TR comes with an integral pump. Of course if you're going to the trouble you buy the other pieces or fab up a solution. SLap a Mishimoto oil cooler on the front like GT/EB guys already do and simply plumb trans fluid to it instead of engine oil. Easy.

If you swap the TR into a car that never sees the track, you're not completely nuts, just a screw loose. :)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
the TR comes with an integral pump. Of course if you're going to the trouble you buy the other pieces or fab up a solution. SLap a Mishimoto oil cooler on the front like GT/EB guys already do and simply plumb trans fluid to it instead of engine oil. Easy.

If you swap the TR into a car that never sees the track, you're not completely nuts, just a screw loose. :)
I think the TR-3160 will fit in my 2017 as well at least I seen some guys swapping them from GT350's so there is a way. Hopefully we can buy one over the counter here.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I think the TR-3160 will fit in my 2017
Why ? Better ratios in your MT82 & according to Ben Camlier (and others) it's a stronger trans than the TR3160.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Why ? Better ratios in your MT82 & according to Ben Camlier (and others) it's a stronger trans than the TR3160.
My MT82 is already leaking and it's obviously having troubles with track driving if it was better for the track they wouldn't put the TR3160 in the GT350 and now the Mach 1. The ratios are close though so that's not an issue. Ben is fixing this MT82's all the time when they are tracked so he may say it's stronger just so he has business driven to him. However I'm sure Ford know better and that's why they are putting it in the track cars.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
However I'm sure Ford know better and that's why they are putting it in the track cars.
don't ascribe to 'technical superiority' what can be adequately explained by "nameplate dropping". If Ford really wanted stronger I expect they would have grabbed the TR6060 and asked for some ratio changes.

I would have swooned in orgasmic delight if the GT350R (and less likely the Mach) came with sequential. I mean if you're going to offer a 'track pack' why not do something useful instead of slapping some stickers and modest aero on it? Ala
https://www.ppgearbox.com/product-page/tremec-6-speed-h-pattern-gear-set
Sponsored

Last edited: