Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I also agree the fake light holes in the grille look like a blank that goes in place of an actual button on lower trim level cars from years past.
They are not fake, they are placeholders. Owner will have a choice to replace the knockouts with fog lights or a cooling package. Or leave them as they are if they like them that way.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
They are not fake, they are placeholders. Owner will have a choice to replace the knockouts with fog lights or a cooling package. Or leave them as they are if they like them that way.
Until they are replaced or knocked out, they are blanks and look bad, just like those old buttons and the blanks on the Hellcat steering wheel. The grille would look better a full consistent pattern without the blanks.

Edited to add: I think the grille would have looked better if they kept the "fangs" that are in the GT grille, maybe tweaked slightly, in lieu of the blank light holes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Until they are replaced or knocked out, they are blanks and look bad, just like those old buttons and the blanks on the Hellcat steering wheel. The grille would look better a full consistent pattern without the blanks.
They are there as a homage to the original Mach 1. Actually a very important stying cue from 1969.

1614483250992.jpeg

By the way the blank steering wheel buttons on the Dodge are just cheap.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
They are there as a homage to the original Mach 1. Actually a very important stying cue from 1969.

1614483250992.jpeg

I know exactly why they are there, but why didn't Ford put in some lights to actually make it similar to the original?

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
but why didn't Ford put in some lights to actually make it similar to the original?
while they wanted to leave the option up to you. They also wanted to make money selling you more accessories. I’m sure in a few months they’ll have lights or ducting to sell.

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
while they wanted to leave the option up to you. They also wanted to make money selling you more accessories. I’m sure in a few months they’ll have lights or ducting to sell.

Riiiiight and Toyota put all them slits and slices in a Supra because they are options that look good........ ROFL!

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey NotagainV2, this is about the Ford Mach1 only. Ford as we all know has a unique sales and marketing model that I don’t always agree with. While I do like the Mach1 and was on my list. I made my choice. What in my comments do you believe to be untrue. When did you become such an expert on my buying experiences?

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t know about a “bargain”.... I just “built” one on Ford site starting with the Premium and end tally was just shy of $59k... no discounts or incentives either.

The prices of new cars, regardless of Manufacturer, is getting ridiculous... I mean sooner or later, people who finance will need to take out 15yr loans....

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

1614483250992.jpeg

Indeed. But on the original Mach 1 they looked good, because they matched the main headlamps. On a modern Mustang, with its sharp, pointy LED loupes and its futuristic tri-bars, two big round 1970-style lamps on the grille would look awfully out of place. At least to me. :blush:
Otherwise I love the looks of the Mach 1, particularly the fancy stripe on the bonnet. I also like how it looks in that greenish grey ("Fighter Jet Grey" I believe it's called) with orange accents. :inlove:

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I don’t know about a “bargain”.... I just “built” one on Ford site starting with the Premium and end tally was just shy of $59k... no discounts or incentives either.

The prices of new cars, regardless of Manufacturer, is getting ridiculous... I mean sooner or later, people who fiancé will need to take out 15yr loans....
The ONLY reason to buy a Mach 1 is the Tremec now that the GT350 is gone and the GT500 is DCT.

Otherwise its an overpriced cosmetic package.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

The prices of new cars, regardless of Manufacturer, is getting ridiculous... I mean sooner or later, people who fiancé will need to take out 15yr loans....
Or they could just be more financially responsible and buy older cars or less equipped cars. The reason car prices are "increasing" (they really aren't if you account for inflation) is because credit has been easier for people to get and the mentality of "keeping up" encourages people to buy the most expensive vehicle the bank will allow them to. It's not like there aren't plenty of cheaper options out there that are still reliable, even if you have children.

With that said, I still agree the Mach 1's price is absurd. Ford's price increases in general are absurd. You simply aren't getting a good deal as a new buyer of those cars, and they won't have near of the depreciation curve of the GT350. New owners of the high trim cars will get hammered with no lube. If I was in that price bracket, I'd take a used GT350 any day of the week and save a few bucks doing so. Hell, its within spitting distance of the price of a Camaro ZL1! A car that will shit on it on track.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I know exactly why they are there, but why didn't Ford put in some lights to actually make it similar to the original?
You’ve been a member of this forum and you ask that question? Seriously, Ford knows darn well that if they included fog lights, people would demand cooling ducts. If they did cooling ducts people would complain about fog lights. So Ford did what was best and give owners options. Isn’t that what we all want?

This was discussed last year at the introduction. The options will be left to the aftermarket. This could change, of course, but I think if Ford were going to offer these we would have heard about already.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would look really cool to have some kind of LED ring around the outer edge of these fog light openings, leaving the center of the light a black hole.
Sponsored