Sponsored

Why Spend $50.00 ?

PJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
I think the claim that if you can’t spend $50 you shouldn’t buy a $40K car is fallible. Near 50% of Americans are financing their cars and is rising ( the interest average ranging from 5-10%). I doubt mustang owners are any different than the norm. I’d argue that that spending $40K to be in debt is more stupid than saving $50. And based on OPs past experience, what he’s doing is safe. Like the wise saying, “$5 is $5.” Lol
I completely agree. I'm also a member on the Corvette Forum, and, without fail, anytime someone posts a money saving or DIY tip, without fail someone will post a reply like this. It's as if you're expected to never try and save a buck because you can afford the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I think the claim that if you can’t spend $50 you shouldn’t buy a $40K car is fallible. Near 50% of Americans are financing their cars and is rising ( the interest average ranging from 5-10%). I doubt mustang owners are any different than the norm. I’d argue that that spending $40K to be in debt is more stupid than saving $50. And based on OPs past experience, what he’s doing is safe. Like the wise saying, “$5 is $5.” Lol
Thank you Mike, I knew there was more than one person with common sense. We Old Guys like to take something and make it better and if you save a buck in the process then you are ahead of the game. As a side note, I paid cash for my 18 GT. I am not wealthy and was raised in an orphanage and came from nothing so I think I could afford the $50.00. I just wanted to show that something could be adapted for a lot less money.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Thank you Mike, I knew there was more than one person with common sense. We Old Guys like to take something and make it better and if you save a buck in the process then you are ahead of the game. As a side note, I paid cash for my 18 GT. I am not wealthy and was raised in an orphanage and came from nothing so I think I could afford the $50.00. I just wanted to show that something could be adapted for a lot less money.
There's a good segment of owner that has the snobbery aspect to it, they have to be on a forum and meet their friends and talk up their $50 drain plug gadget or they'll go home and take a bottle of pills; validation.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
A little update. I researched the Ronin quick oil change plug and watched their videos. . The plus side it's a great idea and appears to be the answer for most of our members. The Negative side if you watch closely in their video. The Ronin plug sits higher in the oil pan drain hole and DOES NOT ALLOW ALL THE DIRTY OIL TO DRAIN. In their own words "About 1/2 cup of oil will remain". I believe we all know that what ever remains after draining anything is the WORST pile of debris and contaminants. So for $80.00 you get to add that crap back into the system and have it circulate through your engine bearings.
I'll take any negative comments you throw at me. For my money I'll stick with my low buck system knowing my oil was properly drained. And for less that $7.00 I'll replace my drain plug every 20 thousand miles.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Do whatever floats your boat. Keep in mind, even if you're leaving the drain plug out overnight and you have the front of the vehicle tilted up to help with draining the pan -there is still old oil in the engine. Of course I always make sure the engine is up to operating temp right before I jack it up and start my oil change. I bought the Ronin (with a coupon code I think it was like $60) because it will save me time. I can run a hose straight from the Ronin to my recycle oil container (not a drain pan). Maintaining two Mustangs, the F150, a Bronco and various project vehicles any saved time for me is WELL worth the money spent.

OP
OP
Sig556

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Do whatever floats your boat. Keep in mind, even if you're leaving the drain plug out overnight and you have the front of the vehicle tilted up to help with draining the pan -there is still old oil in the engine. Of course I always make sure the engine is up to operating temp right before I jack it up and start my oil change. I bought the Ronin (with a coupon code I think it was like $60) because it will save me time. I can run a hose straight from the Ronin to my recycle oil container (not a drain pan). Maintaining two Mustangs, the F150, a Bronco and various project vehicles any saved time for me is WELL worth the money spent.
I agree! And the fact that you can run a hose to your R/C is a plus. I may rethink this process where can I go to get a coupon?
Sponsored