Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If it will make you guys feel better,

It was an older camaro ss I guess 5th gen or whatever the F they call it.

We were on the highway he was showing off so I put it down to fifth and caught up with him, then yes I did pull him. I was on fifth and first time ever I went up to 7k rpm in my car.He tried tho, props to him.
Or maybe he was too busy looking at my fine ass ... 😜 😆
I am impressed. I never mooned whoever was loosing.

Uh oh, just gave ammunition to the auto trans crowd: car can shift while mooning.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
He sucked at driving is what happened and got beat by a female. That's enough shame for him.
ahh, now I know why you want a dash cam. :)
Both are badass cars and I certainly wouldn't mind having both.
yes life is good. All you'ns whining about a loud tick from the engine. I was sitting in the drive-thru and realized the Camaro's Direct-Injection makes one heck of a racket. Can't hear it otherwise though.

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
For me it was the comfort, price, overall looks and heritage that got me in my stang. Just something about seeing that 5.0 on the side of the car. My great grandfather had a mustang back in his day almost same color. If only he was alive to see mine.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why no Camaro? So many reasons.

I'm shallow so looks matter. The Camaro interior made me sick to my stomach. Same for the front end. Might be able to live with the exterior but wouldn't feel safe driving with a blindfold to avoid seeing the interior.

I abhor unnecessary body seams. I have passed on numerous cars over the years for that. A couple of Benzs when C-pillars had seams between quarter panels. And had to order a 4th gen Formula as a 'vert for the same reason. S550 unavoidable seam for the front facia: a few inches, straight as an arrow per side. Current Camaro? How many feet of gerrymandering?

The S-curve on the 18+ S550 hoods is pretty awful but at least you can buy an aftermarket hood without the atrocity.

The S550 was more comfortable than the 6th gen Camaro which could just be I'm closer to one of Ford's target customer body size/shape.

Cargo carrying capacity better in the S550.

Visibility in the Camaro didn't bother me a bit. And if I was going to track the car would probably prefer the Alpha chassis as a starting point. I ordered the first Alpha chassis car model in 2013 and was amazed.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
The front of the newer camaros are hot though.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
is that why you make sure to beat them? So you can gaze at them thru your rearview?
I don't go around doing it all the time. Just the guys that show off or the ones I think I'll beat that's all. I'm pretty sure yours will beat mine tho. I try to go for the older models 😆 I just take a chance ... they might also have a lot of mods done too of course and be faster. But there's always someone faster than everyone. Makes me happy so that's all that matters. Whether I win or lose.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Actually I have one of each in the garage. My 15 year old drives the Mustang. I drive the SS 1LE, and for the record, I've never had a Mustang pull away from me, not from a dig or rolling. Of course I've never run against a 350 or a 500....

I think the Mustang is a prettier car, particularly the 500.

That high revving engine in the GT is nice. One thing I've noticed is that the faster you go, the more the Mustang narrows the gap, but down low the Camaro rules. 455 torque vs 420, and lighter. 305/30/20s stock out back helps too.

OTH, the Mustang Ecoboost rules it's category easily over the Camaro turbo 4. Every time I've driven my son's car I've been pleasantly surprised.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
When I was a kid my mom had a 89 Camaro. RS white with T tops. I loved that friggin thing.

Next door neighbors stole it, getting chased by the cops they came up over this hill lost control. The ass tagged a telephone pole spun the car around passenger side hit a large oak tree broke in half and caught fire killing both dip shits. :bandit:

I will never forget going to see that car after the accident. The car in 2 pieces. That charcoal grey interior was burnt out and stains that I can only imagine were once the neighbor kids.

That was the last cool Camaro

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Meh, the only Camaro that interests me in the slightest would be the '70-'73 big mouth cars with the split bumpers. Love them.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If it will make you guys feel better,

It was an older camaro ss I guess 5th gen or whatever the F they call it.

We were on the highway he was showing off so I put it down to fifth and caught up with him, then yes I did pull him. I was on fifth and first time ever I went up to 7k rpm in my car.He tried tho, props to him.
Or maybe he was too busy looking at my fine ass ... 😜 😆
200.gif