Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
1. I'll do the Pepsi Challenge with any Ford or Porsche engineer there is. Generally speaking, I'm better than they are, have fewer corporate limitations and, most importantly, I know which compromises I'm willing to make. Even if they had a couple dozen Adrian Newey's running around, they have a different end product in mind than I want.

2. Are you speaking for me as well? Because I don't agree with your premise.
LOL, I'd love to be a fly on the wall seeing you trying to "school" those engineers.

Porsche Engineer "How would you improve the GT3 RS?"

TeeLew "Uhh, put a procharger on it with an email tune!"

😂

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
To be fair, accountant have as much (if not more) to do with the final product as the engineers. If I had an unlimited budget and no rules to follow, the MikMobile (Trademark held by MikCorp Automotive) would be the greatest car ever built.
I'd say the closest you're going to find to a no compromise car without accountant input would be Gordon Murray's T.50.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I never gave the gen 5 or 6 Camaro's a thought all these years. After i traded my modded 2013 C6 for a new 2019 C7 and all the trouble it had i went to the Camaro since i was never gonna touch another C7 with the A8 trans and waiting for a C8 to come down in price will take years. So it was gonna be a newer GT or a Camaro and i went with the 2021 LT1. If the C7 had the A10 trans in the 2019's i may have gone for one of them. Should have just kept my C6 for two more years.
Agreed, love the c6 vettes over c7. Bought brand new lt2 a8 c7 vette in 15. Great car, but a lot of little issues. Went cheap on my 18 GT pp1 base spur of moment Fathers day gift. Had both for a while, but the E85 tuned a10 ran better overall and could not justify the the almost double plastic fantastic imo...

Last edited:

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Let's not forget the new Camaro shares it's underpinnings and platform with the FM Alpha platform used on the ATS, CTS, and CT4 Cadillac's. WIth out this, the Camaro would have been left in the dust.

I think it is safe to say that the aftermarket for any of the current American Muscle cars is broad and wide. You can find whatever you want. I'm new to Ford and the Mustang, and find it interesting that there is so much interchangeability. Was very much the same with mid year Porsche 911 cars. When I did a full restoration on a 1976, I was able to straight bolt on suspension, brakes, body and chassis parts from 74-84. As such, though my car is NA, it has a full 84 Turbo brake system (MC/Calipers/Rotors)

The last Camaro to interest me (or Firebird for that matter) was 1968/69 model years.

The new ones suffer from what most GM/Chevy cars do these days, they look more like Hot Wheels than real cars. The combo fan and temp dials with the center vents and most of the controls are laughable IMO. The Ford is simple, tasteful, and looks higher quality to my eye.
I have 68 camaro and and 19 camaro..there so far apart and different , both great in there own right.

Jasper5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Coupe
Hi Folks, Happy New Year!

I owned a 2015 Camaro SS for a few years as a summer fun car. The LS3 engine with 6 speed definitely has more low end grunt than my current 2015 Mustang GT, but it was heavier car and needed more power to motivate it properly. The 20" cast wheels were battleship heavy on the SS.

Truth be told, I thoroughly enjoyed driving it for 3 years, but after binge watch the Mandalorian this week, I can't help but see the similarities in the Mando's helmut and the grill of the SS....I know..losing it already in 2021.
DSC_1417-X2.jpg

huc-ff-000185-L.jpg

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Hi Folks, Happy New Year!

I owned a 2015 Camaro SS for a few years as a summer fun car. The LS3 engine with 6 speed definitely has more low end grunt than my current 2015 Mustang GT, but it was heavier car and needed more power to motivate it properly. The 20" cast wheels were battleship heavy on the SS.

Truth be told, I thoroughly enjoyed driving it for 3 years, but after binge watch the Mandalorian this week, I can't help but see the similarities in the Mando's helmut and the grill of the SS....I know..losing it already in 2021.
DSC_1417-X2.jpg

huc-ff-000185-L.jpg
Hi I was expecting you to say it made you feel like you were looking out of the Mandolorian's helmet lol. Nice car I had 2013 SS for just over 6 years that I traded in on my current GT.

It was a pretty good car but I got bored of the retro look thing and the mustang was a pretty good bargain for what you get.

It's funny whenever I see a 6th Gen Camaro I could swear the windows are narrower than my 5th Gen's were and they were pretty narrow.....

IMG_5338.JPG

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have owned a bunch of Fords, Chevys and MOPARS. I have no brand loyalty. I do stay away from German cars though for various reasons. I bought my Camaro SS on a whim when shopping for a C7 Corvette. It was on the showroom floor with the top down and when they fired it up to take it outside for a test drive I knew I was going to buy it. It doesn't sound as good as the Ford V8's but pretty good. It was comfortable and since it was a 2SS Fifty Anniversary Edition had a distinctive front end that I really like better than a Mustang. Of course looks are subjective. I have my share of issues with it. The infamous A8 shutter where they flush the trans 3 times. Had that done twice each time with a different fluid. My remote sensor located in the car went bad and the car would not start. Several recalls but I still like the car a lot. I know the Mustang also has some issues but probably not as many as I have had. It comes down to what you like in either car. Camaro has more torque giving you the impression of being faster than the Mustang GT which is what I prefer. The thing with a GM car is you better get an extended warranty which I did. For a family car it's Honda, Toyota and Hyundai (long warranty).

20171028_135849.jpg
50th anniversary. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I can't see myself paying that much for any car. Spending in total though is a possibility. I could see a project build some day. If not an original, a restomod, or kit car.
I think modded classics will be worth more than originals at some point. But that might be my bias because I don't put originality on a pedestal.

Guess im the type of person that can appreciate any well performing sports car. Even if it beats mine.

Appreciate it. Car setup is stock 2ss 1le with tint. Lol. Havent modded it yet as i just got it.
I like the look of a white 1LE with the black hood. I like the look, but I would never buy one because I know the matte hood would look terrible in a couple weeks and I'd have to live with it. Good for a photo and for people who have the patience to care for it, but not for me. If I could buy a 1LE package without the matte hood and get a discount I would consider it.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
LOL, I'd love to be a fly on the wall seeing you trying to "school" those engineers.

Porsche Engineer "How would you improve the GT3 RS?"

TeeLew "Uhh, put a procharger on it with an email tune!"

😂
Sometimes, when you're talking shit on the internet, you're not talking to who you think you are.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I like the look of a white 1LE with the black hood. I like the look, but I would never buy one because I know the matte hood would look terrible in a couple weeks and I'd have to live with it. Good for a photo and for people who have the patience to care for it, but not for me. If I could buy a 1LE package without the matte hood and get a discount I would consider it.
You can peel it off, there are many people on camaro6 that have. But anyways, the wrap will look good as long as you allow it to. Ive had wraps last a long time

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Sometimes, when you're talking shit on the internet, you're not talking to who you think you are.
I, probably like many on here, don't know who you are - who are you and what makes you better than Porsche's engineers? When many of us see that type of comment, we think "Huh, really?"

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
just use a heat gun and rip the wrap off.
What could possibly go wrong? And would it be covered by warranty on my new car?

You can peel it off, there are many people on camaro6 that have. But anyways, the wrap will look good as long as you allow it to. Ive had wraps last a long time
I'm probably being unreasonable, but I don't like the matte hood thing. It's kind of a cool idea, but I'd prefer to delete it and pay $500-1,000 less for the car.

I, probably like many on here, don't know who you are - who are you and what makes you better than Porsche's engineers? When many of us see that type of comment, we think "Huh, really?"
Porsche has some good stuff. If they'd just use a V8 in the 911 it would be a much better car.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
What could possibly go wrong? And would it be covered by warranty on my new car?

I'm probably being unreasonable, but I don't like the matte hood thing. It's kind of a cool idea, but I'd prefer to delete it and pay $500-1,000 less for the car.

Porsche has some good stuff. If they'd just use a V8 in the 911 it would be a much better car.
Why would anything go wrong with removing a wrap? How much do you know about wraps? If anything, it protects the paint on the hood. Im sure if you are buying a 1le, they will remove it for you after you buy it. They are discounted right now, and considerably cheaper than even a pp1 premium. Its already a great deal, a wrap is what keeps you from it? I doubt that for some reason. Especially if your reason is itll "look bad". Wraps look great for years if you dont mistreat your car.

Yeah you're being unreasonable. Lol. Ford wont let you take off their factory installed stripes on a gt and get a discount for it, why would chevy with the 1le? You are the one wanting to remove a factory installed option that at the very least protects paint. At the most it looks good, will last a while, and reduces glare for the performance data recorder.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
A V8 might create some packaging issues, plus probably heavier weight hanging out over the rear may not be ideal. Not sure it would make a better 911. Plus, Porsche's little 3.8 liter 6 cylinder makes probably 750 hp, based on the 911 Turbo S trap speed of 137 mph.