Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Sounds fun! Ill be home for a couple months after my training to be a special agent. Ill let ya know!
Please do. Hit me PM here and Ill give you my cell. We love to drink beer! And appreciate you for your service.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Dude, I’m pushing 50 and my 18 would crush everything performance wise back then. My point was the trend of spending was the people who lived in that era and drove those cars during that era. Relive the “magic years” for the money makers. For every generation those years just move forward. So....yes, the late 90’s forward shit will get hot and already is. ;).
When I was 50 I was actually doing my own restomod project on 1979 Chevy Malibu that I'd bought new. When done, It too would crush most everything from 1979. I never added up how much I spent on that particular build, but wouldn't have been anywhere near $100k in today's money. At a quick guess, it'd have been more like $25k today.

Guys - I just can't stay up so late any more. Two pages and change while I was sleeping . . . sheesh.

Norm

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was at keesler in Biloxi Mississippi for a few months.
we all had to do that as 33s1c's. It was fun wading up half the runway in hip-deep water. I even got to fly out of there on a Citation Jet burn-unit plane once.

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Oh here we go. Now its the camaro owners who also happen to have a new mustang bandwagon. Ok. Maybe you didnt read my first comments on this camaro thread praising the engineering ford puts into the mustang. Perhaps you have forgotten that Shelbys are mustangs. All parts can be put into any s550. Engine swaps included. Bigger brakes needed? No problem. Stiffer suspension needed? No problem. Cooling issues? No problem. Theres a fix for all of this. Take it from the shelby or buy the upgraded parts the shelby owners upgrade to. Ford already did the engineering and now its up to the owner to build it how he/she likes it. Ever heard of building your car? Well, thats a legacy mustang owners have established for over 50+ years. Camaro had to take a break and change tampons. Also, Dont try to sell people on this forum your bull crap about how your new camaro kicks your 5 month old mustangs ass. We all know you are not that good of a driver and even the professionals can barely beat each other taking turns in the 2 models head to head.
Let's not forget the new Camaro shares it's underpinnings and platform with the FM Alpha platform used on the ATS, CTS, and CT4 Cadillac's. WIth out this, the Camaro would have been left in the dust.

I think it is safe to say that the aftermarket for any of the current American Muscle cars is broad and wide. You can find whatever you want. I'm new to Ford and the Mustang, and find it interesting that there is so much interchangeability. Was very much the same with mid year Porsche 911 cars. When I did a full restoration on a 1976, I was able to straight bolt on suspension, brakes, body and chassis parts from 74-84. As such, though my car is NA, it has a full 84 Turbo brake system (MC/Calipers/Rotors)
We’ve all made a decision for various reasons. What is the point here? The Camaro does nothing for me, never has never will. Same can be said of Mustangs for other guys. You’ve ordered what you want, enjoy it have fun with it. I hope it treats you well.
The last Camaro to interest me (or Firebird for that matter) was 1968/69 model years.

The new ones suffer from what most GM/Chevy cars do these days, they look more like Hot Wheels than real cars. The combo fan and temp dials with the center vents and most of the controls are laughable IMO. The Ford is simple, tasteful, and looks higher quality to my eye.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Agreed. Im only really thinking some lighter wheels and maybe a borla npp exhaust for now
Nice SS 1LE; so we're both converting to a Camaro. I really like the SS 1LE wheels, and they are forged aluminum! The factory SS 1LE wheels have a nice dish. How much do they weigh? I believe the factory ZL1 wheels are the same size (20x10 front and 20x11 rear) as the SS 1LE and are forged as well, and weigh 30 lbs each. Even though they are bigger and wider than the GT PP1 wheels, they are still ~3 lbs lighter.

I know the lighter weight is tempting, though. I like the GT PP1 wheels, but I changed them on my Mustang and saved 36 lbs.

Borla exhaust is crazy expensive for the ZL1, so I'll probably keep the stock system for a while after I get the car.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Nice SS 1LE; so we're both converting to a Camaro. I really like the SS 1LE wheels, and they are forged aluminum! The factory SS 1LE wheels have a nice dish. How much do they weigh? I believe the factory ZL1 wheels are the same size (20x10 front and 20x11 rear) as the SS 1LE and are forged as well, and weigh 30 lbs each. Even though they are bigger and wider than the GT PP1 wheels, they are still ~3 lbs lighter.

I know the lighter weight is tempting, though. I like the GT PP1 wheels, but I changed them on my Mustang and saved 36 lbs.

Borla exhaust is crazy expensive for the ZL1, so I'll probably keep the stock system for a while after I get the car.
Thank you! I think ive read the ss 1le wheels weigh the same 30lbs. I love the stock wheels but a spare set is always nice

Im currently looking at a borla npp axleback with carbon fiber tips for 1.7k. They arent cheap haha. I wanna say the exhaust is the same as the zl1 too no?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
MRR makes a couple wheels that are clones for a very reasonable price.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
A 2017-2019 ZL1 Camaro is strong value proposition overall especially in low mile used market 48-52. I drove a 10 speed and outside the bunker like interior very impressive car. 👍💪🏻 Idaho!

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I never gave the gen 5 or 6 Camaro's a thought all these years. After i traded my modded 2013 C6 for a new 2019 C7 and all the trouble it had i went to the Camaro since i was never gonna touch another C7 with the A8 trans and waiting for a C8 to come down in price will take years. So it was gonna be a newer GT or a Camaro and i went with the 2021 LT1. If the C7 had the A10 trans in the 2019's i may have gone for one of them. Should have just kept my C6 for two more years.