Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
What? All of the proposals I've seen for sideview cameras place the screen on the A-pillar. That puts it basically at the same distance from the eyes as the mirror. You're not focusing "into the distance", you're focusing on the reflection in a mirror. The human body is an an incredible machine, especially the peepers. Maybe YOU couldn't adjust, but the majority of people would have no problem. BMW drivers would still ignore their turn signals :crackup:, even though they would be able to see you better.
While i agree, it IS pretty trippy. At least at first. I cant say ive driven it long term to tell if i would get used to it. But you can always turn it off to be a regular mirror as well

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
All of the proposals I've seen for sideview cameras place the screen on the A-pillar.
the likelihood of a mirror failing = 0.000001
likelihood of any of camera lens, bloody solder joints on the PCB, the cable connector, the cable (you know zip-tied so tight it cuts thru the wires) failing, the LCD screen failing = 0.001 (WAG)

$100 solution to a 10 cent problem. WTF is wrong with people?

17Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2013 4Runner, 2015 BMW 328i
Simple came down Comfort and visibility. You have to appreciate the performance of the Camaro though.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I had a '19 GT. Got rid of it simply b/c the 2nd gear grind annoyed me. Probably an overreaction but I got it so cheap, barely lost any $. Ended up with a Camaro SS A10. I personally like the Camaro better b/c to me, the seats are vastly superior and the car sits lower and feels sportier, handles better. But if not for that 2nd gear grind, I would have kept the GT and been very happy with it. I really like both cars.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well boys... I made my decision. I went out and looked at both yesterday and today. 4 different dealers, 2 ford and 2 Chevy. And I think it’s going to be a 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE in orange with the now available A10 auto. It’s going to be a factory order. I’m getting only the 1LE option as well as the A10. Like said above you are only missing the heated/vented seats and the wireless charging.
It’s really about the fact that this will be a pure pleasure only driver for me. I’m in Florida and I work from home. The only miles it will see are for hot rodding around the Tampa/Clearwater/st Pete area on evenings and weekends.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well boys... I made my decision. I went out and looked at both yesterday and today. 4 different dealers, 2 ford and 2 Chevy. And I think it’s going to be a 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE in orange with the now available A10 auto. It’s going to be a factory order. I’m getting only the 1LE option as well as the A10. Like said above you are only missing the heated/vented seats and the wireless charging.
It’s really about the fact that this will be a pure pleasure only driver for me. I’m in Florida and I work from home. The only miles it will see are for hot rodding around the Tampa/Clearwater/st Pete area on evenings and weekends.
A10 manual? Haha jk. Ooop. You edited it before i finished.

Yeah i have similar thoughts..eyeing a black one and a white one. 1ss 1le seems the way to go over the 2ss. Only difference is ill be going manual as thats one big reason for me even considering the swap.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The only miles it will see are for hot rodding around the Tampa/Clearwater/st Pete area on evenings and weekends.
you have to go about an hour north to find any "curves"... At least you can regale us on your exploits at Bradenton dragstrip. :) I used to work for WellCare, Nielson Media (Oldsmar) and Raytheon (St. Pete)

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Good choice. 1LE looks sick in orange and now with an A10 if you want.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I agree ..when they killed off Pontiac that really hurt..I had a 67 firebird wish I never let it go now..I'm glade still have my 67 Lemans . Definitely getting harder to see any Pontiac products anymore.
I'm a Firebird fan myself and I've owned a 74 and 98 in the past. If they still made them, I'd probably have one. I never was really into Chevy except the Vette so it wasn't a big deal to go with a Mustang.

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Because 6' 4"
I barely can get comfortable in the Mustang. Sitting in the Camaro feels like some sort of self torture.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What? All of the proposals I've seen for sideview cameras place the screen on the A-pillar. That puts it basically at the same distance from the eyes as the mirror. You're not focusing "into the distance", you're focusing on the reflection in a mirror. The human body is an an incredible machine, especially the peepers. Maybe YOU couldn't adjust, but the majority of people would have no problem. BMW drivers would still ignore their turn signals :crackup:, even though they would be able to see you better.
No, when looking into a mirror you are looking past the glass surface and at something in the distance. Try it in your bathroom mirror. Stand a couple of feet away, look at yourself, then refocus on the actual surface of the mirror, like on a water spot or something. Now, when looking at a car 50 feet behind you in a mirror, your focal point is 50 feet (give or take, because of your distance between your eyes and the mirror itself). Then to look at a digital screen you have to refocus to about 14-18" (give or take).

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If its only for pleasure, get the manual ;)

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If its only for pleasure, get the manual ;)
I thought about it. But I’m just past rowing gears now. Plus I want to put some slicks and skinnies on it and run at the drag strip too. I will most likely do some road course track days here and there but it will be mostly for back roads and drag.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I thought about it. But I’m just past rowing gears now. Plus I want to put some slicks and skinnies on it and run at the drag strip too. I will most likely do some road course track days here and there but it will be mostly for back roads and drag.
Still a good choice. For purely fun and performance you can't go wrong with the Camaro