Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I get to play with both lol, honestly the reason I’m in a mustang was price. I got a 50k Mustang for 39. Best I could find even a 1SS 1LE was 44. My boy ended up getting the 1LE, the one I was looking at and a week later I got the GT. In the end it’s better aftermarket and all for the mustang as we all know, his car sucks as far as doing anything. Tuning options, and even after “FBO” I still walk him every where.... all that said if we went to a road corse that 1LE would run circles around my GT. Driving it shows all the downfalls of my car especially the shitty ass MT82. That trans and FFS on the 1LE shifts so fast and smooth it damn near seamless. And sounds soooooo good. So for me it was price. I’m not a brand whore I enjoy driving his car.

1A521A7E-5ED6-4518-BF14-A2211651DD2B.jpeg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I don't like the front end of the Camaro, nor do I like the interior design... especially the center console and air outlets. The Mustang has more room in the back seat. I was seriously considering a 2015 ZL1, but I wanted a warranty.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The 1le package on the ss makes it even better and more of a difference against the mustang vs the regular ss. The seats..shifter..steering wheel..HUD..and appearance of the 1le are great. Just have to decide on personal prefefence and what is worth it.

42k for a 1ss 1le is pretty hard to beat though tbh.
On paper the 1LE smashes a PP GT, but you'll only really notice on a track or a really curvy road, something 90% of buyers in this segment don't care about unfortunately

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Camaro's fuel tank door is on the wrong side, that and super cramped interior. I liked driving the ss 1le more than a pp mustang but I wanted to supercharge it and the coyote is a better candidate for boost.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Camaro's fuel tank door is on the wrong side, that and super cramped interior. I liked driving the ss 1le more than a pp mustang but I wanted to supercharge it and the coyote is a better candidate for boost.
100%. If i did a camaro..i think it would be a ss 1le with probably just heads and a cam. At least for a while

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
On paper the 1LE smashes a PP GT, but you'll only really notice on a track or a really curvy road, something 90% of buyers in this segment don't care about unfortunately
True.

To me the manual felt better, and is stronger. The 1le interior options are great too imo. (Seats, steering wheel, etc)

I prefer the coyote engine.

Looks are subjective but i enjoy them about the same.

Hard to fault either car for the price though.

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Terrible visibility and less trunk space. As far as looks go I think both cars look equally good.

I prefer the mustangs interior design, exhaust note, and heritage more as well. I debated what car to get for months when I was first considering purchasing a mustang or camaro. Went with a 2018 A10, premium, black appareance pkg, and active exhaust. Could be happier! The sales numbers also speak for themselves!

The camaro, however, is a rarer car on the street (which can be a plus). And the newest generation handles very, very well.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
Well, I actually shopped around quite a bit. I hated the interior of the Camaro, and the rear end is seriously ugly. I was looking at LT1's , and couldn't find one I liked anywhere close to here. There were around 20 of them in DFW , and nobody was particularly interested in making a deal on one. I decided to look at the Ford again, and decided on my Mustang vs ordering a Camaro. I got the A10, the 3.55's and I paid a price that I thought was fair. It's a win for me :thumbsup:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The Camaro was fun to drive, but it had terrible visibility and I felt as though I was sitting in an old cast iron bathtub with the side window sill line as high as it is.

Last edited:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I didn't shop the two because the wife had a Camaro a few years ago, and although I thought the drivetrain was great, I didn't care for the rest of it, including the ride, the visibility (HA! There, I said it) and just a general feel of claustrophobia. Oh, and the paint was horrible (panel colors didn't match). I've always been a GM man, but this time I went Ford. No regrets.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I've contemplated selling my mustang and truck and getting a C8. Unfortunately my wife believes that people with corvettes are looking for girlfriends and she's not open to that idea either....
Your wife doesn't let you date my ex was like that too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The last couple times I've compared the Camaro with Mustang looking to buy the big things for me were the shifter feel and the way the engine revs out. To me the shifter seems cheap - I assume it's the shifter, but it could be the transmission as well. I realize the Camaro has a Tremec vs. the Getrag in the Mustang, so it's possible that it's not the shifter. Anyway, shifting is an important part of driving to me and that was a key factor. I also didn't like the clutch in the Camaro as much.

Engine - we all know the GM products have the cam in block big cubes, low RPM engines. I think those engines are typically best in pickups and station wagons. I prefer a higher revving engine in a sporty car.

For me the feeling of being in a cave in the Camaro was something I disliked intensely. I'm not talking about visibility like you forbid us talking about. I think I'm decent with monitoring mirrors and visualizing/remembering where other cars are. I didn't have any problems when I was driving with seeing other cars. But the feeling of being in a cave was not good.

Other controls/interior I can't say I have used them enough to develop a preference. Nothing negative/positive jumped out at me from short test drives.

Anyway - if you are really looking I would advise you to check out Challenger as well. If I weren't hooked on the road course I might have one. The Challenger has some things I don't like in the Camaro like the pushrod engine, but the Challenger isn't trying to be as sporty. It's more of a street bruiser, which I love. I think it has a better interior than the Camaro by far, also a better engine IMO. I like the way the Challenger lays on the road. It doesn't feel twitchy or on edge. It's comfy and powerful. And the Challenger is a lot better looking than the Camaro as well.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Because Im heterosexual
Of course you are, Fruity.

I bought the Mustang because of looks, interior and mod options but mostly so I wouldn't risk brain damage on the Camaro forums.

Of course if it had been the other way around, I would have neither since my son is an engineer at Ford.

Last edited: