Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I'm about to give this camaro back to mother earth if I don't start restoring it soon ..
20210710_203216.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm about to give this camaro back to mother earth if I don't start restoring it soon ..
20210710_203216.jpg
:like:ferocious dog guarding that treasure.

Last edited:

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Coming out of a 20 year love affair with an E36 M3, I had high expectations for what I wanted. Drove most everything 40 - 50K, Including several trims of the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang, Ă nd a ton of other cars new and used.

Ended in a 2020 Bullitt new for $44k and mostly love it. Would like a bit more steering feel, but the rest of the car is sublime (other than being a Ford).

Why not the Camaro? I HATED the interior, controls, visibility, and that "to me" it has a cartoonish gimmicky look to everything. Really wanted to like it, but the exclusiveness and overall balance of looks, comfort, performance, and usability of the Bullitt won the day. If I hadn't bought the Bullitt, if a Mustang, it would have been a destriped GT350.
And THAT is what sells these cars. The blind spot issue is something iv heard for years about the Camaro, its odd to me GM wouldnt correct this in some way by now?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
And THAT is what sells these cars. The blind spot issue is something iv heard for years about the Camaro, its odd to me GM wouldnt correct this in some way by now?
They have with the cameras I thought. BLISS or whatever they call it?

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Really it's not that bad in the camaro 6 gen .once you have the seats and mirrors adjusted ..its been fine .I'm more bugged by the location of the fuel door .

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Really it's not that bad in the camaro 6 gen .once you have the seats and mirrors adjusted ..its been fine .I'm more bugged by the location of the fuel door .
It was the main reason I sold my 2011 SS. I couldn’t stand the hold your breath and pray lane change manure.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
on 2ss trim and no, it's NEVER acceptable to "fix" a design problem with a technology crutch.
Have to disagree. I don't know if Camaros use them but cameras can be superior to any mirror system. Would love to be able to see more and with less eye movement from the road that cameras could offer in any car.

And Mustangs have blind spot warning. Are they a good thing when they are not needed (they have little use in Mustangs with proper mirror adjustment) but a bad thing in cars with worse visibility?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
on 2ss trim and no, it's NEVER acceptable to "fix" a design problem with a technology crutch.
I agree with this. But times are changing. If we learned to drive in a car with only cameras instead of windows, it would be normal to us. We learned to drive turning our heads and looking with our eyes everywhere. Kids are now learning to drive with these camera features and turning a head to look is deemed more dangerous because eyes are off the road like @HoosierDaddy is saying. When you do a head check to change lanes, there is always a chance of running into someone that slams on their brakes, small with proper following distance but always there. If you don’t have to head check anymore, the chance should be lessened right? FYI I also currently have a hard time trusting cameras lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And Mustangs have blind spot warning. Are they a good thing when they are not needed (they have little use in Mustangs with proper mirror adjustment) but a bad thing in cars with worse visibility?
augmenting driver awareness has it's own benefits. And no BLISS doesn't come on Mustang unless you have the Premium trims. I think it should be standard on all cars even the ecno-sh*tboxes not as a crutch for lousy design but it costs next to nothing and the quality of the driver is so appalling it's worth the 'HEY YOU PAY THE F*CK ATTENTION' aspect.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
When you do a head check to change lanes, there is always a chance of running into someone that slams on their brakes, small with proper following distance but always there.
I headcheck all the time on the Bike because mirrors are useless - not much utility to checking out out my 20" biceps. Have yet to even come close to nailing somebody. A head-check is not crane your neck around and move back and forth trying to see past the B-piller. It take 1/3 second if that. No different than turning your head to look at the passenger-side mirror.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Camera's are nice. Not having to turn your head is a good thing. I like my Heads Up Display for the same reason, no need to take my eyes off the road to see my speed, rpm, gear, g force, and whether rev match is on.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
You don't need a camera w/display to NOT turn your head. I don't turn my head to look back over my shoulders for lane changes because I have my mirrors adjusted properly with no blind spots to traffic in other lanes -- yes, even in my ZL1.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
This might offend some...but I feel the styling of the current Camaro, ever since it was resurrected, has not been great. The interior has never been great either, from some weird placement of vents and touchscreen to just not being able to see out of it very well. That said, the performance is impossible to deny. The Camaro outperforms the Mustang seemingly 90% of the time or more. It's achievements are extremely impressive. But to me the Mustang is better looking and just has the nostalgic appeal.