bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I still like the Camaro styling. The 5th gen was a home run styling wise. The 6th gen is still a good looking car. But every time Chevy changes something on the 6th gen. They make things worse instead of better. Looks Isn’t the Camaros problem.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Took me forever to reverse using the camera. Now I can't imagine turning my physical body in meatspace. The reverse camera offers a far better view than turning around ever did. The cars I've driven with 360 parking cams are also fucking magic.
Had a rental 2018ish? Nissan Armada once. Had all the cameras and it was awesome. Several things about that vehicle to include pulling a truck out of some mud, still leaves such an impression that if I was in the SUV market, an Armada would get my first serious look. Co worker just bought an A6 and let me give it a good look over. All the cameras in that thing are really cool too. Basically drives itself. Curious how the lane assist thing will work in an emergency situation though. He said it will move the steering wheel for you to stay in a lane unless turn signals are used. I'm sure a certain amount of force can override it for safety.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Took me forever to reverse using the camera. Now I can't imagine turning my physical body in meatspace. The reverse camera offers a far better view than turning around ever did. The cars I've driven with 360 parking cams are also fucking magic.
i have the rear backup camera in my 2020 Explorer. Still find myself using the old over the shoulder method.....old habits are hard to break. I've gotten better for using it backing into tight spots. :)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Oh no, automatics really do drive themselves :cwl:
As much as I love to drive, in some circumstances, I'm ready for the cars in the movie Timecop. No windows or anything and just tell it where to go even in a Van Damage accent. Think of all the extra 6G forum time we could have to complain about the very things giving us that time!!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
i have the rear backup camera in my 2020 Explorer. Still find myself using the old over the shoulder method.....old habits are hard to break. I've gotten better for using it backing into tight spots. :)
I'm currently about 60/40 with 40 being camera use when backing up the mustang.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I wish they had included a chin camera, or at least a forward parking assist warning. With the long ass hood it's hard to tell where the front end is. My depth perception is not the best, and I prefer not to park by braille.
Fun fact: As seen on youtube and confirmed with my 2019 mustang and the wife's 2013 Accord, the bottom of the side mirror housing when "flush" with the curb, leaves about an inch or so of space between the curb and nose of the car. I'm anxious to test this in many different types of cars.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
, the bottom of the side mirror housing when "flush" with the curb, leaves about an inch or so of space between the curb and nose of the car
damn it man, why are you pointing out driver-self-awareness observations instead of bleating for an expensive solution? Next thing you'll be asking for a 3/4 chase or satellite camera view so you can get equally between the painted lines. Damn it man, progress requires slavery to tech. Your overlords, nay your King have declared it.

And anyway Mik, what's with this back into a garage crap. you always go nose in. Otherwise when you start it up the exhaust fills the room instead of venting out the open garage door.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
augmenting driver awareness has it's own benefits. And no BLISS doesn't come on Mustang unless you have the Premium trims. I think it should be standard on all cars even the ecno-sh*tboxes not as a crutch for lousy design but it costs next to nothing and the quality of the driver is so appalling it's worth the 'HEY YOU PAY THE F*CK ATTENTION' aspect.
Is that you, Norm?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
@Mikthehun1 @shogun32 Hhahah okay I obviously didn't explain that well at all.

Nose in parking. Lines on either side and nose to the curb. To avoid hitting the curb, it's easy to judge distance using side mirror housing. The bottom of the housing will look like it's at the top of the curb from the drivers seat. Get out and your ground effects will be about an inch from the curb. As I'm writing this, I realize seat positioning has to play a part as well. I saw it on a "life hack" youtube video and tried it on both my mustang and the wife's Honda and now use this method to judge how far to pull into a spot.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wish they had included a chin camera, or at least a forward parking assist warning. With the long ass hood it's hard to tell where the front end is. My depth perception is not the best, and I prefer not to park by braille.
Same here. My wife's 18' Escape had this as does her 21' XC60.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yeah, driver/seat height is going to play a big part in this. Not risking front end to test it either :giggle:
I tested in an empty lot with a painted line so no risk of hitting anything. For me and my seat setup, it happens to work as advertised.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Lines on either side and nose to the curb. To avoid hitting the curb, it's easy to judge distance using side mirror housing.
I've doing this for ages. I do it with my F150, 'stang and ex-Camaro. You just have to figure out where the intersection is for your particular car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And anyway Mik, what's with this back into a garage crap. you always go nose in. Otherwise when you start it up the exhaust fills the room instead of venting out the open garage door.
It's called being able to get your door open. I tried nosing the Mustang in and found myself twisting my back to get out. The exhaust is no issue. Start it, and pull right out.

IMG_2392.jpeg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I also start the cars with the door closed, so I can hear that sweet sweet cold start rumble :rockon:

The garage isn't closed long enough for the 30 seconds of exhaust gases to do a damn thing in the 600 sq ft, high ceiling space.
When I put new axle backs on I started the car with the garage door closed and the wife sleeping in the room right above the garage. My test drive then lasted long enough for her to not want to throw a night stand at me.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
It's called being able to get your door open. I tried nosing the Mustang in and found myself twisting my back to get out. The exhaust is no issue. Start it, and pull right out.

IMG_2392.jpeg
Only put the mustang in my little ass "2 car" garage and angle in to open the long door.

And your garage is amazing! Super jelly!