Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My wife uses navigation to get to our mailbox, she doesn't know where anything is without it. I'll use it if it's a new place in a new area like when I travel for work but otherwise don't. If I've been there once, I can get there again without help 99% of the time. Remember knowing all your friends phone numbers as a kid? Thanks to cell phones I only know 2 numbers.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My wife uses navigation to get to our mailbox, she doesn't know where anything is without it. I'll use it if it's a new place in a new area like when I travel for work but otherwise don't. If I've been there once, I can get there again without help 99% of the time. Remember knowing all your friends phone numbers as a kid? Thanks to cell phones I only know 2 numbers.
im driving from california to georgia soon..with a timeline. you can bet im going to be using my phone navigation for that.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
you can bet im going to be using my phone navigation for that.
Yeah I use my phone all the time. Basically consists of 'hey google, take me too' boom, there haha.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I still own a Thomas guide

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
No, man up and just start heading west
he won't get far. Water and sand aren't good for forward progress.

But I agree in principle. schedule the trip for 3-4 days and check out interesting sites along the way. I did Las Vegas to DC in 2 days on my Triumph Daytona 855 and it was a mistake.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dad has a ‘13 mustang that is hella fun. Love my Ford Edge Sport... and finally, because a Mustang looks HELLA better than a Camaro (inside and out).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
i can see how it would be an issue for shorter people, same with the two little humps over the cluster.

being 6'4 neither of these are an issue. I dont even notice the humps at all honestly, and the HUD isn't at all blocking my sight. Its just less of an eye movement to see everything i need (i really appreciate the navigation feature and think it could be useful to some). Its obviously not a huge deal but it is a nice feature. Id wager anyone over average height wont have an issue with the HUD or those humps people seem to complain about.
I did like the HUD in my Z06. I thought it was nice. As a younger person I wouldn't have cared, but the HUD is a little easier to see with the bifocals compared to looking at the speedo in the dash. Perfect add on for the over 50 crowd.

I never noticed it when I was looking at traffic, but when I wanted to see my speed it was easy. The one thing I didn't like is if I set the brightness appropriately for night time it would be too dim in the day and vice versa.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did like the HUD in my Z06. I thought it was nice. As a younger person I wouldn't have cared, but the HUD is a little easier to see with the bifocals compared to looking at the speedo in the dash. Perfect add on for the over 50 crowd.

I never noticed it when I was looking at traffic, but when I wanted to see my speed it was easy. The one thing I didn't like is if I set the brightness appropriately for night time it would be too dim in the day and vice versa.
So you did have brightness issues. Interesting.

I have progressive glasses and with the distance difference between the dash and HUD, I would need to keep tilting my head in order to see the HUD. The dash is low enough that it naturally falls where the focus exists for that distance with my glasses. Same is true for the Mustang. If I need to tilt my head to see something, it is not useful. If the hologram was at dash distance, I would be able to read it with no issue. I wonder how many who need reading glasses also have this issue. If the average Pony car age is in the low 50's (which I think it is for the Mustang), that could be an important point to contemplate. The HUD is only useful... if you can read it.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
This area is a hella free zone, thank you for your compliance.
Dammit...really? I only learned the term 15 years ago from a Cali girl I met. It hadn't made it to TN. I have been trying to make up for decades of lost use since then.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So you did have brightness issues. Interesting.

I have progressive glasses and with the distance difference between the dash and HUD, I would need to keep tilting my head in order to see the HUD. The dash is low enough that it naturally falls where the focus exists for that distance with my glasses. Same is true for the Mustang. If I need to tilt my head to see something, it is not useful. If the hologram was at dash distance, I would be able to read it with no issue. I wonder how many who need reading glasses also have this issue. If the average Pony car age is in the low 50's (which I think it is for the Mustang), that could be an important point to contemplate. The HUD is only useful... if you can read it.
For me the dash is too far to see well through the reading lenses, but a little close and low for the far field part. The windshield is high enough that I am normally looking through the far field part of the lenses. It's also far enough away that I find it easier to focus on. And that works a lot better for me.

Maybe the real lesson here is that bifocals suck.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
would have to agree. I don't know anybody who drives with those.
I don't switch out glasses for different activities. I have the one pair I wear all the time. I'd hate to buy another pair - that money is better spent on Mustang parts.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't switch out glasses for different activities. I have the one pair I wear all the time. I'd hate to buy another pair - that money is better spent on Mustang parts.
glasses are like $100. There's even a nifty cubby to stash them in so they're always with your car. What Mustang parts can you buy for a Benjamin anyway...