Vehicle Showcase

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Around here they seem to be a lot more expensive. I got my 2018 GT Premium for less than the 2016 base SS Camaros were going for. Not sure why. I was actually close to buying a black 2016 SS 6 speed before I found my car. I do hate the visibility on Camaros though and here in the bay area it seems like more of them are driven by idiots (kinda like scat pack owners out here)
Hmm. Weird. Maybe its recent years? Im in cali too and i checked almost every dealership from northern cali to socal. Camaro was cheaper across the board for 2020 and 2021 years. That said last i checked kbb, the resale value of the camaro seems higher.

Agree on the scat packs

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hmm. Weird. Maybe its recent years? Im in cali too and i checked almost every dealership from northern cali to socal. Camaro was cheaper across the board for 2020 and 2021 years. That said last i checked kbb, the resale value of the camaro seems higher.

Agree on the scat packs
1SS went for more than 300A/301A GT when I was shopping, but that was before the LT1 was really actually available. Prices since the pandemic aren't really relevant anyway, everything is all messed up and inflated. Cars you used to be able to buy for closer to invoice are MSRP at a minimum lately.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
1SS went for more than 300A/301A GT when I was shopping, but that was before the LT1 was really actually available. Prices since the pandemic aren't really relevant anyway, everything is all messed up and inflated. Cars you used to be able to buy for closer to invoice are MSRP at a minimum lately.
I guess. I bought my 2ss 1le below invoice about a month ago so cant really relate.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I guess. I bought my 2ss 1le below invoice about a month ago so cant really relate.
California, eh??? Bet you're glad you got your purchase in before that model year 2021 thing involving SS and ZL1 brake pads kicked in.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have not seen in use a Camaro HUD. Is this what is so important, the RPM and Speed? Does it display anything else?
a11e999ee20dbb1c31ac7477f77352eb.jpg

Unless you can program the hud to display other data, that is a useless toy.
That is not something that would make me buy a car.
You do get a few options about what can be displayed. From the 2020 Camaro Owner Manual
The HUD may display different
alerts and information for vehicles
equipped with these features:
. Speed
. Audio
. Phone
. Navigation
. Performance
. Vehicle Messages
I like the idea of having some information available above the top of the dashboard, but I don't believe it belongs front and center. Camaro allows up/down adjustment but not side to side, so you can't move it over toward the A-pillar where it'd be out of your central vision cone but easier to find and focus on than anything in a conventional instrument panel.

Oddly enough, GM tacitly admits that HUD isn't without its own downsides. Again, from the Camaro OM (not that most people will ever find it)
Warning
If the HUD image is too bright or
too high in your field of view, it
may take you more time to see
things you need to see when it is
dark outside. Be sure to keep the
HUD image dim and placed low in
your field of view.
Caution
If you try to use the HUD image
as a parking aid, you may
misjudge the distance and
damage your vehicle. Do not use
the HUD image as a parking aid.

Norm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Bet you're glad you got your purchase in before that model year 2021 thing involving SS and ZL1 brake pads kicked in.
yeah he cries into his pillow every night with the guilt he's waging on ecological fronts and killing that oh-so-precious Smelt that nobody can find except in Gov't trap tanks. :)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
California, eh??? Bet you're glad you got your purchase in before that model year 2021 thing involving SS and ZL1 brake pads kicked in.

Norm
yeah man, its pretty funnny.

im PCSing soon anyways though so it wouldnt have affected me too much either way. It was nice being able to find one locally before it kicked in though.

whats weird is a lot of local dealerships had 1le's inbound that didnt arrive until the first or second week of january but are still selling them. So i guess as long as it was on its way (not on the lot) by the end of 2020, then it was good to go.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Oddly enough, GM tacitly admits that HUD isn't without its own downsides. Again, from the Camaro OM (not that most people will ever find it)

Norm
i can see how it would be an issue for shorter people, same with the two little humps over the cluster.

being 6'4 neither of these are an issue. I dont even notice the humps at all honestly, and the HUD isn't at all blocking my sight. Its just less of an eye movement to see everything i need (i really appreciate the navigation feature and think it could be useful to some). Its obviously not a huge deal but it is a nice feature. Id wager anyone over average height wont have an issue with the HUD or those humps people seem to complain about.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - If someone has been reading this thread in hopes of helping them decide which car to buy, they are probably more confused than ever - maybe even feeling schizophrenic. My advice is simply pick the one that catches your eye, just like dating when you were younger. You're not marrying this car and if you don't like it you can dump It without paying any alimony... Bruce

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
We had a HUD on a GMC Acadia. I always thought it was a bit overkill until I drove the Acadia a lot and swapping back to a car without a HUD was a real "what! I have to take my eyes off the road to check my speed!!" You'd be surprised how your brain looks through it, doesn't even focus on it but you know your speed to the mile per hour.

Not saying I'd pay thousands to have it, but if it came as part of some pack I wanted I wouldn't be upset at all. On the downside, the replacement glass prices are steep as they use a laminate that tapers from top to bottom to align the reflections so you dont get two slightly offset images.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard the 8 speed 7th gen vettes have a torque converter issue and they eat them like candy. Not sure what year that was fixed.
Not just vettes. All Chevy vehicles with that 8 speed. The fluid change helped a bit but long-term in vehicles that are actually driven for miles the 8 speed is still a problem. I have lived in the birthplace of GM for the entirety of my life. Here everyone buys GM with a discount (everyone either is related to GM employee or works at GM) and people are well aware of the 8 speed issues.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
yeah man, its pretty funnny.

im PCSing soon anyways though so it wouldnt have affected me too much either way. It was nice being able to find one locally before it kicked in though.

whats weird is a lot of local dealerships had 1le's inbound that didnt arrive until the first or second week of january but are still selling them. So i guess as long as it was on its way (not on the lot) by the end of 2020, then it was good to go.
Where ya heading if you don't mind me asking?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
not sure yet. Im retraining into a new specialty, training is in Georgia for about 6 months, and then im not sure where im going yet.
If Stewart about 45 minutes away is a little town called Darien, has maybe 1 stoplight. At that stoplight is a place called B&J's. Crappy little buffet spot. Years ago it was Thursday when they did fried chicken, best fried chicken I've ever had.