Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Now what was so hard about that? Thank you fatguy!! Source and all...

We only have a couple of Internationals left. The Volvo’s also have better transmissions.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We only have a couple of Internationals left. The Volvo’s also have better transmissions.
You probably haven't driven a newer one then (2017+).

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

That’s right but I prefer them as they were built like tanks. They are disappearing from our area.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That’s right but I prefer them as they were built like tanks. They are disappearing from our area.
That's too bad. We've put a lot of great things into them in the last few years, specially focused on making them the driver's choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Slightly off-topic:

I run 6 corporations and a gaggle of private companies. Have helped make international policy that props up this very website and the mods and administrators that work it. Television programming on Canada’s largest networks. Feature length movies and shorts. An honest to God record label and one of the last corporate indie labels in Canada. Newspaper and print and an advertising company!

And... All everyone is concerned about is me driving a truck? I know this is a performance car forum - but really? This is how they prioritize things connected with me? The other truckers can’t get enough of my other life - but here...

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That's too bad. We've put a lot of great things into them in the last few years, specially focused on making them the driver's choice.

Unfortunately I’m not in procurements. Actually I have passed the age of full retirement and can quit at any time. But my hours literally start at the end of the business day and I’m so used to it and know everyone that I just keep at it.

But I digress...

The remaining Internationals keep chugging away until they have a major engine repair and then they are retired. I just lost one I like because they screwed up on the speed limiter and the thing was faster than it was supposed to be. Had a lot of fun with that thing!

Hint: Don’t go with the “cheap” front bumpers that Volvo and especially Freightliner have. I hit an empty dell box with some foam in it and that cracked those plastic side pieces to the bumper! The Volvo’s also have unsightly bends to the rather beautiful bumpers now that they have some miles on them. But those internationals had bumpers that would last and last. As funny as it sounds minor crap like that has an impact on perceived quality. But I digress...

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
In 8 weeks and 113 pages, you still haven’t even driven a gen3 coyote to at least just see if it has that part throttle torque you’re looking for....not saying it would fix your credibility on the issue but it certainly couldn’t hurt. Honestly, the mere fact that you’ve never even given it, or any other coyote, a chance makes you look very trollish and insincere. I’ve driven big blocks....I know how they feel...but you haven’t driven a gen3 coyote (or even better, a supercharged one).

I guess you’d rather just sit at a computer and rant about how inferior it is to everything else out there.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
In 8 weeks and 113 pages, you still haven’t even driven a gen3 coyote to at least just see if it has that part throttle torque you’re looking for....not saying it would fix your credibility on the issue but it certainly couldn’t hurt. Honestly, the mere fact that you’ve never even given it, or any other coyote, a chance makes you look very trollish and insincere. I’ve driven big blocks....I know how they feel...but you haven’t driven a gen3 coyote (or even better, a supercharged one).

I guess you’d rather just sit at a computer and rant about how inferior it is to everything else out there.

I have no problem with the Coyote and would be driving one right now if it were not for the “Russian Roulette” business with that plasma liner bore. I’ve said this many times and tried to get a 2017 GT. You’re confusing me with Erick427 who really has it in for the Coyote. I test drove the car as I normally drive - and - then decided to find a black one and buy it! It was fine the way I drive. But the last black one was sold the day before! So I gave up and decided to live with the reliable V6.

The fact that I got interested in the truck motor swap has little to do with the Coyote and more to do with wanting a truck motor in my Mustang cause I’m a trucker with 32 years under his belt to prove it.

So yes, I want the dump truck motor in a Mustang package...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Oh I know, drove them for 13 years. I would like to know what truck he has that produces 2000 at basically 1500. I want to know what I was missing out on!!
Aren't the Cummins ISX engines good for upward of about 2000 ft*lbs? I know HP varies quite a bit.

I'll have to ask my son what his W900 has got for power and torque these days. All I know is that it's not the original engine.

Norm

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

And I will say it again. Even if the Gen 3 Coyote has the torque I want down low, Ford has to address the QC problems before I’ll buy. “That” is the reason, so talking about numbers in the new motor does nothing to sway me back to the Coyote. If Ford tells us exactly what is wrong with some of those motors and fixes it - then I’m probably back in - along with a lot of other people here!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I have no problem with the Coyote
That’s bs.....you’ve posted dozens of times all the engines you think are better than the coyote ranging from 2.0 to 13 liters. Heck just the other day you were posting why you thought the new 2.3 eb is faster!

And the cylinder liner excuse is a lame one for many reasons that I think you already know.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
And I will say it again. Even if the Gen 3 Coyote has the torque I want down low, Ford has to address the QC problems before I’ll buy....
Silly silly silly excuse to keep this ruse going.

Do you have a clue as to how widespread these “QC problems” are? What percent failure rate are we talking about? What percent is “acceptable”? How will you know if it’s fixed? Is it covered under warranty? What “QC problems” will the all-new 7.3 have? Surely a brand new engine will be problem-free from the start, right? Would a swapped 7.3 have a warranty? What other reliability issues might a swap introduce?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
And I will say it again. Even if the Gen 3 Coyote has the torque I want down low, Ford has to address the QC problems before I’ll buy. “That” is the reason
That may be a fair enough reason for being skeptical/not being thrilled with the Coyote. But that's where it stops, and identifying what you don't like about the Coyote doesn't by itself say anything about this 7.3L engine or whether it would be a better choice solely on the basis of whatever your particular preferred performance metric might be.

Norm

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Silly silly silly excuse to keep this ruse going.

Do you have a clue as to how widespread these “QC problems” are? What percent failure rate are we talking about? What percent is “acceptable”? How will you know if it’s fixed? Is it covered under warranty? What “QC problems” will the all-new 7.3 have? Surely a brand new engine will be problem-free from the start, right? Would a swapped 7.3 have a warranty? What other reliability issues might a swap introduce?

I have an S550 right now that has not had a single issue in almost 2 years. Started in -25 degree weather without a hiccup. If I am going to sell that, and buy a new GT, that thing as to be bullet proof - end of discussion!

The 7.3 is different as it was a wish I had as a kid to own a big block. I would rather take gambles on an old tech motor with proven designs like iron block and port injection and just deal with fitment issues and such to make the dream a reality. It is different than buying a GT.

But with the Coyote I know I’m not alone - trust me on this...
Sponsored