Sponsored

Who needs a minivan!

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
I am the youngest of 4 brothers (family of 6 members with mom and dad). My dad NEVER had a minivan, wagon, SUV or anything like that... He always had normal mid size (at one point the largest car was a Grand Marquis) cars...

Back then having DVD systems in cars was not indispensable. Riding on the car was "family time".

For 2 kids a Mustang is a perfect family car... Kids love Mustangs...

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
One year old enjoying the top down for the first time (pic taken by my wife with wind blowing in his hair):

Five year old getting settled in:

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
BTW, We fit a pack-n-play and two roller bags (like the kind you take on board planes) in the trunk nor problem, and this was in the convertible. Good enough for a weekend trip.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I refuse to drive a boring car or suv. they said it couldn't hold kids they said...

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
looking at these pics gives me the chills. i had to go back there a few weeks ago to clean the window. getting out of there was a struggle, LOL. i'm 6 foot 240 lbs.

AzBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Gt Vert Premium
I've got a 2011 gt vert. Very tall for their ages 6&9yo girls fit in the back, but @ 6'3 i feel pretty squished, and wouldnt want to drive like that for very long.

Infinally got a chance to sit in a 15 this weekend. I didnt have the kids with me, but in an optimal driving position for me, it still seemed very tight on leg room behind the drivers seat. When i moved the seat up to a comfortable amount of legroom for the backseat, i was surprised how much roomier it felt for me. I also felt like the best driving position in the 15 was better than i can get in my 11. The telescoping wheel helped and it felt like i sat lower in the car. I was impressed by the fit.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Did the same thing with my little nephews in my 2012. A couple months later, my cousin bought a convertible too, because they loved it so much. After this, I know that I will NEVER sacrifice the pony just because of kids (god forbid)
472432_3198398443205_804605515_o.jpg

Last edited:

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
I guess you can say it started for me whenever I was 5 back in 2000 and my father got a new black 2001 Mustang GT. I remember all the road trips we took! Teach 'em young! You never know when you may have a future Pony driver on your hands!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
and nekro'd

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
My older son was 11 months old when I took delivery on my 89 5.0 LX. He called it the Zoom Car from the time he could speak, and helped me work on it as soon as he could (about 5 years old.) He was a Mustang kid before he could walk or talk.

Fast forward.

He bought a 94 GT when he turned 18 and I couldn't stop him, LOL. (I started him in a Nissan truck, to try to keep him alive at 16.) We have done a ton of work to that car, and he did a lot more by himself, in the carport of his college apartment.

Recently (he's now 27) he very sadly told me that with a new wife and a small garage and limited funds, the now-old (200k miles) 94 was going to have to go, he didn't have room or money to keep it. And neither of us wanted to see it go. I have some room, and I found some money . . . .

So in addition to my 15 GT I now have a well-modified 94 GT in my garage. It needs more work, starting with a short block to stem the tide of burning oil. But it still sounds awesome, with a GT 40 top end, shorty headers, off-road H and 40-series Flowmasters.

Winter is coming, yard work is winding down, no more jet-skiing . . . about time to tear into the old girl. I am looking forward to it.

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L
"You can't drive a mustang with kids" they said! Well, five mustangs and two kids later I've never been in a situation where I regretted having a stang as my DD. Nothing brings a smile to my kids faces like a row through three with the windows down, must be in their blood ;). Cheers to all the dads out there doing the same.

:thumbsup:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Looks like mine! I have 2 seats in the back as well.

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
I'll be putting 2 Graco Nautilus car seats (best ones!) as soon as I pick up my stang. Already ordered 2 seat kick mats so their dirty shoes don't mess up the back of my seats :)
Sponsored